CSR 124 - Quibbles and Facets - Finals

[h1]Give a grand welcoming to the 1995-1999 Astro Mamba Sport![/h1]
Car_Badge
A peppy little SUV sounds fun right? How about one with AWD? A V6? This is the perfect car for you then! The fastest of the Mamba line-up, the Mamba Sport is sure to make your life more exciting! Not only does our SUV have some of the best tech in it’s class, it’s also one of the best selling out of the Mamba trim line-up!

[hide=more pictures to soothe your SUV needs]

[/hide]

3 Likes

My best strategy to win a CSR: be the second to comment, have a perfect car for the challenge already done, forget to enter it into the challenge :joy::ok_hand:

5 Likes

cant lose if you dont participate in the first place

5 Likes

The guy’s got a point

2 Likes

1975 Famal GR

The most luxurious, advanced and iconic car in the history of the French manufacturer Famal. The GR (from French grande routière) was carefully designed with comfortable high speed cruising in mind - from the most aerodynamical body in class, through the hydropneumatic suspension and the smooth, potent drivetrain coupling a boxer 6 engine with a 4 speed automatic to the plush, high quality interior. It’s a perfect 70s machine for any travel.

2.7 OHV B6 with MFI (from Aquila)
134 hp/162 lb-ft
0-60 in 10 seconds
FWD of course, it’s a French car :stuck_out_tongue:
Juuust under 40k for this 27S trim

Yes, it was made before the update, hence the currently unavailable scene and minor details. No time for new pics :smile:

3 Likes

No time for a fancy ad from me.

1992 Mosport Hydra Scamp

What do you get when you cross a sportscar and a dune buggy? The Hydra Scamp. Powered by a 3.3L turbocharged I6 producing 320 hp, the Hydra Scamp will hit 100 km/h in 7.7s. The modified suspension with rear solid axle and massive increase in ride height, along with offroad tires and a manual locker, allow the car to really rough it where no other sportscar can.

15 Likes

ACA DLX Super Turbo

In the late 1970s, ACA began downsizing their full-size models. Starting in 1978 with the new ACA DLX. Previously a high end trim for the ACA RoadCruiser, the DLX offered the comfort and space of its predecessors while having a smaller overall footprint.
However, with the downsizing of chassis, also came with downsizing engines. The behemoth that was the ACA 440 V8, a staple of high end full-size ACA's, had been dropped in favour of the smaller and more economical 300.
Therefore, to ensure that ACA was not seen as a "sedate" brand, ACA engineers devised a plan to make the DLX "sporty". Since the 1960's, ACA had been dabbling with turbochargers. Though unable to release a turbocharged engine early on due to reliability issues, by the late 70s, turbocharger technology had progressed to a point where ACA engineers felt it was reliable enough to put into a production car. And the first car they would put a turbo in, was the DLX.
22 Likes

1996 Adenine BandicUte RS

The Diminutive Beast

The 1996 BandicUte RS is unlike any vehicle you’ve seen before (unless you remember @strop’s CSR38). Built by Adenine’s Australian division, the BandicUte RS was a subcompact pickup with genuine hauling chops for its size. It was also a fiendishly fast hot hatch which combined rear-biased AWD with lightweight tossability. All of this at a then-unheard-of price point.

Based on the subcompact Bandicoot light truck chassis, the BandicUte RS shared the standard BandicUte’s surprisingly usable cargo space. A clever pass-through gate on the rear of the cab allowed long items, such as ladders or surfboards, to be stored in the short bed. Its strut and solid axle suspension allowed users to haul almost anything that could fit in the bed.

But the real magic had to be experienced from the driver’s seat. A 246hp turbocharged inline-4 propelled this beast to 60mph in just 4.8 seconds. Standard AWD put the power down easily, even in snowy or offroad conditions. Despite having AWD, its curb weight came in at a ridiculously light 1160kg, allowing it to corner at 1.0g. And this pocket rocket could be had for a measly $25500 when new.

During its heyday in the 90s, the BandicUte RS offered the utility of a truck, the acceleration of a Supra, the light weight and tossability of a Miata, and the traction of AWD, all for the price of an Accord. Where else in automotive history can you find such an unusual combination of features?

9 Likes

O I was missed :flushed:

1985 Mikami Playa Bali

Introduced in 1985 at $25,000 USD in today’s money for export markets then experiencing a leisure vehicle craze, this economy car based campervan impressed surfers and other outdoorsy types with its offroad prowess for a unibody vehicle thanks to its patented all wheel drive system, spacious interior, and fuel efficiency. The car was also subject to some notoriety in the Australian market by the late decade due to its acquired reputation as a “shaggin’ wagon” (let’s be real, anything that looks like that is bound to be used for some x-rated shenanigans) resulting in both outrage towards the vehicle by concerned parents and a surge in purchases by aspiring playboys. As a consequence of this publicity, Mikami had to end up pulling the Playa from said market by mid 1989 to avoid further controversy.

Equipment for the “Bali” trim included a port injected 1.6 liter boxer 4 engine generating 88 horsepower and 98 pounds feet of torque, 5-speed manual transmission, and Mikami’s proprietary SuperTrac all-wheel drive system with VLSD. Inside are two cloth seats and a cassette stereo in the driver’s area, as well as a living area in the rear complete with a center table that folds into the floor, two velour diner booth style chairs that can fold flat to serve as a bed, a camper stove and sink, and a miniature tv provided by Kitagawa Industries affiliate Otsumi Electronic.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Crap, I lost the rest of my post :frowning:

Entries closing in 5 minutes, I see some ads without entries :wink:

3 Likes

The Cutest Copyright Infringement Motorpop's Ever Committed.

