Chrysalis Motors - Unreal Engine reboot

I restart my company because of the new game engine. There are so many new mods and fxtures to play with and the new graphics are a different level than the old one so I don’t want to mix my new designs with the old ones.

I don’t write a fictional history for Chrysalis Motors because I don’t want to limit myself between the borders of a realisticly working company. I like to make both American and European designs so even defining the origin of the company would be difficult. :slight_smile: I like to design cars in every category mostly in the 1960-1990 time period, and that’s what I’ll do! :slight_smile: I hope you guys will like it.

To begin with here is the 1979 Chrysalis Mondial in 1750 GL trim. It’s a sporty family sedan with some Italian influences.

14 Likes

1977 Chrysalis Concord - top of the line executive sedan for the late '70s.

13 Likes

Perfectly malaise! Love it

1 Like

1993 Chrysalis Apex GT V6

Small grocery-getter souped up with a 3 litre V6. I haven’t intended to but it seems I ended up with some kind of a Cavalier - Sunfire - Alfa GTV mashup. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

the level of the details without taking out the cleaness of the cars is too damn nice, congratulations!

1 Like

1966 Chrysalis Everest Sport

Compact all-terrain vehicle by Chrysalis Motors. (I don’t use the SUV term on a '66 car. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

You can always do that if you’re talking about it in the present, though. It’s what the kids do… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Joke aside, I agree with what others said. You capture the spirit of a malaise American car perfectly, without just plonking few fixtures at random.

The Apex is definitly something which could have a GEO badge if you told me. Don’t quite agree with the choice of hood scoop, perhaps a more basic unit without the vent could suffice… Still, very nice design regardless. :+1:

Great designs! What market are the specs designed for? Fuel availability etc.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Nicking_HC:
Yess! I forgot about GEO cars but the Apex definitely wouldn’t look strange in a GEO showroom I agree. :slight_smile: The hood scoop well, maybe a little over the top but hey, it’s the top of the line Apex! :slight_smile: Maybe one day I’ll design a base model Apex with a 4cyl and an auto-box - that won’t have neither a hood scoop neither a rear wing.

Cardude:
The Mondial is designed mostly for Western European market against models like the VW Passat, Renault 18, Fiat 131. I haven’t completed the whole model range but the 1750 GL above is not the base model. It runs on Super 98. I’m not very satisfied with it’s performance though.

The Concord is a high performance executive sedan for US and Western European customers. Targeted competitors are the Cadillac Seville, the BMW 7 series and the Jaguar XJ.
It’s V8 can push it from 0 to 60 in 8.1 secs even on regular, 92 octane fuel so I didn’t went for 98. That acceleration was sports car territoy in 1977.
The Apex is definitely for America. Runs on Premium 95.
The '66 Everest is also for the US market. Runs on regular 92.

2 Likes

It’s definitely a 90s car, but why does its engine have a DOHC valvetrain with just two valves? This is antiquated for the era, and although it had its place in the 60s and 70s, it seems inadequate for the 90s, let alone today.

The '93 Apex is something like a cheap American compact coupe. It’s V6 was not intended to be a modern, high tech engine. More like an ancient but big and strong V6 from an earlier large family car was shoehorned into the Apex to give it some performance. Something like a Cavalier 3.1 V6. Maybe SOHC 12v would be better choice than but I leave it as it is now.

This is antiquated for the era, and although it had its place in the 60s and 70s, it seems inadequate for the 90s

Well, in the early '90s and 2 valve designs started to become obsolete then but in cheap cars companies kept on using them. For example In 2008 you could buy a new VW Golf V, a Skoda Octavia II or even an Audi A4 B7 with a 1.6 8v engine.

1 Like

1946 Chrysalis Victoria Super Six

The first post-war Chrysalis model. Updated with specs soon.

11 Likes

1974 Chrysalis Calypso

A 2+2 GT with a 3.2 six targeted for West-European markets.

15 Likes

I disagree. For example, the DOHC engine in the Ford Sierra and Scorpio in the early 90s had 2 valves per cylinder, it was a fairly new engine at the time, and you probably can find more examples too.

1969 Chrysalis Lexington Brougham

Premium sedan aimed for the US market, trying to steal some sales from the Chevrolet Caprice, Ford LTD and similar luxo-barges.

12 Likes

1956 Chrysalis Albion

Large executive sedan for the British market, surprisingly quick due to its strong inline six engine.

9 Likes

1960 Chrysalis Florida Lux and Florida Lux Touring

The bread-and-butter family car by Chrysalis. Powered by a 71HP 1.6 liter four-cylinder engine. Nothing ground-breaking but it’s a good choice for middle-class European families.

22 Likes

1968 Chrysalis Typhoon GTS

Chrysalis’ first supercar. Powered by a 3.7 liter V8, mounted longitudal, attached to a five speed gearbox. Power output: 270HP.
Top speed: 240 km/h
Acceleration 0 to 100 km/h: under 5.4 sec

7 Likes

Nice design, very European looking. Pushrod engine and live axle leaf spring? Drums all-round?

1 Like

OHC 8V, low compression (8.0:1), single barrel carb. Drum brakes all around. Double wishbone at front, Semi trailing arm at rear.

1 Like