Sisten Motor Company | 2023 Sisten Kayena

If that’s low quality then idk what you can do if you put effort into it.

1 Like

Love the camera work!:fire:

1 Like

You’ll just have to wait a couple of months to see :wink:

Corsica now you scare me.

5 Likes

In 2010, SMC began development of a successor to its MNE platform, originally introduced in 1993 and updated through the late 90s and mid 00s. This new successor, called the MRV, was designed from the ground up to be adjustable and flexible, meaning it had to be able to support both transverse- and longitudinal engine layouts with both FWD and RWD applications. Corsica’s fourth generation Vienna sedan made its debut in 2012 and became the first model to be based on the MRV platform and later sharing floorpans with the Sisten Kayena, Taluvec DCS and the 2017 Sisten Astem.

HISTORY

Officially introduced at the 2012 New York Auto Show for MY2013, the fourth generation Vienna returned to a longitudinal RWD setup after the 2nd and 3rd generations were based on FWD underpinnings instead and along with the all-new platform, introduced the new 2.7l “Maxtec” Inline-6 engine.

This 4th generation Vienna was designed with intentions of restructuring Corsica, after financial struggles and poor sales hit in the 2000s. Having axed models such as the Vienna TracRunner crossover and Yosemite SpeedTrac pickup, management was hoping for the new model to bring back its earlier crowd of young buyers and to once again compete in the sports sedan market - this strategy worked… at first. Sales were strong throughout the early to mid 2010s but waned as new competition rolled on to the market. Production hit its peak in 2015, with 91,377 models made.

POWERTRAIN

For 2012, the Maxtec I6 produced 285 horsepower and 362 Nm of the finest American torques, propelling it from 0-100km/h in 6.5 seconds. SMCs first 7-speed transmission, the T7CA, was the standard transmission on offer as all manuals were now discontinued. The T7CA was updated in 2016 to the T7CAU alongside the engine, which increased its power output to 291hp. Other changes for 2016 included new headlights and an updated interior.

SPECIFICATIONS

Engine Horsepower 0-62 Top Speed Fuel Economy Price
2.7 Maxtec I6 285 6.5s 240km/h 39.7MPG from $32,400

HISTORY

The 6th generation Sisten Astem was revealed in early 2017, going on sale later that year. Development began shortly after the launch of the fifth generation model in 2011, with full development commencing in 2013.

Thomas Dillinger was appointed as lead designer for this new model, which was designed to satisfy American, European and Australian markets. Previous Astems, especially the original model, had been designed by Sisten in USA with little regard to Europe and that was supported by sales numbers: having replaced the previous Torero sedan, the 2001 Astem underperformed immediately compared to not only its predecessor, but also the competition.

POWERTRAIN

Thanks to the modular design of the platform, the Astem utilizeses a Transverse FWD layout, in contrast with the Vienna and Taluvec DCS. What is shared is the wheelbase and floorpan but not the engines, as the Astem is available with a 2.0 I4 and 2.6 V6 instead.

The 2.0 “EcoTron” I4 generates 215 horsepower and is mated to a T8TT 8-speed transmission, going to 100km/h in 8.5 seconds. The 2.6 “Camen” V6, also combined with T8TT, generates 297 horsepower and drives to 100km/h in 6.9 seconds. Interesting, I know.

TRIM LINES

Three trims are available: SE, XE and Sport, ranging from $24,160 to $40,800. I put as much effort into these edits as I do to the cars, btw. Who cares. SE is equipped with front heated seats, a 12" infotainment screen and automatic collision warning, with XE also including 10-way power adjustment front seats and keyless entry as standard. Sport is essentially available just for the V6 engine, with some other minor additions including 19" wheels coming as standard.

SPECIFICATIONS

Engine Horsepower 0-62 Top Speed Fuel Economy Price
2.0 EcoTron I4 215 8.5s 238km/h 40.5MPG from $24,160
2.6 Camen V6 297 6.9s 263km/h 33.6MPG from $40,800

37 Likes

:weary:

11 Likes

A NEW LOOK FOR CORSICA

https://i.imgur.com/ShZxkZG.gif

Clarity and simplification. Those are the two keywords which describe the new logo of Corsica, developed from the ground up in house for 2020. Maintaining the flat look but introducing a new, transparent view, this new logo type encompasses a new modern age for Corsica.

All MY2021 models (ex Vienna) will receive the new badge, introducing a new era that embraces speed and electricity for the brand. In print and advertising material, the logo is recognizable and simple.

Along with the new logo type, future advertising will include a new animation. With its quick completion and bold look, it represents Corsica as it should - an American sports car manufacturer for the modern age. The animation took a team of 36 scientists working hour-to-hour to complete with the end result being most definitely worth it and will be in use a lot.

