Chauffeur Service [CLOSED] Business expansion

NEW CHALLENGE

A friend of mine, a while ago, started a Chauffeur Service in a big city in Fruinia.
After some times of running, the business is going well and the Pearlite Veritas was a revelation, excellent car, but it had a major flaw: passenger capacity.
The board of directors want to increase the services offered adding some (luxurious) people mover to the fleet.

What they are looking for now:
-Newish car (2015 or more)
-Budget around $40000
-Good economy and reliability
-Good comfort
-At least 4 seats in the back rows
-Space for the suitcases

The Board of Directors will buy the cars on 10 Feb 2017. You have until 19/02/17 23:59 GMT to send me your car

RULES:

• 2015 to 2017 trim
  • At least 50% markup
  • Sellable in Fruinia
  • Min 6 seats
  • Send me a PM with an export of your car and if you want some line of text to present it

TIPS

• Price around 40.000$
  • High Cargo space
  • Low running cost
  • High comfort

Everything said before for the other challenge is still valid.

For each car i’ll made a small review and i tell what the Board of Directors have choosen in the days after the deadline.

9 Likes

This is right up my street! Will send an entry in at some point

A LITTLE HELP TO EVERYONE

My friend just told me that they had contacted Raziel for the Freccia (Raziel luxury sub-brand) Caprera 350e, they think it’s a good car, at a good price (70.000$) but a bit underpowered.

He also told me they are considering some vans and SUVs

Hope you can recommend better cars.

francesco.gemi17 - Freccia Caprera.zip (23.5 KB)

4 Likes

You brought this to yourself, prepare to face the consequences

7 Likes

As for other criteria: What about safety (especially since the occupants should value their lives above all else)? And considering the presence of narrow, winding roads in Fruinia, how important will sportiness be?

Edit: I now understand that safety is a priority, but I assume sportiness is not much of a concern; chauffeurs won’t have to drive too fast to get their clients to their destination.

I will not help you anymore, part of the challenge is guess what are the rating criteria.
But i can ask you some questions:

-Their customers want to ride a death trap?
-Their customers want to organize a limo race?
-Their customers want to get to destination fast?

:wink:

EDIT: I’ve corrected the grammar horror, sorry, i was a bit tired when i wrote that

1 Like

Bogliq has thrown it’s hat in the ring…

2017 Bogliq Ambassador Executive

Comfy, safe, fast, frugal… Perfect for a car service company’s premium requirements!

Buy better, buy Bogliq!

2 Likes

3 days left…

Should i postpone the deadline?
Let me know if you want another week to create your car.

I won’t need another week but I will send a car in at some point today :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve got something pretty much ready to go. Just haven’t had the chance to submit it yet.

1 Like

Erin will be sending a brand new Aventa Lex 5.0 Eco along for this competition.
Full stats and details here.

5 Likes

2017 Toronto 519 LX. The first model in Canada Motors’ new luxury sub brand is sure to impress. With a luxury interior and V8 powered AWD, driver and passenger alike will approve.

6 Likes

I finally decided to participate in a challenge :smile:

This is my FruLux 3.5L CS.

She is powered by a 3.5L V8 producing 248hp mated to a 7-speed automatic transmission. Her fully active suspension ensures the utmost comfort, and she gets almost 29 miles to the gallon (US) combined cycle; all at a price tag well under your budget.

4 Likes

Pearlite Motors would be happy to provide a fleet of custom-built Veritas sedans for your chauffeur service.

4 Likes

Last chance to submit your car, tomorrow morning the board of directors will decide which car is the best.

P.S. No SUVs or Vans yet

1 Like

@HighOctaneLove Bogliq Ambassador Executive
The first car we look today is a Bogliq, inside the dealer we try to stop frank to make jokes about Smurfs, by the way, the Ambassador.
Great look, even if our client prefers darker colors. Under the bonnet we can find a 6l v12 Turbo, we like it so much, does not thinks the same our mechanics, too complicated, too many parts that can break. Panels are quite thin, could rust?
Despite the external, this car is 5.3m long, inside is tiny and the roof come down quickly over the back seats.
The last negative side is the price, all our budget, 75000$ per car. Even if it’s beautiful and prestigious, too many downsides.

