Sisten Motor Company | 2023 Sisten Kayena

Also are the plastic flares around the wheel arches on the car or custom? Just wanting to know so when Automation is done taking 20 minutes to load I can make a project car and use ideas I got from other cars.

For God’s sake everything is custom

1 Like

First of all, I’d like to thank @On3CherryShake and @Boiled_Steak for helping out Mr. Donut while I was not available. An additional thank you to @CC9020 .

Now, @desperatedonut5 . As your no. 1 biggest fan here on these forums, I have honestly had it with you spamming every thread you find with useless, throwaway comments that you seemingly make to start drama. You have been told many times to stop the spam and yet you simply will not take notice. And no, I wouldn’t excuse this behavior because you are seemingly younger than others here; anyone who is old enough to use the internet and be allowed to make an account in this forum should have to be able to understand the forum etiquette. Your “Idk either and I made the comment”…comment seems to show exactly what kind of a commenter you are. You just don’t care. And if you don’t care, then what is the point of commenting?

If your urge to reply on others threads really can’t control itself, then how-a-bout you say something that the other person could find useful or be thankful for.

“Wow, that is most definitely a very unique design choice - I am really liking that!”

That’s pretty basic, however it’s still a million times better than

“I kinda dig the weird hatchback design”.

Saying that to a car made by a legendary designer here is stupid.

As for you seemingly constantly using Corsica or even Sisten in your lore… yeah do continue please, that’s funny. Once you ask for permission, at least. But… “When was Corsica founded again? Just asking” - Why the hell did you ask that? For the love of god I still don’t understand, please answer.

Here’s what I think you should do: you should take a little break from this place, grow a little older and learn how human interactions online work. Then, after about a year, you come back. Then you’re only going to continue with one company while not being a hazard to the community.

12 Likes

I’m sorry. There’s no excuses for my absolute stupidity. I will refrain from this website until April 2nd so I can let my reign on this forum collapse and I can become a sensible fucking human being. I am sorry for making this forum into crap and I promise to try and not do it again. I wanted today to be a mostly liking posts day but that clearly didn’t work. I’m sorry and goodbye for a while - Mr. Donut <3

P.S When I get back. I’m gonna put the others on hold and only have Taimania as my only company for now.

Calm down. Take a breath, it’s a forum, not your whole life. Take a step back. You didn’t ruin the forum and the only thing you did wrong was commenting everywhere, often for no good reason. Just tone back the quantity and increase the quality of everything you’re doing here - you’ll get a much more positive reaction.

3 Likes

It’s the magical year of 1985. SUV’s haven’t started taking over the world yet and the American people have decided that they don’t like station wagons anymore, leaving the minivan to be the no. 1 choice for big families. With that, the development of two minivans from SiMoCo began. The first was the Sisten Pacific, a standard van with seats stuck in the back. The second version however, was much more interesting. The Corsica Solar GTS, named after the Solar sedan, featured a more sleeker and controversial design.

Both cars were unveiled in 1989, when public testing of them were still underway. This was done in order to rush them out to the public quicker, so they could catch the minivan wave.

Corsica Solar GTS

from 1989-1998

SE

For the first two model years, two versions were available, the first of which was the base SE. With a 3.0 liter V6 borrowed from the base model Cheetah, it rushed from 0 to 100km/h in 10 seconds. Inside, the big party piece were the 8 seats. While the front two seats functioned just as any other normal seat, the second and third row seats could all be rotated 360 degrees, folded flat and even extended for more comfortable leg support.

The standard transmission option was a 3-speed automatic, no manual or a 4-speed auto were ever offered.

XS

Serving its purpose as both the mid- and high level version, the XS came standard with a cassette player instead of the 8-track in the SE. Under the bonnet, the engine looked exactly like the engine in the SE, and that’s because it was the same. As with the base model, the 3-speed auto was the only gearbox.

Sport

Because Corsica was still a “sports” brand, the Solar GTS received a V8 in 1991. The engine in question was the SE96 3.5 V8, with 195 horsepower and 240 Nm of torques. The transmission stayed the same, as did practically everything else. Aside from the fuel economy.

The Sport got 12.3 MPG when new.

“Big Devil”

Started as a small project by three engineers around 1991, the “Big Devil” was picked up by another team in 1992 and turned into a concept car for the 1994 Detroit Auto Show. Getting its name due to the color, it used a modified 4.0 liter V16 sourced from Arion and outputting 435 horsepower with a top speed of 278 km/h. Though the team had plans to enter it into special races, the management at Sisten decided against it and the idea was shelved.

look at the roof scoop though lol

The Big Devil currently rests at the Sisten Museum in Detroit.