A NEW LOOK FOR THE THREAD

Another month, another redesign - the main post has received a substantial update, now with a more fleshed out view of Sisten, Corsica and Taluvec models and more. It can now be viewed as a hub for SMC, with links to not only lore posts, but also to CSR entries and other types of posts featured in this thread.

A NEW LOOK FOR THE SISTEN S1500

As the original design sucked hard, the 2013 S1500 has received a re-design. The original post has been updated with new images, I hope you enjoy the new version. S3500 is still old and not very good though, just ignore that one.

24 Likes

Now I’m not sure if they’re considered outdated now, but I am certain that in one of the autoshows last year the new Yosemite and Cinto were shown

“2nd Most Popular Car News Website in Our Office”

Sisten’s “Recovery Plan” May Include Discontinuation of Corsica

Richard Zucker | 29/07/2020

Sisten, once one of America’s most succesful manufacturers, has had its previous troubles amplified even further by COVID. Notably, the company posted a net loss of $50 million during the fourth quarter of 2019 and just last week, reported a loss of $901 million the second quarter of 2020. Vehicle sales within the US dropped by 45% when compared to a year ago.

As the pandemic rages on, Sisten recently sent out their plan to recover within the company and despite not being fully available to the public, insiders have shared certain aspects of the plan to journalists.

Among the talks of cutting affiliations with certain dealerships, temporarily cutting pensions for certain former employees in half and receding advertisement costs, is the announcement of the discontinuation of some current models within the Sisten, Taluvec and Corsica lineups: these include the Sisten Arena and Cargovan, Taluvec GCS and Corsica Vienna. Here’s a cookie for anyone actually reading this. While the death of the GCS and Vienna have been speculated about earlier, news of the Arena was obvious considering the current generation of the subcompact is currently in its eighth year of production. In other words, quite a long period for a hatchback with tiny-to-no changes within its lifespan.

Read a little further and the most significant part of the plan is revealed. Despite not being fully confirmed, insiders say that the plan outlines research into the “cost-benefits of reducing Sisten Motoring Company’s lineup to only two brands”.

Discontinuation of Sisten can be ruled out for obvious reasons and with Taluvec sales numbers having been continuously rising for the past decade or so, the niche market covered by Corsica does come under further scrutiny. Approximately half of the brands lineup is currently comprised of the Volant and Wildcat sports cars and Cheetah muscle car, despite the sales of Cinto and Yosemite SUVs constituting over 50% of the brands global sales. Sales of the Volant were especially poor last year, shipping just over 200 cars throughout the US.

So, how soon can we expect the death of Corsica? Either in the next few months or not at all. It’s important to remember that going through with a massive plan such as this will require both time and money and could even result in bigger losses for the company than rescuing the brand. Either way, until we receive an announcement from Sisten themselves, nothing can be too certain.

COMMENTS (5)

t1 @titleguy1 | 11:30am
sisten is getting rid of corsica? doesnt surprise me but it proves american companies are still going down the shitter lmfaoooo :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: just buy a farox

★ 15

p1 @professorp3pp3r | 10:55am
Looks like all companies are being hit, wonder how badly sistens lineup will really be hindered

★ 9

m1 @MrChips | 10:38am
Honestly it’s about time that Sisten cut off Corsica. They’ve basically been limping along on two ancient models forever now, it’s embarrassing, and almost everything they came up with to try and recover was trash. Too bad, I really liked what I was hearing about the new Cheetah, guess I’ll just stick with my Hawker Cerberus forever then…

★ 8

c1 @CorsicaUnknown | 10:32am
fuck sisten for getting rid of the Vienna. a RWD, inline 6 sedan with a manaul??? literally perfection. now, I would never buy a Vienna personally but Sisten can still go suck themselves for killing it.

★ 6

c2 @CorsicaUnknown | 10:34am
same

★ 1

t2 @Taffin_Blur | 12:12am
Sad to hear those news, have been driving Corsicas for my entire life. Hopefully, they’ll stay together.

★ 5

30 Likes

Press F for Corsica

12 Likes

Hate to see the company that started this thread go, but for it’s time It did a good run. R.I.P Corsica (supposedly) 1980-2020.

