Home | Wiki | Live Chat | Dev Stream | YouTube | Archived Forums | Contact

Contendiente - A car forged for you. (UE4 Thread)

Semi trailing arm high five! :grin:

The second-gen Enemigo may use the same body as the original, but I’m sure that its independent rear end will provide a welcome improvement in terms of ride and handling. And it looks better to boot, even after the facelift.

Review: 2019 Conte Enemigo S Tourer

“It’s the motoring version of your friend who always finishes 4th in Mario Kart”

Splendid Auto Monthly - A Motoring Man's Meanderings (Gavin Anderson's Blog)
Splendid Auto Monthly - A Motoring Man's Meanderings (Gavin Anderson's Blog)

Overview of the 2019 Contendiente Lineup.

We’ll give each car a detailed post as the year goes on and the cars are revealed. For now, consider this a teaser.

We also have another announcement to make.

Have you ever wondered how a Contendiente would look like in a cyberpunk universe such as Shadowrun or Cyberpunk 2077?

You can find out now…in Geneva 2018.

Welcome to the dystopia.

The Contendiente Estrato.

Oh I dig that lore.

And the cars are gorgeous too. How do you do them headlights?

Thank you! Whenever I want to make a headlight I just lay down a basic shape with these taillight strips, then fill them out with strips with the clear glass material and finally add the interior strips :smile:

Headlights are good, but that rear light array on the Estrato along with the rear bumper detail is just pure awesomeness. Were you looking at a lot of BMW’s lately?

(Here’s a musical suggestion for the read :wink: )

NEXT EPISODE: The last decade of the millenium! Bring the 90s Enemigo!

The all new 2018 Contendiente Victoria.

Yes, you have managed to give the brand very much of a south european image all around here… I see some hints of Alfa and some Lancia, maybe even some Renault…well done.

Thank you! I tried to go for some sort of spiced up Seat, in the process giving it some Lancia and Renault. I will say I’m surprised by the Alfa hint you mention though :thinking:

Anyways, glad you like my designs!

Mediterranean + sporty = Alfa :stuck_out_tongue:

:smirk:
:point_right::point_right:

I think that the tail looks Alfa inspired on many of the models, but I guess we all see things differently :stuck_out_tongue:

Contendiente Enemigo ATCC with no livery, one of the examples sold to privateer teams.

Ooh hell yeah, those exhausts rear vents look hot as hell

A quick peek into the near future of 2024.

After all these years saving Neoyens for my first car, treated as mere cattle by the megacorporations’ shady business practices…I could finally afford a piece of my dream; resting below neons and commercials in Japanese, there it was…my '24 Enemigo.

By the end of the 80s, the trend in the automobile industry seemed to be turning as many models as possible into front wheel drive machines, and soon the rumours of the Contendiente Enemigo becoming FWD as well started flooding in. What were these rumours based on? Well, the answer is simple: on the gap between 1992, when the last G3 Enemigo was built, and 1995, when the G4 Enemigo was be launched. It was long enough to explain a serious redesign of the platform, and therefore, a change in engine placement.

As a consequence, prices on the few remaining G3 Enemigos skyrocketed, and people more than ever started taking good care of their precious sports cars. What they did not know, is that a conversion to FWD was not going to be the case for the Enemigo, as Contendiente already had a FWD hatchback (Ataque) and a FWD sedan/wagon/coupé offering that were more on the practical side than on the sporty side. There simply was no reason for them to convert their only RWD model to FWD, and it did not happen: the Enemigo stayed RWD when it was launched again in 1995.

We’re proud to present the fourth generation of the Contendiente Enemigo.

Contendiente Enemigo S in coupé form, shown in Shockwave Blue.

As we said before, the new platform kept the front longitudinal placement for the engine. The chassis, made of galvanised steel, was the last in the story of the Contendiente Enemigo to feature semi trailing arms at the rear, as the following generations would be using multilinks to connect the wheels to the road; MacPherson struts were again chosen as the front end for the monocoque platform.

The design, on the other hand, was a complete rupture from what the Enemigo had been up until then; the double sealed beam headlights were gone and replaced for a set of more streamlined ones that gave off a sensation of speed, the vents became less boxy and what some people call the “90s blob” appeared on the car. The designers wanted to achieve a combination of a modern, sleek design with some agressiveness thrown in for good measure; after all, if it doesn’t look sporty, it’s not an Enemigo, right?

The G4 Enemigo came bundled with a new generation of the Pulso I4. This time, with the maximum displacement of the block up to 2.2 liters, and a new DOHC 4v design including VVT/L for the first time for Contendiente, the Pulso developed 170hp naturally aspirated; the individual throttle bodies it included gave it a characteristic, raspy sound.

The 4th generation Pulso, floating thanks to the ultra secret technology known as photo editing.

The 4th generation of the Pulso would be the last one to feature a cast iron block as well, combined with aluminium heads; mated to a 5 speed manual transmission with an open differential, the Enemigo was propelled from 0 to 100 km/h in just 7.1 seconds, while topping out at 240 km/h and returning a economy of 7,35 l/100km.

The interior did not lack any attention to detail either: in a 2+2 configuration, the interior was covered in cloth, with a radio with cassette reader included; it was also the last Enemigo to feature hydraulic power steering before switching to electric power steering in G5; driver aids included traction control and abs. It was also the first Enemigo to include four corner solid brakes standard.

The car was also offered in sedan and wagon formats, with 5 full seats in these cases, and other optional engines were also offered ranging from 1.6 liters to 2.0 liters, all of them naturally aspirated (it wouldn’t be until the 2000s that Contendiente started using turbochargers, despite an experiment with them in the 80s, that we’ll talk about in another episode).

After a low in the early 90s due to the lack of a dedicated sporty car, the return of the Enemigo in 1995 gave Contendiente the halo they needed again; while its sales were not as good as these of the more practical models in the lineup, this showed the rest of the brands in the market that Contendiente was nowhere near giving up, and that they were there and were a force to be reckoned with.

NEXT EPISODE: What will the 2000s bring?