Specifications

Corsica Solar GTS SE V6 XS V6 Sport V8 Big Devil V16
Engine
Engine Type 30C680 30C680 SE96 Arion “399” V16
Horsepower 163 163 195 435
Torque 238 238 240 425
Drivetrain Front-Wheel Drive All-Wheel Drive
Performance
Top Speed 216km/h 216km/h 228km/h 276km/h
0-100 km/h 10.1 seconds 10.1 seconds 9.3 seconds 5.3 seconds
80-120 km/h 6.5 seconds 6.5 seconds 6.5 seconds 3.6 seconds
Fuel Economy 19.1 MPG 19.1 MPG 12.3 MPG 24.6 MPG
Car
Weight 1446kg 1446kg 1513kg 1608kg
Price (Adjusted) $29,000 $31,400 $32,000 -

The Solar GTS did not become the sales success that Corsica had hoped for, though that doesn’t mean it was a complete failure. It did stay in production for quite long, lasting until 1998.

In 1990, Corsica launched their version of the Zeta/Starling twins.

21 Likes

I was about to do a Doug crossover as well. You beat me to it!

I don’t think i’ve seen anyone use Hoovie or Clarkson/Hammond/May for this kind of thing, so they’re still open :smile:

I’ve put too much effort into it so far, and it’s different enough haha!

1 Like

I bet that Solar is filled with
Q U I R K S A N D F E A T U R E S

Although I am quite confused with the minivan having the same name as the Solar sedan. Is there any particular reason to that? I’m just curious…

EDIT: Hold on, V16 more economical than the other engines?

4 Likes

Chevy Lumina and Lumina APV :wink:

1 Like

Hoovie: I bought the Cheapest Corsica Solar in the US
Doug: The Corsica Solar Was The Minivan Of The 80s

4 Likes

Yep, it’s named after the sedan partially because of the Lumina APV (like what on3cherryshake said) and mostly because I couldn’t come up with anything better

As for the fuel economy… I don’t know why the V16 is the most efficient. Could be because of the high compression ratio and ignition timing, but then again it’s heavier, has wider tires and is AWD! I don’t know.

2 Likes

Nice April Fool’s Day joke :rofl:

I can very much smell 90s American minivans coming off this car. Surely captures the looks and mechanics of 90s minivans.

Before we roll our cars onto the show stage on the 17th, be sure to check out our official press release for the upcoming 5th generation Yosemite and the All-New Cinto SAV, alongside the announcement of a special Launch Edition of the Wildcat!

13 Likes

Nice designs!! Quick question, where did u find the roof rack?
Edit: Nvm I found it

1 Like

By 1985, the long running Sisten Gran Eagle personal-luxury coupe was running on its last legs. With a downsized design and engines, undesirable styling and outdated technologies, the Gran Eagle didn’t really find any customers. This is when the development for the Corsica Altair began. With a young and fresh name, it was meant to be a return to form for the volume-selling personal luxury car. And it actually sort of managed to achieve that. A bit. Slightly.

Corsica Altair

from 1991-1998

The Corsica Altair made it’s debut in 1991 and went on sale the same year. It is named after the brightest star in the constellation of Aquila and the twelfth brightest star in the night sky.

Because Grandpa doesn’t care about trim-levels, every Altair was came in the Exclusive V8 form. The Exclusive came packed with the all-new GTA2, being the first models to include this engine. It made 252 horsepower when new and included highly advanced technologies called pushrods. Standard equipment included a high-end Phelps cassette deck, electronically adjustable seats, traction control and a sick rear spoiler.

239 km/h was the top speed, 0-100km/h was achieved in 7.5 seconds and the average fuel economy was 14.2 MPG. Because it was American, every model came equipped with a 4-speed Automatic, including the next version below.

Grandpa’s retirement gift got fast in 1993 as Corsica rolled out the Altair Supersport. Instead of the 4.5, under the hood now was a 5.5 Powerblock V8, producing 398 horsepower and 517 Nm of torque. The top speed was electronically limited to 250 km/h and the 0-100 time went down to 6.1 seconds.

Outside, the entire car was lowered by about 6 millimeters and a cool and good, bigger rear spoiler was added. The lower front grille was made more aggressive, the rear bumper received some fake vents and the tail lights… got two additional plastic strips. Two exhaust tips melted into four and surprisingly, a glass sunroof came as standard. It was reported that nearly 88% of all Altair Supersports sold were white.

