Comet-Bar Off-road Accessories

This page is here frankly to showcase any builds I do that involves the Comet-Bar Off-road Accessories brand.
However, because of the Nature of the Company, My DMs are open for anyone wanting a Comet-Bar on a Vehicle, or a Full-Blown Off-road conversion, all depending on the nature of the Vehicle.

Guide for Comet-Bar Bullbar fit-out

• Workman, Base-level bar, doesn’t come with Winchcradle or Auxillary lights.
  • Stockman, Regular bar, Comes with Auxillary Lights, no Winchcradle.
  • Signature, Top-level Bar, Auxillary Lights and Winchcradle.
  • Bushman, For Utes, Big 'ol Unit.

Comet-Bar Styles:

• Stepford Upper and Lower
  • Dalesford Upper and Lower
  • Dalesford Minor Upper and Lower
  • Flat Upper and Lower
  • Conforming Upper [Appilicable on few vehicles]

Comet-bar Addons:

• Hoopless bar,
  • Centre hoop only
  • U Hook recovery point
  • Shackle recovery point
  • Auxillary lights Basic [I default to this one]
  • Auxillary lights Circle
  • C H R O M E
  • Brushed Steel
  • Comet-Bar Powered coated black. [I default to this one]
  • Antennae on Bar.
  • Spotlights Round or Square.
  • Light Bar, embedded or just on.

Other Comet-Bar options:

• Sidesteps
  • Sidesteps and Siderail.
  • Rear-end Chop Tray conversion.
  • Rear bash bar.
  • Rear Bash bar and Auxillary points.
  • Roof rack.
  • Snorkle
  • The full Hog. Must have well-styled Vehicle.
7 Likes

First up… a build seen before

Comet-Bar RiftVhaun

Known for being First to show up to and Winning TMCC4: Futuristic Off-roaders.

Housing a Custom Workman-Bar does not have Auxillary lights in it… and frankly Headlights-Auxillary lights eh… Mind you Custom Everything else on an MT750 Chassis, also a modified Dump Truck Trailer… turned into a Flat-bed with Crane. A Proper full-blown workout and design study for the guys in Manufacturing and Design.
I think the show got a proper amount of work out of the Interior of that thing…

9 Likes

2011 Marksman Sabre JSA Utility - Chassis Cab Revert

An Example of a Vehicle Fitted with a Comet-Bar Bushman-Bar, as well as a Workman-Tray.
Marksman Sabre Utility Chassis-Cab, with extra modifications.
Seen here: Racing Showdown Advanced [RSA]

Vehicle was originally a Style Side. seen in SSC The Street Showdown Challenge - On Hold ATM

6 Likes

A one-ton ute turned hot rod? Sounds cool to me… mostly because it is.

1 Like

1990 Shuriken K80 Masakari

Equiped with a Stockman Bar, Bushman Tray Camper and Star-Reacher Snorkel.

I may revise the camper when we have more parts that seat in a bit, Body limitations and such are a small pain to work with.

Anyways, a Continuation of the Masakari from CSR119 CSR 119: The Kings of Summer, But Abridged [Submissions Closed, Semi-finals Published]

5 Likes

Kuma KO V8 EXT

@Xepy

So… my first official ‘commission’, Was given this truck and given the Prompt
“Probably something more just to make it look more aggressive, but still look a bit like a work truck”

Well, I’ve done that, and fixed up the tuning… Because erm… Multilink and Light Truck Mono?

Anyways, We slapped on a Workman Bar

4 Likes

Charge Unit

@DukeOFhazards

Second Comunity truck… to be done up by Comet-Bar.
Given the Prompt “It was said to be a good offroader. I belive it would benefit from a bit of an engine upgrade and possibly some visual stuff too, like a lift kit and some offroad bumpers”

Yeah… the engine upgrade we did, We swapped in a Marksman 4 Litre Inline 6 in lew of the 60 degrees V8…
Also did the lift kit… after we did some ‘chassis tuning’
PLEASENEVERDONTDOTHIS
Please refer to the file name of the image supplied if you want to send an Off-roader to Comet-Bar for a do up.
We will decline to do the job from now on if certain decisions are made.
Anyways… as for the “off-road bumpers”. as you didn’t specify very much… this truck is equipped with a bottom of the shelf Workman Front and Rear Bar, with a Tonneau cover as well… and that’s about it.

3 Likes

Oh look, another Comet-Bar Victory.

Copperhead

Seen here

7 Likes

A quick build… but also an experimental.

1970-1976 Marksman TB Sabre Utility, 352 Eptitude ‘GT’

We say… canonically… this is the Original Comet-Bar. a bit patchy… but did the job.

June 3rd 1971
Reginald Kelly after a mild pranging of his new '71 Sabre Ute on a Kangaroo decided to weld up a new bumper for his Ute, Bigger, Better! His first drive was on a dust patch it’s Australia… might be a bit of an understatement calling it a patch, in which he saw a comet…

Eventually, he started a shop in Emu Plains, the same site is used as Comet-Bar HQ in current times, The Original car is stored at HQ, on display. we have no idea how much it’s worth but it is Comet-Bar history.

