Cars by Doofus

Hi. I’m Doofus. I’ve been making cars in Automation since October, 2018.

I’m mostly active on the official Discord server, but I figured it’d be good for me if I started to branch out here. I have several companies in varying states of fleshed-out-ness, some of which have actual lore to them, and I figured it’d be good if I put together a few cars I’ve made that stand out to me.

1. 1989 Marchetti Zeppelli 10-5 MR

The Marchetti Zeppelli 10-5 MR is a production supercar, built by my lesser-used Italian company, Marchetti. It sports a mid-mounted, naturally aspirated 5.2 litre V10 with fuel injection, sending 430 horsepower to the rear wheels. It has a top speed of 307km/h, though the 0-100km/h time escapes me.

The Zeppelli was one of the first high-performance cars I’d built, being completely unfamiliar territory to me at the time. I adapted its styling from several stand-out cars of its era, such as the Jiotto Caspita and the Vector W2, as well as certain species of sharks. Hence, the shark-like “gills” that help ventilate the Zeppelli’s engine.

I’ve only ever made one more supercar in the same vein as the Zeppelli, though I see many more high-performance cars like it in the future.

1. 1985 Zapruder B-BACK Turbo

The Zapruder B-BACK Turbo is a rugged, soft-topped beach truck from my American automaker, Zapruder Automotive. It’s built with a focus on fun and utility, and is powered by a single overhead-cam, 3.5 litre straight six engine, fuel injected, mounted with Zapruder’s JETSTREAM technology, the in-house name for their factory turbochargers. The B-BACK has a top speed of 185km/h, and a 0-100km/h time of 8 and a half seconds.

The B-BACK was built during a period of time in which I was experimenting with a playstyle, of designing ten cars for each decade of a car company’s existence. I’d already built a car for Zapruder in the 1980s, but felt I hadn’t exercised enough creativity in its design. Thus, I built the B-BACK, drawing design inspiration from mid-80s Jeep designs, but also trying to capture the essence of (and if you’ll excuse me for saying) my own sexuality.

I enjoy designing open-topped cars, having made several of them since the middle of the year. The B-BACK was, at the time, the furthest I’d gone in terms of testing the limits of the game’s engine, with its roll-cage, windscreen and rolled-up roof cover, and represents for me the extent at which I can test the game’s limits, whilst producing desirable results.

1. 2020 Seongwoo Jimin BTS

Despite logging 1,500 hours in Automation, I have only ever made four modern cars. The 2020 Seongwoo Jimin BTS (Boxer Turbo Sport) is the fourth, and so far the most competent modern design I’ve made. It is a modern, sporty and lightweight roadster, powered by a 1.1 litre boxer-four engine with twin turbochargers, giving it a top speed of 200km/h and a 0-100km/h time of 7 seconds. Some of you may already recognise the Jimin BTS from when Private_Miros reviewed it in his magazine, The Exhaust Note. (big shoutout to Miros for reviewing the Jimin, love ya <3)

I’ve never truly been able to get a grip on modern design. It isn’t that I don’t like it, quite the opposite really, it’s more that I can never seem to properly “get into the groove” of designing a car with modern styling cues. After putting together so many designs from past eras, the post-2000s era feels as if I’m starting from scratch, that my experiences prior somehow seem to evaporate, and I’m left with a blank slate to start over with.
But with me having dipped my fingers into so many eras in car design, having one final era of design to stretch my legs in is a good thing.

I hope you all enjoy these three cars, and I look forward to seeing what you all think of them!

30 Likes

Welcome to the forums man

4 Likes

The front overhang of the supercar is long, but overall I get McLaren F1 vibes., The little truck is cute (albeit a bit… doofy) and the… BTS, is a quite nice looking design. (Especially the front end).The license plates are a bit large though.

Welcome to the forums, we tend to be some of the less toxic game forums that I know of lol

1 Like

Welcome to the forums. Can’t wait to see more.

lol I didn’t know you weren’t on the forums

Nice vehicles you made there, keep up the good work!

I know that a flat-four is the worst engine to turbocharge since each turbo receives exhaust gases from only two cylinders, but it makes the car stand out in a sea of triples and straight-fours. At any rate, with its sleek styling, small size and light weight, the Jimin is effectively a spiritual successor to the Suzuki Cappucino of the early 90s - but with enough thrust to keep up with modern traffic.

1 Like