Corvette6317's Mods

Hey everyone, I have a new body which is close to completetion, after which I plan to finish my modern sedan. However I have to problems I hope someone can help me with:

First, on my new body the seams are not being cut out by the fixtures. They are positioned correctly on the uvmap and assigned correctly in the .lua. Is there anything else that could cause this?

The bigger problem though and the reason I haven’t done much lately, is my 3ds max is running intolerably slowly. Even with only 1000 polys in the scene simply trying to move the camera or switch selection modes can take several seconds. I know my PC is not the issue as it is quite powerful. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Look into the Max help. Just guessing but being a 32 bit version and a heavy app, well, almost everything is memory related.
I would take care in not having a really big number in -scene undo- option and use some scripts that comes in the Max help (mainly clear undo/redo buffer).
OTOH placing the windows swap file out of the OS drive in dynamic mode (windows managing it) might help…, but with a good amount of RAM and a fixed value usually everything works better.
Not a great help but you can only try things here and there. GL

Your 10s mid-size sedan body has an advantage over the vanilla equivalent introduced a year earlier in-game: its engine bay is much longer, and can thus accommodate a high-displacement I6 or V12 with ease. Adding extra body styles (coupe, wagon, etc.) may not seem like such a bad idea after all…:smile:

1 Like

There’s also the fact that it doesn’t look exactly the same either thus giving the player more choice

On that note something noticeably more square like modern Cadillacs would be even better.

1 Like

00s Sport/GT Coupe:

Steam; http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=735013471
Standalone: Dropbox - File Deleted

13 Likes

:thumbsup:

Nice job! :slight_smile:

Nice!
I have noticed one issue: the targa variant without the spoiler has part on the doors on the same bone as the rear bumper. Other than that, this is a great car.

How many more bodies to you have to do? Because I still want that GT wing. :stuck_out_tongue:

There appears to be a minor bug with the ride height, game thinks it has the highest ride height of all bodies.

I would also like to request wider tires. It is not enough for Viper-like body.

Okay, I’ll look into that.

I’ll finish off another wing I started months ago first, then I’ll do the GT wing.

I have no idea why it’s doing that, the ride height in the .lua file is actually very low.

I don’t think it actually affects the stats in any way, so it is probably negligible.

Actually ride height does affect a lot of stats, drivability, practicality, utility and offroad, etc.

1 Like

Fixed, if anyone downloaded the standalone version, redownload now.

1 Like

Depends if the game actually calculates with that number or if the ride height indicator is just glitching out

The ride height issue still persists (or Steam directed me to the old version of the download), but that aside, beautiful body. Thank you.
I especially like that the Viper’s side vents were omitted from the body, and the hood flows very well.
Weight distribution is excellent, allowing for staggered tires without causing heavy understeer. In my case that turned out to be 49.5F/50.5R with 255F/285R tires.

1 Like