5 Likes

By 1993, the CHK-platform had been in use for the Gran Callahan for 17 years and despite a generation change in 1986, the basic underpinnings still belonged from 1970. In the second quarter of 1987, development began on the eight generation of the flagship Gran Callahan under the codename of GC893 with a projected release in the 1993 model year. I wonder what that codename could possibly stand for. ‎

Design sketches appeared in 1988 and multiple full-scale clay models were constructed under the instructions of lead designer Max Hardwood, with the final design being chosen and patented by the end of 1989. From the outset, major focus was put on improving fuel economy and reducing wind noise by making the Gran Callahan feature a more rounded body, featuring fewer straight lines and smoother curves. Even with the aim of moving Taluvec into the 90s with a contemporary look, several key design features were kept such as the tall vertical grille, chromed windows and a distinctive chrome line running across the sides and wheelarches.

In a slew of changes, the aging CHK platform was retired with the new model being being based on the newly developed BAP underpinnings instead. This resulted in the Gran Callahan being co-developed with the Corsica C900, launched a year before the Taluvec went on sale.

One of the most important changes to the new platform was the introduction of independent rear-suspension, replacing the solid-axle design of earlier models. Despite a negative response about the switch from heads of SMC at first, constant positive testing results and customer feedback encouraged them to change their minds and the change went through. The basic double-wishbone front suspension design was retained but redesigned for better road-holding and handling abilites.

Rather surprisingly, rear-wheel drive was retained for the new model and platform, even with worries of higher development costs and decreased fuel efficiency. While the Gran Callahan remained on a RWD basis, both the mid-size Deniere and personal luxury Windsor coupe had moved on to FWD by the mid-90s. ‎

Prototype mules were first spotted testing in 1991 and after approximately 6 years in development, the eighth- and final generation of the Taluvec Gran Callahan was unveiled at The Roosevelt Hotel in New York, in 1993. Later the same year, the car would be promoted during the grand opening of the MGM Grand on December 18th of the same year. Production continued at the Taluvec plant in East Detroit, continuing the tradition of flagship Taluvec models being assembled at the factory. Production was halted momentarily in 1996 for renovations to the plant and resumed a few months later.

Upon its redesign, the previous two trim levels were carried over: Executive and Exclusive. The changes between the two versions were minor, as most equipment was standard on both models with very few optional extras available. Compared to the Executive, upgrades on the Exclusive included full alloy wheels, an LED screen for the climate control and a trip computer. Like was said about 5 seconds ago, both models were rich with equipment. Air suspension and traction control were standard from launch and an optional CD player was introduced for the '95 MY.

Standard on both models was the SE88 4.0 liter V8, producing 238hp @ 5600RPM and 323Nm @ 4300RPM. The engine, originally introduced in 1988 for the smaller Callahan and the Sisten S1500, utilized electric fuel injection, one of the firsts for Sisten. Introduced for the '95 model year, the 5.8 liter “Super” V8 became standard on the Exclusive trim. Making 322hp and 474Nm, these “Super” engined models ran from 0-100km/h in just 7.1s… obviously, at the cost of fuel economy. It’s about 10MPG, you get the picture. Attached to both of those was the G5TT 4-speed auto.

Advances were made in the safety equipment featured on the model, with ABS becoming standard on all models, having been an option for the '90 to '92 model year models of the previous generation. Four wheel disc brakes were standard for the first time, the front brakes were ventilated. A first for Sisten, three airbags came equipped from the factory: one for the passenger and two for the driver as the second is intended to minimize knee injury during a crash.

NHTSA 1993 Taluvec Gran Callahan Crash Test Ratings

Front Driver Side :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Front Passenger Side :star: :star: :star: :star: – ‎

In terms of sales, the eight generation GC gave a needed rejuvenation to the Taluvec brand, even if it was a minor one. Sales peaked in 1994 at 111,772 units sold and primarily stayed near the 95,000 mark for the remainder of its life… when I say “remainder of its life”, I mean it as in 1999, after 53 years and eight generations, the Gran Callahan name was put to rest.

Falling in line with Taluvecs “2” plan, Sisten wanted to rework the brand during the 2000s to make it competitive with imports and not simply with the Faroxes and Silver-Yorks of the world. The GCS replaced the GC in 2000 and the DCS replacing the Deniere, with the Windsor already being discontinued in 1997. ‎

Further gallery

27 Likes

smc

“You Disagree With Me? Ok Trump Cuck”

Sisten Gains New CEO, Gives Corsica an Ultimatum
Richard Zucker | 19/08/2020

smc

Amid continuing financial troubles amplified by the COVID-19 crisis, Sisten CEO John Hart announced his resignation yesterday and will be succeeded by COO Damian Davies.

