haha farty

3 Likes

haha farty

3 Likes

haha farty

3 Likes

haha farty

3 Likes

Hey, all you lame ass wannabe bullies, back off!

Mako has clearly stated their intentions that Farty is a legitimate brand, not a shitpost, so continual mockery is outside the terms of good conduct on the forum and puts you at risk of being suspended or even banned outright!

@Mako you’ve done a good job of making that body look good! Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing your company thread once 4.2 drops (so you don’t have to make everything twice, hahaha)

8 Likes

Thank you, finally some sense in here.

I can’t entirely tell if it’s sarcasm or not, but assuming it isn’t, thanks. The body is really difficult to make work.

4 Likes

This comment should not have appeared here and then, or at least should have been very differently worded. I leave it so that the following discussion makes sense.

Controversial comment

IMO the only real problem of the car is
 the name, strongly associated with (and attracting) kinds of behaviour as seen above.

2 Likes

That is actually a really cool design, and great advertising. Even if it weren’t serious, it definitely belongs! (:

(haha Star Trek logo)

1 Like

This tbh, no matter my personal opinion on the car, or even the brand, the shitposting is absolutely out of control

I’m not being sarcastic so you’re welcome and yep, that body is surprisingly challenging to dress well.

Ahhh, the “boys will be boys” defense
 Don’t blame the victim, these people can read, Mako said stop and they didn’t. Maybe, instead of defending bad behaviour, @hshan you could call 'em out on it. Show, and enforce, a basic level of respect for others and we can all make this forum a friendlier place to be!

3 Likes

I’ll gladly see how’s that going, all that changing peoples imperfect nature. Especially since I, personally, can’t force myself to like the car because by now all I know about that name is only some vague Discord drama and quotes I can’t see the point of without the context of that drama. And Discord drama is sth I like to avoid. No, I’m not defending bad behaviour nor blaming the victim (note that I don’t know the full story). I’m pointing out a bad image with an easy (though obviously compromised) way to reduce it.

4 Likes

Please just remember that not all people who use these forums are native English Speakers. You may remember when the devs were naming the in-game nations that one had to be chnaged after realising in one language it would be seen as inapropriate. Whether or not the name is meant to cause a giggle or not, I don’t know but I urge us all to be mature and move on, before we have the Moderaters in here locking the thread and ruining fun for all of us.

I think to show respect that we’ll leave it here, the next reply sould be an entry to stop adding fuel to this fire.

1 Like

That’s absolutely not my point about the name. Not the meaning, but the community story behind it. The meaning
 eh, I’ve seen many dry jokes around here :stuck_out_tongue:

(also how could I forget, I’m not a native English speaker either)

1 Like

You’re still blaming the victim. You should be calling on the mob to desist, not saying “change your name to appease the unruly mob, then you’ll be fine”.

No-one asked you to like the car, nor does anyone else have to like it, so stop making strawmen and either call out the bullying behaviour as unacceptable or just don’t post at all. I like the car, which is seperate from my disgust at the bullies, but I don’t care if you hate the car, just be civil!

This right here. Mako is clearly not an English Native speaker so stop ragging on them, especially when everyone’s been asked not to. I truly wish that “the Clarkson hair” would make an appearance. This bullying shit is what he’s supposed to stop. Warn and suspend the bullies then maybe this bullshit won’t happen anymore.

2 Likes

This is about a car intentionally named the farty. I get not wanting bullying, but come on! This is clearly not a language barrier issue. For reference, just the other day Jenn posted a car intentionally named the farty Ass.

4 Likes

2021 Voltari SpÄr RS-Line 3.2T AWD

Introducing the all-new 2021 Voltari SpÄr, our newest entry into the competitive mid-sized crossover segment. Riding on our all-new MLRevo platform, made from high-strength steel and aluminum to provide exceptional rigidity and weight savings. The model showcased here is the RS-Line, derived from the Prestige trim level, and it has an MSRP of $57,400. This example is painted in Advanced Blue, with a Teutonic Grey roof, and has 20-inch "RS-Design" wheels.