This Motorpop Go Type C certainly is a different beast from the usual crowd. Packed up front is a 1.6L, naturally-aspirated inline four capable of screaming to 9,100 RPM, sending an electrifying 108 horsepower per liter in the process. The rear hatch, hood, and roof are fashioned from aluminum and the bumpers plastic to reduce weight, with front bucket seats and the five-speed stick’s treated magnesium shift knob contributing to a curb weight just over 1070 kilograms. Sport tires, a limited-slip differential, and aerodynamic additions seal the sport-oriented deal.

One would traditionally expect a lightweight coupe to fit this described sporty mold - perhaps some mid-engine, two-seat runabout - but there was enough space to fit a front-engine, front-wheel-drive hatchback with big ears and a tail, smiling as it bolts through each and every corner. Yes, the former may be capable of jolting to 62 MPH in less than 6.8 seconds and crush a quarter-mile in under 15.2 seconds, but four seats and a spacious trunk certainly do not hertz when making the frequent shopping run or shocking three times as many passengers while scampering from point A to point B.

Make friends with it, and this cute character will never stray from your side.

The 2000 Motorpop Go Type C Pikachu.

How have you not been nuked by Nintendo?

Excellent question. It all started when we received a call for 10 Go Type Cs, which we thought was an odd request for just one person. Upon asking, we found out the person calling was affiliated with Nintendo and wanted to customize them as promo cars for the Pokémon franchise. Given the nature of this project, we wanted to help develop the car to reach their vision, and thus the car’s become it’s own phenomenon within our offices as well as an official project… You could say it has the seal of quality!

What's different here from a standard Go Type C?

The front fascia is virtually unrecognizable compared to the original car - even a different lip was used. The headlights are snapped from our retro-styled Funiculà to serve as Pikachu’s eyes, and the indicators are located within the translucent red "pouches” so as to preserve the character’s appearance. The grille is shaped to emulate a smile as well.

Continue to the top, and you’ll notice Pikachu’s familiar ears. An antenna is present in the left ear, though it’s possible to lift both ears from their rears as additional, but small, storage. Move further back, and you’ll find the familiar brown back stripes; they just serve an aesthetic purpose.

Even further back is the unique hatch, and the first thing you’ll notice on it is the aluminum tail. Added specifically for the look, we carefully considered how wide and how thin it was so as to minimize the rear-view’s disruption. If the original hatch was used, the tail would’ve obstructed the license plate, so we moved the Motorpop badge and license plate to the left while keeping the Go Type C badge to the right. The rear wiper also needed to be placed above the glass rather than below the glass so as to give the tail plenty of room.

Topping it off on the sides are two Go badges. They, along with the rear badge, have a Pokéball in the O as decoration that distinguishes them from the rest of the lineup. Peeking into the interior, the usual red splashes are replaced with yellow, with the red stitching from before remaining.

There’s a Pikachu on the screen.

Oh, right, almost forgot! Nintendo wanted to demo some emerging technology in this vehicle, so they wanted a satellite navigation unit added. Not just any satnav unit though; this one can understand voice commands. Based on development experience from Hey You, Pikachu, Nintendo refined their voice recognition to be more compatible with teen and adult voices. This allows you to, for example, turn on the air conditioner - or to buy some upcoming titles Crystal from a game store - at the press of a button and a move of the mouth.

When prompted, it will reply as only it can, and relevant information will be displayed on the 5” LCD screen. There also happens to be a source button on the device. We’re not sure why one would need it, but perhaps the four controller ports, controller in the glovebox, and gray cartridge may hint at some ingenious Nintendo tinkering…

Also worth noting is that the door chime is a repeated Game Boy Color startup sound, which is fitting because present inside is storage for four Game Boys total, one right next to each seat. A car charger is provided as well. Arguments over who gets to use it are not included.

I drive Motorpop Go everyday, I drive Motorpop Go

18 Likes

And thats it, entries are now closed.

You all killed it this round. Whatever happens in judging y’all should be proud of what you built this week.

Side note, I got bombarded with 6 straight full days of work starting tomorrow (which im really unhappy about), so I will be getting results out as soon as I can but it will be a little slower than usual, not to mention the amount of entries I got.

(if you entered and didn’t post an ad you still can if you want to)

15 Likes

Take your time, that’s a pretty long list of entrants. And judging from the ads they’re all great entries.

2 Likes

Alfora Kiyohime
GTR

The Japan Market was on fire. Thats when Kiyohime GTR was born. The year was 1996, after a sucessful launch of the normal trim, Alfora decided the car was in needed of a hottest version.

With its 4L V8 giving 400hp to the rear wheels, no one could win of it on the streets. So much power gave it a 0-100km/h mark of 4.3s with its 6-speed manual. The Engineering of it had all that fancy things a japanese would want in a car.

The interior was definitively a lot of levels above from the normal Kiyohime you could see in the streets. And wow, scissor doors for enter that beast red interior. What more someone could ask?

But yeah, no one is meant to have all that power, specially on USA. Their government blocked the import of the GTR version there. Only the 2000 that were already inside the country were legalized. 15000 units were made on total.

21 Likes

oh yeah, you kinda forgot me, I think.

I got you no worries :wink: ill post another list when everything is entered

1 Like

you forgot me aswell