CarChoice - CarChoice Magazine. (WORK IN PROGRESS)

Supercars?
Fuck that :laughing:

Yeah, count me in for the FWD one.

Let me kick off the next issue with a hot hatch…

National Motors Inc. released the Muon, a rival to the VW Golf, Ford Focus and other similar cars in 2015, with the aim of continuing its run of sales successes in the C-segment. Among the many trims offered was the T205 (turbo, 2-liter, 5-door), a high-performance variant intended to challenge the Golf GTI, Focus ST, Megane RS and Civic Type-R.

The only thing distinguishing the T205 from lesser variants was widened front wheel arches to accommodate larger tires, along with subtle front and rear spoilers for high-speed stability.

The combination of alloy panels (for reduced weight) and multilink rear suspension made the T205 a supremely agile front-driver, one which can be enjoyed on virtually any kind of road.

Under the hood was a 2-liter turbo straight-4 delivering 280 bhp at 7400 rpm, but more important was the broad, flat torque curve, which made overtaking a breeze. It was still quite economical for a high-performance engine, though, and since it was hooked up exclusively to a six-speed manual and mechanical LSD, was a joy to thrash to its 8000-rpm redline.

Even with a 10% markup, the T205 had a sub-20k base price, making it a very tempting proposition for cash-strapped enthusiasts everywhere, particularly those who needed the practicality of a five-door bodyshell.

With a top speed of just over 160 mph and a 0-60 time of 6.3 seconds, the T205 was a great straight-line performed despite some wheelspin during standing-start launches, and the lack of any discernible torque steer made it an absolute riot in the corners. All variants of the Muon are still on sale today, so there is plenty of time left to bag a bargain!

1 Like

From the kooky minds at French Foreign Motor-vehicles comes the latest variant of the classic Famas Super hatch.

There is no mistaking this as anything but an FFM Famas with the classic Se leva two tone paint job and those nostrils.
The Famas is built off of a Corrosion resistant steel monocoque chassis with a bonded partial aluminum body. Double wishbone suspension can be found at each corner of the vehicle.

This is an all analog vehicle the only computers are those for controlling the engine systems which can be tuned at any workshop equipped to use Microtech* electronic control units. (we highly recommend only using well respected engine tuners with a chassis dynometer )
The suspension is a simple to modify and adjust setup using progressive springs, gas mono shock absorbers and passive sway bars and is designed so that any good suspension tuning workshop can modify and adjust to suit each individual owner.

Inside we find only 2 modest bucket seats along with 3 point and 5 point seat-belt systems ( note 5 point system may not be legal in some market for street use)
An 8 point padded rollcage along with front, side and shin airbags and self retracting seatbelts is standard as always FFM at the forefront of safety devices.

A simple 6sp manual gearbox along with a mechanical LSD help to propel the car from 0-100KM/h in no more than 5.2 seconds with a top speed of 220Km/h! The wheels can not be mistaken for anything but something from the minds of Frenchmen with 4 large spokes wrapped in super sticky 255mm tyres. The brake are simple vented large discs that can be machined rather than having to be replaced.

But the best is yet to come. Powering the little FWD hatch is a 1.6L 301hp 9000RPM turbo screamer, with 4 valves per cylinder and VVT. Only the best materials were used on this engine that started life in the early 80’s! A cast iron block with alloy head still is up to the task in this modern day of all Alsi VVL/VVT lagless modern engines. The turbo spools late helping to create a real sense of surging power that modern twincharged engines simply cannot deliver.

But perhaps the most (or least) important detail is just how fast is it? Well how does a Airfield lap time of 1:19:95 sound?
Yep this little hatch originally from the 80’s can match and beat times from the famous Koenigsegg CCX once the faster production car in the world.

Now the Famas is cheap but it does only appeal to a small segment of the market. FFM produces the MK5 Famas at a loss. Retailing at $13200.

3 Likes

I dont get it , why use a 1.6L engine and force it to make 301hp

you can use a bigger engine to do that with a little more benefit to reliability and economy.

It is possible, but not exactly easy, to extract >300 bhp from <2 liters and return good economy in the process. With such bizarre styling (for lack of a better word) and a body that is three decades old, it’s no wonder the Famas is selling at a loss, but at least my Muon has a rival!

It is French lol. Honestly to keep to the lore of FFM. I know a modern vvl engine tuned correctly would easily out perform my little 1.6 however the point of this car is a dirt cheap kooky unique boy racer with 300hp/tonne. And the black roof took so long to make i decided to keep it as my main hatch

1 Like

Ooh I have one from Armada’s increasingly complicated line-up of their staple Hatch, the Fore. The next question is do I submit:

• The Extreme version of their entry level trim
  • The high boost version of the sports trim
  • The Sports version of their executive trim
  • The default model of the two seat R spec trim?

p.s. @Darkshine5, isn’t the FAMAS the French service rifle otherwise known as le Clairon? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yep all of the FFM model names are derived from important figures and tools of The Legion

btw what spec tyres and tech year are you using there? I’m trying to make reasonably realistic newish cars (2008 onwards) and definitely you can’t even get close to that price unless you build a super shitbox :joy: let alone even approaching those kind of times.

Tech year is 2016 im not sure atm about tyres but il let u know toomorrow when back online. The whole idea of the famas started in 82 with the 4age inspired 1650cc engine originally carb and i just couldnt be bothered to go thru making the blacked out roof on a new body shape

edit: @strop tyres are soft compound no tech points used.
heres the export for anyone thats interested
juliusgraham5485 - FFM Famas MK1.zip (184.2 KB)

CMT is currently doing last tweaks on their car.

1 Like

To @AnyoneWhoCares :

If it is possible, could you send 1 or 2 shots of your car with a Transparent backdrop or plain colour backdrop. This will help me A LOAD!!! Since about 3/4 of an hour is needed to do that for me, it would be really helpful!

Thanks!!!

I can probably get my car together sometime in the next 2 days, will that be soon enough?

After going through the entire Fore Gen IV lineup from eco box to touring hot hatch, I decided to submit something like an R++ version of the current modern hot hatch competitors, meaning sports interior, standard entertainment. And a lot of FF powaaaaaa :joy:

Power. I… Need… POWAAAAAAAAAA

Ok then final question: i4 or v6?

wait. it’s still open right?

Can’t help you with that! Maybe ask other company owners or look at existing hot-hatches

Yup!

#NEW RULES

####Found at top of page

OMG using that plain black background is sooo much easier for mee!