Concept cars you wish existed or will come to life soon!

Excellent taste… I mentioned this in my post: Concept cars you wish existed or will come to life soon!

Why thank you, you as well! Didn’t see that one :stuck_out_tongue: Love my Chrysler for some reason!

Chevrolet El Camino, cause North American Ute, here’s a pic of the 2010 Pontiac G8 ST concept at the 2008 New York Auto Show:

The Pontiac G8 ST was shown at the New York International Auto Show in March 2008. Based on the Holden Commodore Ute, it shared the G8 platform with a 73 in (1,900 mm) cargo bed. The Sport Truck had the same 361 hp (269 kW), 6.0-liter V8 used in the G8 GT, as well as the 3.6-liter, 300 hp (220 kW) direct-injection V6. The G8 ST was slated for release as a 2010 model, but in January 2009, GM announced to dealers the G8 ST was cancelled due to budget cuts and restructuring. In 2011, GM again considered bringing back the El Camino under the Chevrolet brand as early as 2015.

In regards to Chevy bringing stuff back: 4th Gen Cavalier is a thing:

Chevrolet reintroduced the Cavalier name on a new China-only compact sedan below the Cruze, with the Chinese name being Chevrolet Kewozi (科沃兹). The Cavalier was introduced at the 2016 Chengdu Auto Show on September 2, 2016. It’s developed on the same platform as the first generation Cruze, the Delta II platform, and uses the 1.5 liter four-cylinder engine that powers many compact GM models in China, including the Chevrolet Sail. Its pricing sets the Cavalier exactly between the smaller Sail and the more modern second generation Cruze. Deliveries started in September, with almost 10,000 units sold in its first month, but there are indications the Cavalier cannibalizes sales of the similarly priced first generation Cruze, which continues to be sold in China. For 2018, the fourth generation Cavalier will also be sold in Mexico with the same name, replacing the Chevrolet Sonic.
It was facelifted for the 2020 model year for Mexico with slight minor changes, adding three new colors, new alloy design, four airbags and ABS brakes, three-point seatbelts, and stability control as well as minor changes to the interior for the LT trim line including a 7" with Chevrolet myLink and Smartphone Integration for Apple CarPlay. The facelift will go on sale on 23 September 2019.

I wonder how it’d do in the Canada/US Market: Estrena tu Sedán | Cavalier Turbo 2024 | Chevrolet Mex
$254,000 Mexican Peso = ~$13,112.12 USD/$17,379.95 Canadian
Looking at the Chevy Canada site: Chevrolet Canada | Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Crossovers & Vans
For price, it would be between the Spark (from $9998) & Cruze (From $21095)

1 Like

Those kinds of subcompacts are not worth marketing in the US, no one buys them (especially if they’re from an American company). In Canada, there is more of a subcompact market but imports dominate it, and again, American small cars have quite a shit reputation

1 Like