CSR 73 - The Fight For Freedom

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1160411555&searchtext=

:ok_hand:

1 Like

11 Likes

8 Likes

19 Likes

Might get instabinned for this, but…

I am sorry you feel that way my friend. You see my company, ATI makes light transport for the Archanan military (this was in my lore, but I wound up editing it out for the Lore Challenge). We would be willing to sell to you, at cost, the current model; the ATI 4-25, 4th generation, 2.5 liters. Why would we do this? Many of our top engineers, and employees are ethnic Dalluhans; if the Archanan Peoples’ Army has their way, they will likely serve the rest of their lives, doing hard labor in a gulag somewhere. At the same time, if the DLF is successful, it will likely disrupt our economy, forcing us into bread lines.
Here is why we want to work with you. We sell to you, through a mutual friend at the Fruiinian embassy, the ATI 4-25, even the same color as the units that patrol the area. We will include the template to add the mountain camo that the APA uses. That way, even if you are spotted, they will simply think you are another patrol unit. You will tell the folks in Gasmea, it is good car, yes? Then we can sell cars to the west.
About the car? The 4-25 is 4 wheel drive, light transport, can seat 5 (the rear bench doubles as storage chest for weapons, ammo, or whatever else). Has 4 speed stick shift, and is capable of hauling 1 metric tonne of cargo. It has 62 Kw engine with 144 Nm torque. It runs on government issue 80 RON fuel, but takes 24.7 liters per 100 km; thankfully it has 2 110 liter fuel tanks. It costs $7,839, although our friends at the Fruinian embassy, might charge you a finders fee. It is very reliable, but even if it does break, it is made so that a 16 year old with a grade 6 education can completely tear it down and rebuild it in less than an hour.
There might be some people hiding in the cars when they are delivered. Give them the call sign, “Did you remember Grandmother’s apple butter recipe?” If they respond with the counter-sign, “It’s in my front coat pocket.” then do not worry; the Fruinian government has agreed to grant them asylum. If they do not answer with the correct counter-sign, or if they are dead, then we have been discovered and all is lost. I do not have to tell you, my friend, that regardless if you accept this deal or not, nobody must know that we talked.

12 Likes

'86 FAAL Ochlosia Camper facelift

Looking for a versatile, bulletproof vehicle?

Okay not literally “bulletproof”, just incredibly reliable. Yeah, bad choice of words for a light unarmoured vehicle, especially in that context. Erm. ANYWAY.

The FAAL Ochlosia and Ochlosia Camper have both been on sale for ten years now. At the time, the top of the line engine was a 2.2L carburated 236S engine making 101hp. Over the years, the versatile van thingy went through a facelit and several engine changes, notably gaining fuel injection in the process, and many new options, like:
-a 4x4 system, that had nothing to do with FAAL’s famous TETRA™ AWD system (spoiler alert) but rather, was manufactured by a third party
-an optional roof rack
-thicker bumpers on the Gasmean version to satisfy some weird pedestrian safety rule or something

In a decade, the van gained a reputation of being the best use of 4.71m ever manufactured. It being capable of both carrying AND towing more than its own dry weight using only a 1.8L engine in the base version was proof enough. Not to mention, SO MUCH ROOM.

This, however, is the civilian version. Just to drive the point of the FAAL Ochlosia being the most versatile vehicle out there, allow me to present you that project we presented to the French army a few years back… before they scrapped it because they wanted to keep using those ancient Peugeot badged Mercedes G wagens “for another century or two” (sic)

The FAAL C1900

The FAAL C1900 is a toughened up version of the long lasting Gasmean spec Camper. All the important lights are protected, either by mesh like the headlights or small bullbars for the taillights or front blinkers/foglight combo

All the factory options for extra transportation capabilities are included, like the custom roof rack and the trunk mounted spare wheel. Not to mention, of course, the mechanically engageable 4WD system with lockable diffs all around

You will also notice fatter tires all around, especially on the rear where the width has been increased compared to the front tires, which allows the C1900 to carry, as the name suggests, a little less than 1900kg, while towing 1600kg. The van itself weighs about 1400kg, pretty light for a car that can haul that much.

