CSR 88 - ''Back to The Future'' (FINAL RESULTS PUBLISHED!)

Thanks to @GROOV3ST3R and @Marcus_gt500 for this round, thematically it was great! Congrats to the winner and other top placers, there was some amazingly creative entries this round.

I spent most of my time on the visuals for the Fourier Transform, and that’s obviously what let me down in the end. I really struggled to get the car to meet all the required specs, let alone excel. I’m still happy getting into the finals though :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks for this round! I knew the setting was awesome and it really rolled after the guidelines were set. Great dedication on the reviews, too! It was really cool and immersive :sunglasses:

Congrats NiuYorqCiti for the victory! And all on their designs, there were some seriously cool things in this challenge! I’ll share my entry when I’m back home from work, I think it has things going for it, and things someone much more knowledgeable about the technical setup might even be able to fix.

As for hosting duty, I am actually baffled and honored that I’m next in line. I’d prefer someone with maybe more spare time to go for that, but I’ve been thinking about what I would do for the next round, and got a nice theme and brief in mind! I’ll post it in 9 hours or less unless Xepy or Masterdoggo beat me to it :wink:

1 Like

Honestly, thats a great point. The only reason why I left it so open ended was because of the Not–Datsun body was only available in 1960. If not for that, Id probably have limited it to between 75-85. Its something to consider for another time.

Running a csr is pretty damn demanding, as it turns out. Hats off to anyone who can pull it off on their own and in a timely manner.

Should there be confusion as to who the next host will be, I’d be happy to provide an extended leaderboard for troubleshoting.

Thanks for all the kind comments guys! We really appreciate it. We are glad you enjoyed this round and that we were able to turn it around at the end. Like I said before, if anyone wants more detailed feedback about their subs (and how they compared), let me know by pm and ill help you out!

So… best of luck @4LGE! I’m sure you can do it. If there is any advice I could give, it would be to write reviews as the cars come in. :wink: that kind of tripped me up a bit.

3 Likes

Pretty sure I could, now that I realise that I have a few holidays next week! I was just a bit reluctant because I have hosted a round long before, and also know that it can turn stressful, especially if one doesn’t keep that advice you mentioned in mind. I didn’t back then since I was sure I could review every car along with a detailed story all on a single day, then finish off on the other, which turned out to be a bit of a wrong estimate :sweat_smile:
But stuff is learnt, and I have something in mind that is close to home for me: Are we going back to the 80’s? Not quite, but the number of that round will be a relevant year within the challenge I had in mind :wink:

Here’s the car, for everyone interested in making it better or worse or find out how the hell I pulled off these wheel well covers XD
CSR88 - 4LGE - TAORE ARUMINA5000.car (51.6 KB)

Here’s the new Round, BTW!

4 Likes

Thanks for having patience with us, guys. We wanted to make this theme on a competition for long, and also solve something that particulary bugs me, that on previous CSRs all entries were versions of the same body, with a wildcard here and there. This round was beautifull, vans, sedans, coupes, even a vacuum cleaner, all styled on our favorite style! Congratulations to all that entered for your efforts on making our dream car world come true for a week. Also, @GROOV3ST3R is the one to credit here, he wrote the story, made the tech reviews and spend much more hours than me on this! Also, @goblin95, your car was my favorite. Sure I have a soft spot for rear engineered cars and their unique driving characteristics, but still. Also, thanks to all that posted their inspiration songs, they greatly increased my library on the theme. I hope the expericence adquired here have a place on the mind of the next CSR holders, specially our effont on bringing more variety.

Cheers folks!

PS: Also really cool ads, congrats!

6 Likes

Hey guys, I’ve added the songs you shared here to the playlist. It will be kept up. Here’s the link again. Have fun.

3 Likes