4 Likes

1972 Quezon Laguna - Marikina Special @variationofvariables

pictured left Marksman Sabre Hardtop seen right

Considering that this thread is basically just the same thing, again and again, I’m making an effort to write up stories to not make this thread complete monotony.

14th October 1972
Reginald Kelly on a trip to the States runs into a Businessman hearing of his Comet-Bar endeavour and his Quezon Laguna in which he mangled the Front Bumper, They inherently started a deal, Build him a Bar, and perhaps start up an operation in the States.

The Bar built for the Laguna was enough to seal the deal, though at a later time we are pretty sure it was in a Demolition derby.

1 Like

Comet-Star-Shader

just an awning

A short experimentation with parts, Might use for a Campsite scene in future.
also seen is a modification of my CSR122 car, just, in non-REDLINE form.

2 Likes

An update on Comet-Bar and things to note in future

We have a admittedly rather shitty homemade logo now!
Maybe if I can, get someone to add this to some Sponsor pack

Builds from others won’t be shown as often… hopefully, this comes from a restructuring of how I’m going to handle cars from now on and be a pedantic arse and ask youse to fill a standardised form [Copy and Paste] seen below to my DMs, This will ensure we have a general agreement of giving a shit about this… or so I get a better of what you want with your Precious work of Art to be taken to the Comet-Bar Workshed.

Standardised form

Comet-Bar Accessories Order Form

[Paste .car file here]

Vehicle Year
[Vehicle year here]
Year of Modification
[Modification year hereThis determines how modern the accessories can be]

Vehicle class
[Catergory 1: Car, Car based Ute, Van, Van Bus, Van Cab Front Van, back Truck]
[Catergory 2: Kei Off-roader, Kei Truck, Ladder based SUV, Light Truck Hilux, Standard Truck F150, Heavy Duty ya know... Ford Super Duty, Large Rig ya know... Semi Trucks, Unimog, something something needs commercial licence, Small Rig Isuzu N series like, Large Bus]

Technical spec
If Category 1, please ensure the vehicle has a Ladder, Monocoque or Light Truck Monocoque Chassis and is Sizeable enough to warrant Comet-Bar accessories. eg. not a small stock Hatchback
If Catergory 2, please ensure you have a Ladder Chassis and not a damned Light Truck because of stats, Ladder on a touch of Quality points will yield similar results and be realistic.

Degree of Modification
[Light just a Bar, Fleet Stuff you see on Worktrucks etc., Regular Recommended Mods for a light Trip to Frasier, Heavy Long trip to Cape-York, Full Bore Quite a lot of stuff, Chopped Bore SUVs to Trucks and Cape York Spec, Tech Demonstrator If you insist on having a Vehicle completely Built-up well past useful]

Intended Use of Vehicle, and if you want to feature it on the Thread
[Prop for something else, To feature in car post with this as an option, Make me feature your car, Something else]

Prompt and/or extra Requests
[Hi here’s mah trugg and I needs it to go Death Vally]

Example filled out form:

Comet-Bar Accessories Order Form

Mah car.car

Vehicle Year
Year of Modification

Vehicle class
Category 2

Technical spec
Basic Requirement met

Degree of Modification
Regular

Intended Use of Vehicle, and if you want to feature it on the Thread
BeamNG.Drive for use on Off-road Rollers, No

Prompt and/or extra Requests
Hello Friend, I’d like to turn this Rickity thing into a sweet Off-road machine

So yeah… that’s a short update… and we will be back to business with far fewer posts in future when the Modular Pipes Mod updates to 4.24.

7 Likes

Interesting News update

Modular Pipes hasn’t been updated… but the new Open Beta now has useable parts that will suffice + 3D fixtures
That’s… technically the good news, the bad news… My 128GB Storage Microsoft Surface Laptop no longer has enough storage to store Automation the Car Company Tycoon Game and the Mods I work with without sacrificing other items I need for Schoolife, in short unless I get a new computer… don’t expect new builds anytime soon.

Automationversewise

Seikatsu now seems to have a solid 20% share of Comet-Bar as of 2004 rising from the 8% back in 1986

and this is a pre 3D fixtures Open Beta Comet-Bar Build of @Tzuyu_main’s 2012 Starcruiser FX. the 4499 KG GVM 6x6 Comet Conversion.

10 Likes

THE RETURN
BIGGER AND BETTER THAN BEFORE

GARLANDALE G500 ROAD TRAIN TRACTOR CAB

Equipped with Turbo Diesel V8, this sucker is ready for any heavy duty job you need it to pull. or push.
With the help with the Comet-Bar Super-Stockman 5 Post Bullbar’s 50mm Frontal Pin Hitch mount.

GO BOLDY, GO GARLANDALE

5 Likes