The front cabin comes with two seats, the engine being in the middle. The cargo area?
chrome_2018-05-22_01-42-06
… I mean, technically, you could do whatever you want with it, bench seats, medical cabinet, kitchen, whatever, in a decade, you name it, it’s been done. But this demonstration version comes with a bench seat with space for three, the rest of the cargo area remaining open for equipment.

NOW, the main advantage of this vehicle is its engine. The even longer lasting 236S23. A 2.3L direct acting SOHC inline 6 that had been in production since 1965 and has seen numerous FAAL models, from cars to vans. It had even been turbocharged in two different versions and has seen everything from leaded fuel and carbuators to mechanical fuel injection to multipoint EFI. Not to mention, do you know what twenty one years of production does to reliability? That’s right fellas.

The variant in this particular model is naturally aspirated and produces 100hp which are delivered to the 4WD system with a 4 speed gearbox with a very short first gear that almost acts as a crawler… And it can run on virtually anything, including:

• 80RON fuel
  • ethanol
  • remaining booze from last night
  • your breath after said booze from last night

You get the point. Of course, that and the gearing makes it drink about as much fuel as the early carburated version despite the improvements in fuel feeding: 16.5l/100 (14.3 MPG US). Compromises, I guess.

As for the price? Anything is negociable from 10500$ w/o markups, and you get to free Dalluha with the best use of 4.71m ever manufactured, that still looks like the jovial multi-purpose vehicle that it is!

25 Likes

Damn those FAAL guys… We haven’t finished our design yet, but already they do much better than the SARA ever hoped to do…

That means we’ll have to work overtime to do better… Maybe even :hushed::hushed::hushed: skip the apéritif :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

The guys at the FAAL Plant all gasp in fear.

One of them even stops eating his Fleischnacka entirely.

You hear the sound of a pint shattering on the floor

6 Likes

We can neither confirm nor deny compatibility with MIL-STD-1394.

13 Likes

Price shown in Automation dollars, consult your local dictatorsh… er, I mean fair government for more details in other currencies.

It’s been a while, yes. But between personal projects and the Griffonne debacle, I felt my head wasn’t in place to enjoy Automation. Let’s see if this once I can get more than a laugh over the name and immediate binning afterwards…

9 Likes

DAAG LMW (Leicht Militärwagen)

DAAG LMW

Built by DAAG in 1986 specifically for the Dalluhan Liberation Front, this pickup truck is a modified version of the DAAG LPT (Leicht Pickup-Truck), which started production that same year.

This barebones version of the vehicle features a lower compression ratio engine than the original 2.7l straight-4 engine (VZM27-X) to ensure knocking free engine running with 80 RON gas.

In the exterior, it’s easy to spot what the differences are. It features a larger antenna, more robust tires and wheels, a front grill entirely made of plastic (except for the light covers) and matte black painted front and rear bumpers made out of steel.

The interior is no different story, it features the simplest configuration available for the civil vehicle and no radio, to ensure it’s easy to put in a communication radio.

DAAG’s PURPOSE BUILT VEHICLES DIRECTORY

21 Likes

January 25th, 1986

Jim Franks came into the office early, energised on the success of the previous day. To his suprise, Domingo was already there. “Morning, boss!” Domingo exclaimed. “We just got the offical word down from HQ, our operation has been codenamed PUBCRAWL, and is now on a need-to-know basis only.”

“How need to know are we talking?” Jim asked.

“I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you…” Domingo said wryly.

“Very funny Dom - so, we’re codeword or what?”

“Yeah boss. I just finished the dispatch too…”

WBDCJB PNBPIPBDQY

KSUBNPVG LPO URRI PKKNJTRC DIAJNH BNJOOVJNC JI OQPQSO
PVPDQ ASNQLRN DIOQNSBQDJI

LMWBDPNBPI

“Good call with the low-level cipher, Dom - makes it look less important to anyone who’s listening.” Jim said. “What are we getting for responses from our partners?”

“We got a few so far, the proposals are on your desk for you to review.” Dom said, taking a sip of coffee.

“Alright, I’ll be in the office if you need me.” With that, Jim closed the door to his office and took his jacket off. No sooner than he sat down than his phone rang.

“Franks…” Jim said as he answered the phone.