In terms of powertrain, you receive our 3.2L turbocharged and direct-injected inline-6, reworked for 2021 to produce 365 horsepower and 352lb-ft of torque. It’s mated to our in-house developed 8-speed automatic, and the newest version of our all-wheel drive system. This renders it capable of 0-60 in 5.9 seconds, and a top speed of 155 miles per hour.

The RS-Line also adds our adaptive air suspension system, with 5 modes (Comfort, Dynamic, Sport, Snow and Individual), providing a compliant and controllable experience no matter the road.

The interior of the SpÄr is like no other, with a new 13 inch OLED Active Information Display with 5 modes, and an all-new 17 inch OLED center display, that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, as well as live integration with Google Maps for real-time route planning via navigation.

The interior is finished in Cumulus Grey and Onyx Black DynaTex, with heated and ventilated front seats with 16-way adjustment for prime comfort, and you also receive a 3 zone climate control system, HomeLink, an advanced 12-speaker Bang and Olufsen surround audio system, and available 4G LTE. Passengers aren’t left out of the equation either, with heated and ventilated rear outboard seats with 6-way adjustment, and dual 10-inch entertainment displays.

The exterior of the SpÄr is far from left out of the equation when it comes to tech, featuring full-LED head and taillights, our Proximity Access System, dual electrochromic sunroofs, heated and power-folding side mirrors, Dynamic Approach Illumination, and soft-close doors.

All SpĂ„r models also receive Voltari’s Active Safety Suite, combining Lane Drift Alert with Centering Assist, Front and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Adaptive Cruise Control with GPS Link, Exit Warning and Intelligent Pre-Collision Warning in one system. All SpĂ„r models carry 8 airbags with occupant sensing, protecting the driver and any passengers. Together, this makes the SpĂ„r one of the safest Voltaris to date.

Gallery

logo

© 2020 Voltari Group; all rights reserved.

29 Likes

I do wish to point out that “it has a funny name” and “it is a good car” are not conflicting statements; they are both compliments. “Funny” is a very good thing. It’s something to be proud of, not ashamed of. Hell, one of the world’s most famous and revered books, which has been translated into more languages than any other (save the bible), is Don Quijote; a Mel Brooks style comedy about an old guy that goes crazy.

Now, the creator has shown that they don’t find it funny, and the fact that it makes them unhappy is enough reason not to shitpost about it. But the name makes people happy, is very memorable, and has nothing to do with how the car itself actually performs. Farty can be funny and legitimate at the same time, and there’s nothing wrong with that; I’d argue it’s better than only being legitimate.

4 Likes

Real car companies take the effort to make sure that the name of their cars at least won’t have any negative connotations, sometimes they’ll change up the name of a car for a certain market if they realize that there will be negative connotations in that market.

eg. Mitsubishi Pajero and Toyota MR2.

Knowing that this is CSR, I think words, meaning, and connotations are extremely important when naming your entry. After all first impressions can make or break a deal.

8 Likes

Agreed, though I think Farty’s name is actually an overwhelmingly good first impression.

Not only did that name associate the car with something powerfully good (laughter), it got people talking and thinking about the car while not really being offensive or negative in any way. And once people were looking at it, they were able to see what a good car it was. An overall win for both the car and community (though I want to stress that now that everyone knows the host doesn’t like it, to make fun of it further would still be quite mean).

Alright, I’m coming in here with my moderator hat on.

Yes the whole farty thing is generally a shitpost, however, this is a legitimate entry so that part of it isn’t a problem even with the questionable name, so let’s just move on and refrain from derailing the thread once more with shitposting (‘haha farty’ and the like).

@HighOctaneLove while your intentions were good here, the replies to the post were a continuation of the general farty shitposting that went on in the Discord server and not any bullying.

We’re all here to enjoy a good CSR and any judgement on an entry falls on the host alone.

24 Likes