Co-Operative Build Challenge [Taking Round One Entries]

#Co-Op Build Challenge!

###Outline:
The idea here is you say “I’m in” and you go into a ballot. Once I have all entrants (And it’s an even number), everyone will be randomly paired off. In your pairs, you’ll build [number] of cars to a number of specifications. Each car will have to be built to a market, and there will be required points/things. However, these points/things can be spread however you want, but each car must have at least one of these. Such points may be “one -15 quality slider” or “must use V12”

###Certain Rulings:

• I have the right to ban a user from entering, but this will be sparingly used.
  • Work must be 50-50 split (or near enough) between both users.
  • If your Teammate isn’t pulling their weight, report it to me, and they will either be warned, or your team will be pulled from the round/contest.
  • All vehicles must be road legal, unless the market states otherwise.
  • Final Cars will be sent to me, unless stated otherwise.

###Final Bits:
I’m not sure whether to make this a one-off event, or a repeating event with a score board, or something. Basically not even sure if this will work at all. I’ll leave this up to you all to help me sort some little niggles out. I will work out a scoring system soon.

13 Likes

RESERVED FOR RULES

RESERVED FOR RESULTS

neat. we do need more co-op cars instead of the cars you just build by yourself

1 Like

I like the idea.

I like the idea, but i think it can be hard to work in co-op online, we live in different time zone, and we speak different languages. Can i suggest a rule to split the work and make cooperation more easy? (and maybe more funny)

Each team have 3 members, first one make the chassis and the body than comunicate to the second ONLY the dimensions of the engine bay. The second one (without looking at the body) makes an engine. The third one combine the elements and finish the car.

How it works:
You, or the round leader, or a survey, choose the theme (or the market) and the requirements (3 in total, one for chassis/body, one for the engine and one for the trim. [exactly like what you have write in the first post]
The teams make their car using the rule above.
Someone win

• To make it more fair, the challenge can be done with 3 cars, every time switching roles inside the team.
7 Likes

I like that idea even more.

This sounds like a hoot. I’m in, whatever the format ends up being.

1 Like

I chose teams of 2, as it’s easier to split, than with three.

I think I could attempt to try and get people who speak a common language together, if you just mention what language you’d rather speak when entering, and I’ll group/pair common languages before balloting. (Such as French speakers, German/Austrian/Swiss speakers, Italian speakers, etc.) If you don’t mention anything, you’ll be put into the general ballot.

For the time zone issue, I’m going to say that rounds would be long, so things like people only being available on certain days, or users on the opposite side of the world can still communicate.

(for all) Also would recommend joining the Discord, as it’s probably easier to communicate there, rather than on here :slight_smile:

I’d say I’m nearing the certainty that this would be round based, with the winning team deciding, much like the (now dead) APL.

This also probably won’t be a new user friendly challenge :smiley:

Edit: I’ve come to an idea for scoring.

Each round, say 2-5 markets are chosen, and the overall score would be the average of each market over the three regions then added together. There would be extra things, such as divided by the number of cars, or adding on the average of a stat, etc. So scoring will be slightly different per round.

4 Likes

######Soz for DP

Should I start taking people for the ballot, or does anyone else have anything to add?

I’m in.

i’m totally in. so start counting :stuck_out_tongue:

Im in and you can put me down as english speaking or French

I’ll give it a try, it sounds interesting. I only speak English.

I’m in. English please.

I like this idea, but what do you do if you had an odd number of entrants?

Ok, let’s try it. You can add me to the italians.

I’m in.

I’ll team with another speaker of the Queen’s tongue.

I’m in. I only speak American English.