Chrysalis Motors

Good designs here. Kudos :wink:

Thanks! With the quality mods coming to Automation now it’s really fun to make cars. Here is a recent creation:

The 1980 Chrysalis Medici - our design goal was to combine the exotic look and sportiness of a European premium sedan with the solidity and comfort of the traditional American car.

Standard equipment of every Medici modell:
-4.6L Economic V8 (186HP)
-4spd automatic transmission
-hidden headlights and three-colored Euro-style taillights
-power steering and power
-power windows
-heated and electrically adjustable wing mirrors
-stereo radio with cassette player
-Digital instrument panel

2 Likes

1955 Chrysalis Monterey V8 - the Chrysalis Monterey has been designed to compete with such American luxury manufacturers like Cadillac, Imperial, Lincoln and Packard. The Monterey limousine has comfortable room for six people, and has a brand new V8 engine which could catapult this heavy cruiser to 100km/h just under 12.4 seconds.

3 Likes

It’s simply beautiful. I like it a lot!

Thank you! '50s American cars are big favourites of mine. I hope we’ll get some more bodies from this era of automobile history to work on.

1974 Chrysalis Imola 2000 Stradale - compact coupé for the European market. Its main rivals are the Ford Capri, Opel Manta and Alfa Romeo GTV 1750. The ‘Stradale’ is the name for street legal version - but there is a racing version in the works, to compete in the European Touring Car Championship.

4 Likes

[quote=“RedRiot”]

http://i61.tinypic.com/m9p1ud.jpg[/quote]

Looks great and correct for the time period!

2 Likes

Truly amazing work on the 1955 Chrysalis Monterey V8. :open_mouth:

Thank you!

That '59 is beautiful with all the chrome and your '55 looks very similar to the '55 I am working on. Really love that grill on the '55 over what I tried to do, it fits a lot better.

1 Like

These last designs are really great, GJ!

1 Like

The 1955 Chrysalis Monterey V8 looks beautiful! :wink:

1 Like

1966 Chrysalis Siena 1200 Sedan

A modern, FWD compact sedan - a competitor against the Lancia Fulvia, the Fiat 124 and the Ford Cortina.

4 Likes

1966 Chrysalis Siena 1500 Sport Sedan

The sportier version of the Siena, rivaling the BMW 1602 and the Alfa Romeo Giulia.

4 Likes

1980 Chrysalis Primo 900S Sedan

In 1980 Chrysalis Motors introduced its smallest and most economical model, the Primo. Its 900cc 4 cylinder engine doesn’t force you to fill it up often: 5.99l is enough for it for 100km. Performance is not too brisk on open highways, the Primo feels more home in cities and twisty and narrow rural roads. Space is enough for four passangers and their luggage.

3 Likes

I think you should work a bit on increase the drivability.
Last cars of yours seems pretty low on that side… I think you should be able to hit 40.0 drivability, especially on the 1966 Siena. It also have double wishbone on rear.

Maybe it is not 100% comparable, but take a look to the Z212 Urbana (the black one).

With McPharson (F) and Coil Live Axle (R) I was able to get close to 42 drivability.

What do you think?

Thanks for the advice!

You’re right, making good suspension setups is maybe the hardest task for me in Automation. In different racing sims usually I can make a setup what I enjoy to drive - so it’s not completely nuclear-science for me, but I have some difficulties when analysing suspension diagrams in automation.
How can I find out that is my suspension too hard or too soft? How can I figure out that the car has corner entry oversteer or it’s difficult to keep it straight at highway speed?
“Drivability” is a little abstract for me. And how does it relate to “Sportiness”?

Does high drivability means that the car is “foolproof” easy to drive? Like neutral handling, good bump adsorbtion, balanced brakes. Or does it have to be quick on the test-track too?

Is there some kind of guide for Automation suspension setup?

I’d really like to improve my cars but with proper knowledge - not by tinkering randomly with the sliders until I see green numbers in every row. :smile:

Thanks again checking out my cars, it’s way more interesting to build them if someone helping me pointing out the possible weaknesses and give a direction to how to improve them. :slight_smile:

And yes, the Urbana is in similar category with the Siena. The main differenc is that the Znopresk is RWD, but the engine capacity and the performance is very similar.

1 Like

Hey there! Nice to see one of the older companies being revived. :grin:

1 Like

I’ve updated the base model Siena. I’ve found some earlier Killrob videos where he explained the graphs, it helped a lot.
A different transmission setting coul improve it further, but I’ve tried to find the optimal balane between top speed, acceleration and fuel economy.

2 Likes

Gday @RedRiot. Is there any chance u could send me one of your 1959 coronado for my classic car colection in my DSD thread?

I would send it but unfortunately the file of the '59 Coronado somehow got corrupted so I had to delete it. :frowning: