Home | Wiki | Live Chat | Dev Stream | YouTube | Archived Forums | Contact

Ceder Automobile Groupe | Ditane S.A | '56 Ditane 116

Ceder company logo

Simplicité et raffinement
Est 1928

Ceder Automobiles - founded in 1928 Ceder have produced all ranges of vehicles from commercial vehicles and family cars to high speed sports cars.The company established itself as a company that is very proud of their history in the world of rallying, where they fought with companies like Lancia, Audi and Nohda in the era of Group B. Which saw the Ceder factory racing colours in use for the first time.

A partnership was created in 1966 with French racing team Ditane who needed an engine for their Le-Mans race car and a 2.0 V6 screamer was created. Ditane produced lightweight sports cars using modified Ceder engines from family cars that irritated the likes of the Lotus Europa, special editions of normal Ceder cars were produced such as the Friala MK2 Ditane. Ceder bought out the company in 1977. Unfortunately the company died in 1990 but is set to reappear in 2018.

As of the present Ceder creates family cars and executive saloons to GTE racers.

Important cars

Name Type of Car Reason Year
Ditane 366 Le-Mans race car The beginning of a joining between the two companies 1966
Ceder Friala Family compact A car that set Ceder on the map from the 60s to the present 1965
Ceder Marla Low end sports car The first fuel injected car that Ceder produced 1977

DITANE Automobiles et Racing

1956- 63 - Founded by Julien Ditane in 1956 as a way to battle with the british Lotus Elite. Julien took small engines from low end Ceder cars and put them in the rear of small glass-fibre sports cars. These cars drove in the Mille-Miglia untill the end of the competition in 1957.

1964 - 69 - Julien then set his sights on the 24 hours of Le-Mans. He used custom built closed-top cars and began working heavily with the arts of aero-dynamics. Ditane race cars were very light and sounded incredible, however the could not topple the likes of Ferrari or the Ford Gt-40 which took home 4 straight wins from the years 1966-69. Not being able to be competitive in Le-Mans Julien went back to producing road cars in 1967.

1970 - 77 - In 1972 Ditane released the 322 to combat the Lotus Europa S2, despite its jaw dropping styling and pedigree the 322 could not hold up to the Lotus. Its handling was to scary, the front became light at high speed and the engine was to peaky with to long of gearing. But not all was bad rally versions of the car finished well and their small bodies didn’t require much power from the 1600cc OHV engines. In 1977 the company was bought out by Ceder and the 322 received an asthmatic 2.7 SOHC V6 engine from a family car which made it even harder to drive.

1978 - 86 - Becoming part of Ceder meant that the Group B rally program could be worked on by Ditane and they helped with producing a vehicle for the Group B rally championship, using their rally knowledge from when the 322 rallyed in Group 4. Unfortunately after the program Ditane became fully absorbed and died in the years between 86 and 90.

Logo credits go to @titleguy1

Ditane vehicles will be added when more RR and race car bodies are added to the game.

Car Company Directory

Seems like a nice Renault with a nice Alpine - and since I’m in love with the new Alpine I can’t not like it :slight_smile:

Those were the two companies is am using for inspiration , plus a bit of Citroen crazy here and there.

Alpine + Citroen = sounds like very cool :smiley:

Nice, another French manufacturer that competes in rally :heart_eyes:

I guess youve seen the Nohda Assent Group B too :wink:, but Merciel is my main company that does rally :smiling_imp:

I’d like to see the battle between them unfold

Oh and the Nohda with that livery looks fantastic.

Yeah since the spoiler and wing mods have been ported over to UE4, Ive been meaning to redo the liveries, but currently mods are broken due to an update to the UE4 engine.

Update to OP, giving some history to the compay.

Is that engine planned to be some sort of a joint project?

Your’e very good at this :joy: , yes it is.

Do you also pretty much plan to disappear for 22 years and then release a new model that will have everyone jizzing in their pants? :rofl:

Yes, you have done, top job :+1:

Well I hope the return of the company comes to that but we’ll have to wait and see. :smiley:

That rear end design is perfect :ok_hand:

Wow thank you :smiley:

Mmhhh… We’ll see you in court.

Sorry about that I knew the styling was going to be similar but I didn’t realize how similar the engine options were.:neutral_face:

No trouble! I was kidding. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1. There was basicly NO market for Porsche 956, as it was a race car and according to my research was never converted to be road legal. Didn’t you mean 959?
  2. Me liek for Porsche references
  3. Not bad coupe, but I’d place it with 928 and 930 Carrera instead of 959 - this thing seriously lacks performance to even touch 959.

I meant the 968 my bad not the 956. Even though the 968 was released at the end of the production of the first generation.

I’ve rectified that now thanks for pointing it out.

So your car essentially is between 928 and 944 during it’s lifetime?