Hart, having served as CEO since 2008, led the company through the 2008 automotive industry crisis and pushed for development on the all-electric SHEP platform, co-developed with Hokuto. In a statement released yesterday, the former CEO speaks out further on his retirement.

jhsdcg976TSJHcn skdljefhyt (/ASd g cjashdfb smd.jkfyh)/( UYQw80e 7t8q7hfd KJWHd=udaksduj

Hart sadly lost his glasses just last week and despite best efforts, they could not be found. His successor, Damian Davies, held a conference to dealership managers across the country to affirm struggling dealers and gave a 48-minute speech explaining his vision. Blurry, as he too had lost his glasses. Certain managers were willing to share the contents of Davies’ 5-minute speech detailing his plans for the company, revealing new information about the state of Corsica.

“We certainly do not wanna lose one of the three brands within the Sisten family… [sips water] …and with that in mind, I thought up a plan for Corsica in bed last night. We are going to cut its lineup in half for the 2022 model year and introduce a new, all-electric crossover after that. If profits increase by a considerable amount, so will our liking for the brand.”

[…]

"A key thing to keep in mind here is that we need the profits to increase and not necessarily the sales.

It’s uncertain what the new CEOs plan exactly is, but our researchers have determined it could include slashing multiple models off of the brands lineup and increased focus on EV vehicles. Only time can tell.

Oh yeah Davies is Sisten’s first black CEO.

COMMENTS (5)

@Mikonp7 | 5:31pm

No more @Corsica? Yo @Rigore you got a new customer

★ 26

@chiefzach2018 | 4:07pm

2020 SISTEN EXC CONFIRMED?
Damian Davies is a proud EXC owner. He got it secondhand from his father, who purchased it in 1985, the same year the car was revealed to the world. It’s been 32 years since it joined the family. Important? Not on its own. We have to bring in a number cipher to better understand this. Assume A maps to 1 and Z maps to 26, with all the other numbers mapping in this same order. E is represented by 5, X is represented by 24, and C is represented by 3. Add all three values together, and you get 32. However, if we take this into consideration, the car should’ve been released in 2017, though thinking such would be a foolish decision. Remember how there were two owners? The father and the son - two individuals - imply the car was mainly parked in two different houses, the father’s and the son’s respectively. Two, shall we say, bases of operation. Base two is a counting system where each digit is limited to a value of either 0 or 1. Add these together, and you get - you guessed it - 1. What’s the relevance though? It’s a positive 1, which we can use to shift the values around in the aforementioned table. This means we can apply a Caesar cipher onto the letters such that they each shift forward one place. Doing this, EXC translates to FYD, which leads to integer values of 6, 25, and 4. Adding these together gets us to that magical number 35. Though wait, do you see something? 3 and 5 can be added together to get 8. Why 35 years specifically? Perhaps it’s a hint at an engine type? If they wanted another I4, they would’ve made a new model, say, 40 years on, not 35. With downsizing trends, 30 years would’ve been perfect for introducing an I3. However, they go with 35… Maybe it’s finally got a V8? Have they noticed how many EXCs get their original hearts swapped out for more powerful, reliable V8s? Though then you realize it’s mid-engine. Certainly this couldn’t be the dawn of a new day for the Sisten company, don’t you think? You’re left wondering why Davies would make such a power move as cutting Corsica’s lineup after barely getting his butt in the CEO’s seat. Thanosing it in this capacity frees up plenty of cash for a new model or two - perhaps even a new, mid-engine platform. We know full well Sisten has experience with mid-engine vehicles, and it’s not out of reason to consider they may very well be working on a platform that fits the engine behind the driver. This premise, alongside a fairly lackluster model range (quoth a reporter: “your cars are dull”), is the perfect opening for a V8-powered EXC successor to arrive. See, if you cut out performance cars like the Volant, Wildcat, and Cheetah, then you leave a perfect space for a sports car and what better way to assert Sisten’s dominance than doing a supercar with their name? Davies stating “we need the profits to increase and not necessarily the sales” is a clear indicator that a more elusive, expensive model may very well be on the horizon. Maybe the electric crossover he’s mentioning may serve as a test bed for hybrid technologies to be implemented in a higher trim of this idealized supercar, though there’s already plenty of information from the SHEP platform ready to be applied. Financial troubles could very well just be them faking it to underreport income and gather more money for the car, making this a bluff that other automakers may fall for. However, this could very well be the case, and if they sell a more upscale car for a lower price while still keeping margins at appropriate levels, it may very well be the case that this supercar could save the Sisten company. Seeing how many enthusiasts out there pledge their support to such cars, Sisten is making a calculated move to supply the speed these folks need and turn a quick buck - a win-win situation. Sisten needs a performance car to live, and come on mom I’m using the bathroom don’t barge in on me like that I’ll be out in a few minutes please respect my privacy. Anyway, I’m just gonna finish this real quick because I have work to get to. New EXC confirmed, let’s go #Sisten #supercar ! #EXCconfirmed #gimmelikes #youthemanDamian

★ 25

@On3CherryShake | 8:22pm

Lmao Hokuto is the only thing keeping Sisten afloat now? Makes sense to me

★ 20

@yangx2 | 8:10pm

Another brand turning into a tree hugging crossover CUCK. Innis is the only true alpha brand they never give into that Chinese crossover craze! LOSERS! #USA #BUYAMERICAN #BUILTINNISTOUGH #MASKSAREMURDER

★ 18

26 Likes

I am sad that the seemingly gibberish text isn’t secretely a base64 encoded string.

