Home | Wiki | Live Chat | Dev Stream | YouTube | Archived Forums | Contact

Concept cars you wish existed or will come to life soon!

Except it should’ve had 4 doors, but whatever.

Why are all the japanese brands doing these tail lights now

altho that subaru is pretty nice

Because those tailights are cool?

1962 ford mustang concept

Those taillights are ugly as sin. I can only guess that they’re making them look like angery reacts as a joke.

I’ll have to agree with Vri on this one. I think they look cool.

I don’t mind the tail-lights, actually. Maybe not my favorite design, but I’ve seen far worse.

A few years ago, VW unveiled the bonkers Golf R 400. It never saw the light of day due to the vagaries of Dieselgate (and the presence of the Audi RS3 and TT RS, which matched the Golf’s power output and had an extra cylinder to boot), but it showed the lengths VW would go to in trying to dethrone the AMG A45.

This, along with several other stillborn concepts (many, if not all, of which have also been shown in this thread), is described in greater detail here:

(shameless double post warning)

Here’s one more concept from the previous decade which should have been built (and one I’m surprised hasn’t been mentioned here at all before): the Maybach Exelero. Built as a test bed for tyre manufacturer Fulda, this humongous, extravagant and immensely powerful super-coupe was a spiritual successor to the pre-war W38, which served an identical purpose.

Had Maybach made a few dozen of these back in the day, and offered each of them for sale for at least a million dollars apiece, it would have been much less likely that the brand would be relegated to just another trim level on the current S-Class, and it would have retained its relevance for much longer.

The development, specifications and fate of the Exelero are explored in-depth here:

When my grandfather was alive, he was a big Packard guy. He had a model of an old Super 8 he used to own (when he was courting my grandmother in the early 50s). I loosely based my Olympus story on Packard. A while back I wondered who owns the rights to the Packard name. The guy who bought the name created a concept back in 1999.

Looks like he threw some body moldings onto a Jaguar S-type, and called it a Packard.
Personally, I would like one that had a more retro feel to it, although with the size they were, it would likely be considered an SUV by today’s standards.
Super%208
And I want suicide doors.

I really wish Alfa Romeo would bring back the Spider, not so much the original style Spider, more along the lines of the GTV based one and the Brera based one. The new one probably would be based on the Giulia which is absolutely not a bad thing. Or alternatively Alfa could introduce a new stylish hatch and then base it off that which would be even better.

I mean…

I know they intended for a while to build a new Spider based off of the current MX-5 but that turned out to be the 124 Sport Spider and I feel like that wouldn’t have been a worthy continuation of the name as it would’ve been just an MX-5 in Alfa looks and personally the shape wouldn’t be as nice as it would’ve been intended as a continuation for the original Spider ('66-93)

FCA wants to expand Alfa’s presence to 200,000 units. this could go a long way, especially since it’d be the only convertible FCA has.

Oh yeah. Portal Axle-based 4WD, 4-wheel Steering and HEMI power up front and out back. Talk about a badass desert blaster.