Concord Motor Co. And Concord Child Marques (.Car Files Avalible!)

Hello! Yes, yes, it’s just another car company. Well. Ok. So what? What’s gonna be ‘different’ than all of the other, better know marques. Well, for one, I will be starting in 1938, instead of '46, and I’ll be ending somewhere in the apocalypse. Another feature is that I’ll be making brochures, which YOU can pick up, choose your options, paint, sport packages, etc. Then, send your preferences and I’ll give you your personalized .car file!

Right! Now, for some lore:

Fred Welkman, (1872-1959) born in Upper Manhattan, was an engineer who worked at Gal Engines (from GearCity, a game) from the early '90’s to the late '90’s. After he had saved up some cash, he left Gal and in 1903, started a new company, Concord. After a few years, the company was doing so-so, not very bad, and definitely better than Welkman dreamed of when starting, but not as good as he had hoped. Looking at the past few years, he expected a 31.3% profit gain every year. He had gotten an average of 24.8%. Then, in 1927, he built the Belray. A high-end working class car, with good fuel economy, good-enough performance, and decent reliability. It was a hit! Selling thousands, it propelled him through the depression and gave him, a large car company afterwards.

Belray-1927

*NEW CAR FROM VEHICLE MARQUE CONCORD! FRED WELKMAN SEEMS VERY PLEASED!*

Fred Welkman talks of a new automobile!

New car expected to be released this year! (Today or tomorrow).

*PHOTOS OF NEW CONCORD CAR PROOVES SPECULATION THAT THE CONCORD IS NEARING PRODUCTION!*

1 Like

The all-new Concord Pamelo has arrived! Zooming past all competition, the new Concord is best-in-class and better in person! Buy now!

When the Pamelo came out, it scored big with the critics and brought in good profits. It held up reasonably well, too. While not being quick, or very ‘alive’, it wasn’t in any way, ‘bad’. It had more-than-adequate looks, and could last a while on one tank of fuel. For a long time, the Pamelo was not only a competitive family car, but a surprisingly successful taxi in Dalluha.

Here’s a little story:

While not being popular with motorsports, moonshiners were particularly fond of this car. And in 1950, Barry ‘Border Skipper’ Samuels evaded superior police cars for 12 days straight in one of these*, crossing 4 states until he crashed into a signpost at 85 mph. It flipped a few times before landing in a gully. The police found Barry, trying to crawl away with 2 jars of 'shine. He died in the next 2 minutes. The cops decided to burry Barry in the gully, and came back to the police station, planning to move the Pamelo and Barry the next day. When they got there, the car and Barry were both gone. When questioned, nearby farmers reported wild yells and revving of an engine. One person said they saw a deathly pale man driving a smashed up car right past their house. Legend has it, that if you drive any country back road at 2:56 a.m., you’ll see Barry, driving his all-black Pamelo, right towards you, only to vanish on impact.

Oops, forgot sales charts and statistics:

Sales for 1938:
1938 Pamelo: 12,394 Units
1934 Belray (Facelift): 9,049 Units

Vehicle Statistics (Base):
Material Costs(0% Markup): $8335 (Automation Dollars)/$1389 (USD).
Top Speed: 101 mph.
Weight: 2475 lbs.
Horsepower: 101.
Torque: 154 lbs ft.
Engine Size: 191 cubic inches.
Body Type: Full-Sized Sedan.
Drive Type: RWD.
Best Scoring Markets (Gasmea): Family Utility Premium. 75.6%
Best Scoring Markets (Fruinia): Family Utility Premium. 73.2%
Best Scoring Markets (Archana): Utility Premium. 71.4%
Best Scoring Markets (Hetvesia): Family Utility Premium. 74.8%
Best Scoring Markets (Dalluha): Passenger Fleet. 93.7%

*Barry’s '38 Pamelo will be available in 1950, once I get there, the first person to pm me will get the restored original, the rest will get replicas.

1 Like

Here’s the 1938 Concord Pamelo Options Brochure

1939:

As war breaks out in Europe, America’s still as care-free as last year, it’s still as productive as last year, too. Maybe more. But anyways, at Concord, things were in motion, the Belray, as Fred Welkman had decided, would be discontinued next year, and the Pamelo Mante got a bigger brother, the Pamelo Harris.

One of the biggest problems fixed was the fuel filler cap. In the previous year, people complained about how the cap would actually catch on the back wheel, destroying both the tire and, more importantly, the fuel system! But this was now solved… for $300 more. But, it did come with some other new things, but they were all quite small.

Sales of the Harris were about a good third of the Mante sales, until 1940…

LIKE ALWAYS, THE .CAR FILE IS AVALIBLE, JUST CHOOSE WHAT PAINT, PACKAGES, AND TRIMS YOU WANT AND PM ME. THANKS!