CSR 115 - What if "variable generation Focus pt.3" never happened?

The car should be realistic, low cost. A cheap commuter with a sporty vibe. That is what transpires through the brief.

I can accept this highly confuses Americans which are generally unfamiliar with the European idea of a small car.

Basically the small European cars you are familiar with are the rarely-sold executive, large-engined, top of the line trims here. So if the organiser is going the realistic route, a Stinger-like sports sedan is simply way too expensive to even consider. You’re competing with a Focus 1.0, ST-line. Not a Focus RS or even a proper Focus ST.

Think economy car, with a small engine, but a sport suspension and some sporty trim.

10 Likes

I’m Australian, but you’re right, I am very confused by this haha
I have followed the advice of these comments and started work on a small hatchback. But I do have my original creation laying on the sidelines still. Just in case the host comes back and says it could be technically considered appropriate haha
I’m just happy this whole conversation happened before I submitted a Stinger-type and it just got binned for some unwritten rule I didn’t understand

I know it is not, I do it intentionally.

Ugh here we go again

1. For discussion about cars and the like please take it either to Discord or some other thread. This is the CSR, not somewhere to discuss what the Focus is or how the NA market doesn’t have this and that blah blah I don’t care. Please try and stay on topic.
  2. I bought a Focus. Big clue in what I’m looking for here: something similar. I thought it was blatantly obvious but maybe, much like what happened once before, I need to get a box of crayons out and draw it out for you.

Discuss the competition and send me Focus rivals. Simple, surely.

9 Likes

A Kia Stinger is D-Segment, we are building in C-Segment

You forgot to reference the almighty Corsica post ;DDDD

5 Likes

Bro, chill. It’s just a game, no need to get bitter.

Oh, and new design.

KGB Shūchū RS

1.0L I-3 turbo
6 Speed DCT
7.99 - 0-60

€242 per month on finance

When you’re hosting a challenge and there are up to 50 entries that you have to sort through, importing them and chasing after people if there are some difficulties, then yes, there is a good reason for the host to want people to follow the ruleset properly and not send in nonsensical entries. This isn’t like the old CSR where there were only around 20 entries per round.

5 Likes

Probably a good reason to make things clear in the first place. Saying “I want something other than a focus” generally does not mean “I want a focus, but redesigned”.

Still not a good reason to get pissy.

1 Like

It was already clear as all hell that the premise of the CSR is that OP bought a Focus, but wants something that would compete to be superior than the Focus within its market segment. I really don’t see how anyone managed to interpret this any other way

2 Likes

How did an otherwise straightforward competition get so complicated to understand?

3 Likes

Where did he say “within its market segment”?

Plenty of people buy hot hatches because a sports car is too expensive/impractical, if a sports car is cheaper/more practical then it enters that buyers market.

2 Likes

Here you go

And btw his Focus isnt even an ST or an RS, its just a 1.0 ST-line, so its more like a regular hatch with sporty touches

2 Likes

Well done quoting a post after the entire issue was long settled, completely ignoring the nature of the situation.

I thought we were making cars “in the market segment” not a direct copy of his car.

well it is what you asked me for, why are you still going at it?

what

reading this part

surely one would get the idea that what he wants is something within that criteria?

1 Like

Because you’re being deliberately obtuse.

Let’s not clutter the CSR with unnecessary petty talk, take it to DMs…

9 Likes

Read the word “away”.

Tempt away from the Focus, not replicate the Focus.

1 Like

This is just getting stupid now. Either this stops or I’ll call the whole thing off. I’m not going to waste time I could be using on something more productive for crying out loud. Get a grip or don’t say anything. Don’t like it? Find something else to do.

19 Likes