@one85db OMG VasaV
Carbon Fiber Panel, Front splitter, Rear diffuser, this is not a luxury car. Tiny inside and outside.
Only 9km with one liter of premium fuel. And the color, too showy.
74400$, it maybe worth the price, but is not what we need.

@DeusExMackia Erin Aventa Lex 5.0 Eco
Total silent, when the dealer turn on this car no one noticed. Opening the suicide doors reveal a spacious and luxurious interior. The trunk is massive and well lit.
Time to a test drive, hopefully we brought with us the chief driver to give us a feedback; the ride is smooth and silent but after some km the driver is not relaxed like us. Harsh to drive, the turbo make it unpredictable and the manual gearbox don’t facilitate the work.
70200$ Good but we can find something better. P.s. only 7l/100km it’s incredible, in the future we will keep it in consideration to expand the fleet.

@thecarlover Toronto 519LX
Next stop, the Toronto dealer, the 519 is interesting, compared to other cars of the same segment this is very compact, we all appreciate the exterior look and the modern styling. Inside the predominant feature is the big glass roof and the fifth seat.
Test drive time, the comfort inside is ok, even our driver appreciates this car, with a 9speed auto transmission and a perfect power curve, the car seems like it’s equipped with a cvt.
But something is wrong, when you are inside or you’re looking at the car, it not seems prestigious. Maybe the fifth seat, maybe the material used. Even for only 67650$ is a risk too big, our clients are quite demanding.

@darkshine5 DSD Barramundi GLX
Someone left me this flyer, it’s a car? I think. They sell it near our next stop, we can make a visit?
When we arrive at the DSD we see some strange vehicles, extreme offroaders, racecars, even armored truck. Are we in the right place?
The Barramundi GLX is an extreme offroader, chunky tires, rollbar, enormous. To try to convince us the dealer revs up the car, fortunately I had brought my earplugs.
65280$. If some client want to go from Paris to Dakar… otherwise…no.

@KA24DE FruLux 3.5L CS
First impression of this car, it can really fit a number plate inside that recess? We are all discussing this when someone notice the price on the stand. We were incredulous. It’s really that cheap?
Ok, now we see, it lack of something: The engine is not so big and powerful and when our driver tries to drive fast on slippery surface the wheel spin and squeak, no Traction Control. The car is comfortable but a little slow.
For only 61350$ this car make us think: it’s not so prestigious and drivable like some other but is very cheep….

@phale Pearlite Veritas
Last stop of the day, during the travel to the dealer our discussion is focused on one subject: If there we can’t find a better car, what we buy?
Pearlite Veritas, let’s start on the downsides: The glass roof is only for the driver, not what we need; the reliability, is some magazines they report some small issues on the Veritas, not a big deal but…
When we open the door we shout at the instant, the interior is magnificent, totally handmade, during the test-drive we fell total comfort.
70650$ not cheap compared with the FruLux.
7 votes to 6, we decide to sign the contract for 23 Pearlite Veritas, Congratulation @phale.

Classification
The points are normalized from 0 to 100, i will not reveal the scores weighting because i have another idea in mind.

1. 100 @phale Pearlite Veritas
  2. 99.5 @KA24DE FruLux 3.5L CS
  3. 86 @DeusExMackia Erin Aventa Lex 5.0 Eco
  4. 66 @thecarlover Toronto 519 LX
  5. 63 @HighOctaneLove Bogliq Ambassador Executive
  6. 24 @Darkshine5 DSD Barramundi GLX
  7. 0 @one85db OMG VasaV
5 Likes

Dammit phale stop winning! :persevere:

Well played @phale, an astounding level of comfort on the Veritas I must say! This was a nice little competition @F17Francesco, nice to enter something that isn’t too complicated :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ooh, a very close victory for the Veritas! Can you post a spreadsheet or something to compare all the car stats?

The stats i’ve used for the judjment:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fBkQ97psCTVCAxkJ01ZMFiZEKTTgnpU5Yv0at0TyqRA/edit?usp=sharing

All the cars submitted:
Chauffeur Service.zip (261.9 KB)

The scoring system i’ve used:

EDIT. I forgot to mention, i’ve used another parameter to judge the cars: AESTHETICS, which not meens “how beautiful the cars look” but “how well are suited for the role”. Because is not an absolute parameter from the game but relitive to my own judge, i will not post that to avoid discontent. Just to know, it’s weighted 7 time less then comfort, 2% of the total score.

4 Likes