CSR 103 - Oh the Places You'll Go

:crab: :crab: :crab: ROUND 2 :crab: :crab: :crab:

And I thought AHS steel was somehow coated, though I guess that may not be the case.

1 Like

Not completely unhappy with the review - itā€™s pretty close to exactly the target market for the car (people who donā€™t care about cars). :slight_smile:

Consumer reliability reports were negative, mentioning multiple problems with the infotainment system, as well as the mirrors spontaneously folding inwards during regular driving. Itā€™s quick, but itā€™s absolutely tedious throwing the sequential shifter back and forth>Blockquote

Shouldā€™ve gone with Basic info, Auto, and some other more reliable options. I was way too carried away with what the game thinks is comfortable. Baaaah next time. No worries

Basic info wouldā€™ve gotten you binned, there are other ways to get trim reliability up.

4 Likes

In all honesty, still new to this game man. Still learning stuff everyday. At least I can say I make better cars than I tried to make a few months ago, but Iā€™m still quite not there

5 Likes

Donā€™t worry, youā€™ll get better as you gain experience!

2 Likes

Thanks! Appreciated. Some day Iā€™ll actually submit a competent car thatā€™s as half as decent as the Ads I design for themā€¦
I just roasted myself didnā€™t I?

3 Likes

Haha, design is definitely something that comes with time. Your ads really show your graphics design background, theyā€™re great

2 Likes

Yep, I do graphic design to pay for my broke ass. One of the only things I seem to do right lol. Thanks again man :heart:ļø Thereā€™ll be more

3 Likes

As I thought my car got binned. Fake Nissan Rouge - I am just bad at designing but as it turns out I am bad in engeenering departmant too.

Dude, my car has solid axles like a land rover defender, itā€™s a totally legitimate suspension layout. While the comfort is low, the rest of my specs are pretty reliably yellow and green in basically everything else. Itā€™s not too far behind a car that went to the next round ffs.

I donā€™t really get why it was outright binned.

She wanted it! She said she wanted my car! I count that as a win! My car was exactly what I wanted it to be!

Though if I wanted a win I shouldā€™ve gone for more a off-road car, probably my Kazume that I made. Oh well, it happens. Maybe the next one :))

5 Likes

Its a freaking Stationwagon and not a Defender ma Dude and its not the best looking one.

4 Likes

Itā€™s an estate crossover built around going off-road, you know, like the objective. There wasnā€™t a regulation of only SUVs and pickups.

I donā€™t have a problem with it not going past stage 1, the issue is being binned.

Ma dude, the new Defender has indepent suspension all around, you just make an old Defender layout basically lol.

Besides, you literally built a station wagon with solid axles all around, itā€™s the worst combo ever. Heck, even Audi allroad Quattro doesnā€™t have solid axles all around and itā€™s offroad oriented.

And please donā€™t be salty about being binned. A lot of people got binned and all of them are fine and accept their fate except you.

5 Likes

Wouldnā€™t be yang round if there wasnā€™t any salt from those who got binned though :wink:

13 Likes

My dude, not going past stage 1 and getting binned is the same fucking thing

4 Likes

Thereā€™s problem #1

Thereā€™s problem #2, and quite a significant one. Just because everything is in the green, doesnā€™t mean itā€™s going to get an easy pass. I didnā€™t give dragawn a get out of jail free card for the exact same problem either.

http://d3hrnetf5izp16.cloudfront.net/optimized/4X/9/d/6/9d6de28d9d8a9ca8f1c2ee4a513fc07b63508be8_1_690x388.jpg

The front of your car is notoriously plain compared to all the cars I passed through. The indicators look tacked on and thereā€™s nothing really much going on there. Note all the square elements in it. The rear?

http://d3hrnetf5izp16.cloudfront.net/optimized/4X/0/a/d/0ad7c4b39f9560b3568919cfe89b0fc043530b2f_1_690x388.jpg

Oh! now the taillights are round!! Not saying that the front needs to be sharp while the rear, sharp as well, the front and rear donā€™t match up in stylistic consistency. Thatā€™s all. Whatā€™s up with the bottom vents? They look tacked on and out of place. The wheel choice? Quite outdated. The mirrors? Very strange given how masculine the vehicle was supposed to look. I canā€™t say the vehicle was pretty at all, and same applied to dragawn. Not that it would have really mattered because their car would have went through if I really didnā€™t care about styling.

EDIT: Adding into this again. Not trying to say dragawnā€™s design was necessarily effortless, it was just too avant-garde. It was intricate and detailed decently well. This doesnā€™t emanate the same melody.

Long story short, donā€™t expect to win on stats alone, itā€™s a dangerous card to play in CSR. Regardless of whoā€™s hosting, everyone looks at styling. Some more strictly than others.

19 Likes

Since Iā€™ve been entering these since CSR 97? 98? ā€œbinnedā€ has been used in a context denoting outright failing to meet the criteria with every other entry being ā€œcrossed off the listā€ or ā€œwouldnā€™t cut itā€. Evidently I misread that, my bad.

I donā€™t enter these expecting to win, itā€™s pretty obvious when consistently getting low or lowest likes, but obviously Iā€™m going to double-take when it looks like Iā€™ve been disqualified for an unwritten rule.