Chauffeur Service [CLOSED] Business expansion

Great to see that you have introduced a new scoring system for this challenge - and it worked!

And congratulations to @phale on yet another well-deserved win.

1 Like

I left that out because it didn’t influence the car’s stats at all… guess that was a mistake. Still, I’m happy with 2nd place by 0.5 points… especially since it’s my first time competing in a challenge.

I did get the lowest running costs (and initial cost), and highest reliability out of everyone though; which was my main design goal. :smile:

On the first calculation of the score, your car was the winner for only 0.1%, but then I thought it was too little. But you can call this a draw win. Congratulation.

Stay tuned here, maybe in the near future they need some other cars :wink:

Like a said a week ago, they need new cars (vans to be precise).
Can you help me again?

A friend of mine, a while ago, started a Chauffeur Service in a big city in Fruinia.
After some times of running, the business is going well and the Pearlite Veritas was a revelation, excellent car, but it had a major flaw: passenger capacity.
The board of directors want to increase the services offered adding some (luxurious) people mover to the fleet.

What they are looking for now:
-Newish car (2015 or more)
-Budget around $40000
-Good economy and reliability
-Good comfort
-At least 4 seats in the back rows
-Space for the suitcases

The Board of Directors will buy the cars on 10 Feb 2017. You have until 19/02/17 23:59 GMT to send me your car

RULES:

• 2015 to 2017 trim
  • At least 50% markup
  • Sellable in Fruinia
  • Min 6 seats
  • Send me a PM with an export of your car and if you want some line of text to present it

TIPS

• Price around 40.000$
  • High Cargo space
  • Low running cost
  • High comfort

Everything said before for the other challenge is still valid.

For each car i’ll made a small review and i tell what the Board of Directors have choosen in the days after the deadline.

5 Likes

Almost forgot about this. Here’s my ship;

2 Likes

Crap, this one slipped my mind. Any chance you’ll take an entry that ends up being a few hours late?

There are only @KA24DE entry for now (sended today). I have to postpone deadline to see if anyone else is interested. More info tomorrow. By the way, @thecarlover, yes I accept your entry.

Is this the challenge that banned mods?

No, that’s the offroad car challenge.

3 Likes

Thanks!

I will give you another week to send your creations.

New deadline:19/02/17 23:59 GMT

P.S. All the mods aviable on the steam workshop are accepted; excluding Barth Bodies (even i think they don’t give any advantage in this challenge).

4 Likes

Presenting the 2015 Bogliq Patriarch SE!!!

Good luck all who choose to enter!

3 Likes

Hello dear sir,

Please take a look at the 2017 trim of our model Aventure in our lame flyer!

Looking forward to hear from you!

7 Likes

(Takes hat off and holds it against his heart)

End of the time.
4 entries on the board
Score and reviews: soon

4 Likes

It’s hard to do reviews, 3 cars are pretty similar, but i hope to post results this weekend.

4 Likes

Chauffeur Service Board of Directors 20/02/2017 report
CONFIDENTIAL

Today agenda:
-Choose the car to complete the fleet (expanding to vans)

First dealership: OMG @one85db

The Transpire is overall a good van, sporty and luxurious but too expensive for us, the buying cost is 50% over our budget (60000$) and the economy is quite low. Price of the services and fuel will not make this car profitable. Side note: Even if it’s full of technology (like the titanium engine internals and the super sound system) it not fit the role, the seats looks cheap and the roof rack will not be used ever.

Too expensive.

Note to @one85db from @F17Francesco, this submission is way better compared from the other one (Chauffer Service v.1) but (apart from the cost, when you send me it cost 40000 at 0%, I think that was a forgetfulness) it doesn’t need titanium conrods or lightweight pistons; I didn’t ask for a race car, just reduce the stroke length or reduce the cam profile (90 is a bit too much). If you can save some money in the engine, you can spend more on comfort stuff. You have been penalized for reliability and running cost. I hope your next car can win one of my challenges.

Second dealership: FruLux Liner @KA24DE

Following the trend of the moment, this is not a van, but a SUV, not so massive: under 5.5m.
Powerful V8 under the bonnet, outside it look massive and inside have a decent space, the seats are not so impressive but overall is comfortable. The Liner is easy to drive and reasonably fast. During the 26km test circuit we burned 2.5l of fuel. Our mechanic noticed something, the undertray is fully enclosed, it need over 2 hours to dismantle to access the driveline and engine components.

Good after all, we take it in consideration.

Third dealership: Bogliq @HighOctaneLove

The dealer proposes us the Partriarch SE an SUV with the mass of the sun, over 5.9m long it doesn’t fit in our garages. 5 liter I6, 350hp capable of 245km/h, a bit scary on the road, not so easy to tame. Very similar in specs to FruLux, inside is the same for passengers but this have a massive trunk. The engine is efficient and it not consumes so much fuel, but it runs only on Super 98. One major flaw: the side exhausts push fumes in the face of who want to jump up in the back seats.

The financial dept. calculated the annual expenses approx. 15% more than the FruLux. We need to think about it.

Fourth dealership: Fuentes @8bs
Fuentes Aventure 2.2 XT Longo AWD, long like its name. The engine isn’t extremely powerful (160hp) but it’s enough for our use. Inside are pretty much like every other car we had seen today, except for the enormous sunroof. During our test run the car look soft and comfortable and the engine uses only 7.8l/100km. Full alloy panel look sturdy and durable. On “consumerAdvisor” they say it’s reliable and the running cost are low. Only downside: the cargo space, 700l, half the space than the competitor but a little compromise for us. P.S. only 35000$

Maybe the correct choice for us.

7 out of 10 of the BoD members voted for the Fuentes Aventure 2.2 XT Longo AWD.
The company will buy 8 cars.

Scores (normalized from 0 to 100)

Fuentes Aventure @8bs 100pts
Bogliq Patriarch @HighOctaneLove 84pts
FruLux Liner @KA24DE 76 pts
OMG Transpire @one85db 0pts

Complete stats:

4 Likes

I built this thing with the intention of making a few more to compare them to figure out what would work best, but I got busy and just submitted my first one without even looking it over. I guess it shows.

1 Like

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for choosing us. We wish you a very prosperous business.

Best regards.

Fuentes Motors
Official seller

2 Likes