The Altair received a mild facelift for 1995. The '91 GTA2 was replaced with a newer version, now outputting 257 horsepower. The main design change was featured on the front bumper - the foglights and bottom grille were completely redesigned. Elsewhere, the mirrors were replaced and the tail lights featured a slightly different design.

SPECIFICATIONS

Corsica Altair Exclusive V8 [1991] Exclusive V8 [1995] Superport V8
Engine
Engine Type GTA2 GTA2 Powerblock IT
Horsepower 252 257 398
Torque 376 380 517
Drivetrain Rear-Wheel Drive
Performance
Top Speed 239km/h 241km/h 250km/h
0-100 km/h 7.5 seconds 7.5 seconds 6.1 seconds
80-120 km/h 4.9 seconds 4.8 seconds 3.3 seconds
Fuel Economy 14.2 MPG 14.2 MPG 19.2 MPG
Car
Weight 1580kg 1629kg 1734kg
Price (Adjusted) $43,605 $43,600 $48,000

The Altair was considered a success by the management at Sisten as it sold quite strongly in the first years. After the facelift however, sales were down by nearly 50% and the Altair was finally discontinued in 1998. The Altair ended up being the final personal luxury coupe to come out of the Sisten Motoring Corporation.

In 1992, two models would be launched from Corsica, the first of which being the C900 sedan.

25 Likes

You have a talent for designing great cars. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

An ad, featuring a 5-star rating which they gave to themselves. Obviously.

Corsica C900

from 1992-1998

After the 1981 launch of Corsica, the C900 full-size sedan started development in 1983. The name comes from a naming scheme which would have been used on every Corsica passenger car. This scheme however stuck around for just two models; the C900 and later the C700.

Kenneth Carmichael and his team were given the task of designing this model and the final version was frozen in 1988. A sleek and low design was chosen as the main design theme, and that stuck with it until production. The front of the C900 features the main grille inside the bumper, aiding aerodynamics and making the vehicle look more futuristic.

As a successor to the old Oakwood, the engineers and designers made sure to make this model highly more advance. Underneath the bodyshell lies a monocoque chassis, with MacPherson strut suspension in the front and Multilink at the rear. Unlike the Oakwood, just 5 seats can be found inside, a choice that was inspired by German and Japanese full-size sedans.

A fatal flaw with C900 owners has always been the rust. Due to the Sisten Motoring Corporation cheapening out, the body and chassis are made of cheap metal with just a slight hint of rustproofing.

Three trim levels were available through its lifetime: The V8, the Exclusive and the Classic.

Standard equipment on the V8 was a sunroof, a premium looking cassette deck as well as a 4- speed TranShift automatic gearbox and front foglights.

The Exclusive trim made the option of having a wood finish on the dashboard standard. By 1994, an aluminium finish was also available to choose. Other standard features include power adjusted mirrors and an automatic interior boot release. The gearbox and engine remained the same.

The high-end trim, the Classic, came standard in a black color, though other colors were on offer. The three panel design in the front between the headlights was now painted chrome and on the sides, each wheel had whitewalls. The whitewalls were removed for the 1997 model year. Inside, the cassette deck was now even more high-tech and soon, a CD player came standard alongside the cassette player. Each seat was made of either velour or leather, buyer’s choice.

Each version came with the same engine and transmission. For the engine, it was the same modified version of the GTA2 engine also used in the Altair. Outputting 252 horsepower and 376 Nm of torque, 0-100 km/h was achieved in 7.3 seconds. The transmission was a 4-speed TranShift unit mentioned above. Nothing special about it really. Unlike many of its contemporaries, the C900 still stuck to a rear-wheel drive platform.

Sales of the C900 were considered a success, being the second best selling vehicle in their fleet by 1994. It met its end in 1998 however, when the smaller, mid-size C700 took its place.

SPECIFICATIONS

Summary
Corsica C900 V8, Exclusive & Classic
Engine
Engine Type GTA2
Horsepower 252
Torque 376
Drivetrain Rear-Wheel Drive
Performance
Top Speed 235km/h
0-100 km/h 7.3 seconds
80-120 km/h 4.6 seconds
Fuel Economy 15.2 MPG
Car
Weight 1518kg
Price (Adjusted) from $38,120 (V8)

1992 would be the first year where in Corsica would launch 2 new models. After the C900, the Yosemite SUV followed with its announcement just a few months later.

19 Likes