3 Likes

Zach’s comment :joy: I like this style of company news.

1 Like

Sisten confirmed gay?

giphy

8 Likes

corsicaCORSICACHEETAH

MSRP* STARTING AT
$26,195
V8 Supersport shown. Price starting at MSRP* $44,500

FINANCE FOR
0% APR
For 72 months

LEASE FOR
$299
per month for
36 months

PERFORMANCE IS IN ITS DNA
This all-new 6th generation Cheetah is much more than just a Muscle Car – it goes beyond the original meaning of the term. Powerful, thrilling and refined at once, the flagship Corsica has been completely redesigned from the ground up for MY2020 to deliver the experience of a lifetime on every drive. Unmistakable Cheetah styling is emphasized by a sleek, flowing grille that cools and reduces drag for aerodynamic performance, and distinctive side shaping that punctuates a powerful stance, creating a unmistakable aggressive attitude of its own. When redesigning a car as iconic as Cheetah, you have to capture the look of a beautifully sculpted sports car with performance in its DNA.

smc

Cheetah has always embraced customization and the 6th generation model is no different. From Red Cap that’s designed to captivate auto show crowds to Gray Silver, made to be as sleek as possible, each color choice creates a powerful presence at every angle.

6.2s
seconds 0-62mph

I-VVL
Intelligent Variable Valve Lift system

HP @ 8600RPM

2.4 inline-5

• 257 horsepower and 172 lb.-ft. of torque
  • 0 to 60 times of 6.2 seconds¹ and 6.5 seconds²
  • EPA-estimated 26 MPG highway
  • Variable Valve Lift and Direct Injection
  • Standard on Cheetah Sport

¹ When equipped with 6-speed manual
² When equipped with 8-speed automatic transmission

4.7s
seconds 0-62mph

SDFI
Direct Injection

HP @ 6700RPM

5.8l V8

• 444 horsepower and 412 lb.-ft. of torque
  • 0 to 60 times of 4.7 seconds¹ and 5.0 seconds²
  • EPA-estimated 16 MPG highway
  • Direct Injection and Variable Valve Timing
  • Standard on Cheetah Supersport

¹ When equipped with 6-speed manual
² When equipped with 8-speed automatic transmission

WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THE INSIDE

Comfort is crucial in any vehicle, and Corsica Cheetah takes it to the limit. Standard equipment like the 12" reconfigurable infotainment system and Android Auto® and Apple Carplay® compatibility make the drive that much easier. Project data like your current speed, turn-by-turn directions and performance information onto the windshield near your line of sight with an available Head-Up Display that offers adjustable positioning and brightness.

CHOOSE YOUR CHEETAH

smc

Sport
from $26,195
Standard features:

• 2.4l Gammon I5
  • 6-speed Manual w/ Rev Matching
  • Front- and rear LED Lighting
  • Reversing Sense System
  • Triple-Zone climate control
smc

Supersport
from $44,500
Standard features:

• 5.8l Super V8
  • Performance Rear Wing
  • Head-Up Display
  • Nine (9) Speaker Sound System
  • Dual-Zone Electronic Climate Control
  • Advanced Adaptive Cruise Control

©2020 Sisten Motor Company. All Rights Reserved.

37 Likes

You’ve outtitleguyed Titleguy :stuck_out_tongue: Amazing as a whole. And special love for that I5. Five-pot coupe looking like that? Heck, sign me up of course!

BTW, what font are you using? It looks suspiciously familiar…

1 Like

He’s using Century Gothic.

Otherwise, incredible work as always here Corsica! Presentation is top-notch as expected from you, and the Cheetah itself is an extremely handsome vehicle.

As they say...

12 Likes

Even with the standard (atmo) straight-five, the current Cheetah is a potent performer, and as for the V8 version… It’s the ultimate reasonably priced antidote to downsized turbocharged banality. At any rate, both live up to their name by being as fast as they look - and they are surprisingly affordable for the amount of performance they offer.

1 Like