“James Franks…” the voice began, “my name is Colonel Olaf South, and I have a proposition for you, with regard to PUBCRAWL…”

8 Likes

Olaf South… :joy: :joy: :rofl:

Well, good that I know at least some decoding practices. Always used to like puzzles.

I don’t think I’ll compete because of lack of time, but here’s some hints from an export control lawyer (albeit in dual use items / EAR):

While the US ITAR is more strict on what a military vehicle is, any export or import control based on the common EU Military List, will control a broad spectrum of items:

The most useful control notes for this challenge might be the following (from EU ML.6.):

Note 2: Modification of a ground vehicle for military use specified by ML6.a. entails a structural, electrical or mechanical change involving one or more components that are specially designed for military use. Such components include:

a. Pneumatic tyre casings of a kind specially designed to be bullet-proof;
b. Armoured protection of vital parts (e.g. fuel tanks or vehicle cabs);
c. Special reinforcements or mountings for weapons;
d. Black-out lighting.

Note 3: ML6 does not apply to civil vehicles designed or modified for transporting money or valuables.

4 Likes

Memos from the SARA found in the CEO’s shredder by the Gasmea Central Intelligence Directorate…

4 Likes

11 Likes

1986 Bogliq Cargostar Nomad

When the going gets tough, the Nomad gets going!

Developed from the Bogliq USA Fruinia to Dalluha racing program, the Cargostar Nomad is a tough, no compromise, work truck that isn’t afraid of hard work or rough terrain.

Need to carry a lot of heavy stuff? The Nomad can carry a full two tonnes of whatever you have to haul.

Need to tow a heavy load? The Nomad can tow a two tonne payload without breaking a sweat.

Need to drive over plants and birds and rocks and things? The Nomad is a heavy-duty 4x4 that can go anywhere, anytime.

Don’t have access to quality refined fuel? The Nomad runs on any flammable liquid rated at 80RON equivalent.

And the price? Shipped, landed and ready to deliver anywhere in Archana, a Nomad will cost you only $4,785 (1986 US Dollars) Driveaway and servicing won’t hurt your pocket either, costing $229 (1986 US Dollars) for a full year of operation!

Interested?

Visit your local Archanan Bogliq dealer today, or, if you need more than one Nomad, contact our Archana Wholesale Depot directly to arrange shipment wherever in Archana you need them.

Buy better, buy Bogliq

15 Likes

Is it a race truck, or a revolution?

Lagerfelter Performance Engineering presents the Issigonis. Originally developed as a spec class in conjunction with SCORE and a certain off-road console racing game, the series featured 12 qualifying stadium races and culminated in a 100 mile section of the Baja desert race. The initial entrants all qualified via an online console championship, many had never driven a real race car.

Thus the Issigonis features easily accessible performance and simple, sturdy construction.  An advanced 3 speed auto shuffles power to all four wheels with manually lockable diffs.  Knobby tires scrabble around the skidpad at .84g, belying a 15.3” ride height and rather ridiculous 10.2d roll angle (television drama!).  A sealed 1600cc 4 cylinder spec engine keeps fuel and running costs low, while providing enough speed to make good entertainment.

The Rebel trim specifically features a (somewhat) milder cam, lower compression, and fuel injection. 1 ton load capacity, 1298 lbs towing capacity, 1742 lb curb weight.  An 85 mph top speed and true off-road racing roots will make this thing the scourge of convoys and other soft targets, easily able to disappear before air support arrives.  Its compact size conveys numerous advantages of both economy and escape. Seating for two plus 1577L of “cargo” space means one chassis can be outfitted for a variety of roles once imported.  The only limitation is your imagination.  And, of course, your checkbook.  $6908 as shown.

The Issigonis Rebel race truck. It’s a revolution!

7 Likes

Rapido Motors Skipper DS

Brand new Skipper for 1986, is a Big Boy Truck now!
Dirt Special package for off-road.

Has off-road tires and suspension with legendary RWD power.
Same 3500HD V8 engine with 95hp, but tuned for crappy fuels.
Uses Brand New Electronic Fuel Injection!
More reliable than ever before!

Interior has cloth seats and a cassette player!
New Power Steering!

Great for roads overrun with grass!

Tis good truck, new big truck!
Take you anywhere for cheap!
Only $9,755 AMUs (0% markup)

Rapido Motors, rapidly getting you from point A to point B.

11 Likes