CSR 88 - ''Back to The Future'' (FINAL RESULTS PUBLISHED!)

I know, I was using the old Corvette body
The 3000GT body will work fine tho :grin:

1 Like

A K A N E - KE10

The Akane Automobile Company takes its name from the founders’ favorite decorative tree. These roots have always been with the company witch always strives to integrate natural elements in its automobiles.

Even in 2048 when synthetic trees are the norm and real ones are almost a thing for the history data banks in the middle of the Akane factory there is a protected interior garden filled with plants and secular trees. It has been there since the founding of the company and it is their most prized asset.

In order to not waste and treat with the utmost respect this dwindling natural resource when ever a tree needs to be cut down due to disease or natural death all of it lives on integrated into a limited run series of cars.

Introducing the KE, an exclusive series of ten bespoke vehicles, created in honor of the latest secular tree that needed to be cut down. It features all the latest technology but also the integration of natural hand finished wood in its interior. The exterior styling also pays tribute to its natural heritage, each light tree design on the hood is hand installed and unique to each of the cars.

Credits:
Design // story // presentation: OME
Engineering // technical design // tuning : BEN COOK

22 Likes

I wonder if someone managed to make a 400km/h car. I thought I was getting somewhere to this goal, but nah, 700hp are so far not enough for that while still maintaining a reasonable tune :sweat_smile:
And there’s still a bit to fiddle with the styling, but I think I’ve got something interesting going for it (Which needed much improvising, should become a fixture request of its own!)
We’ve got 11 hours still, right?

Mine has a top speed of 257 KM/H :joy::joy:

Yeah there is still plenty of time. It’s ticking away though, slowly but surely.

There are some pretty fast (even downright ridiculous cars) - I won’t say much though I don’t believe anyone got anywhere close to 400 so far. I will be mighty impressed if you do manage to get 400ish kph with the prescribed fuel consumption.

I really need to get cracking today and make a spreadsheet for all the tech data. Calc isn’t cooperating though… gonna be a long day.

1 Like

As you may know, FujiMotors’ plan to abandon the combustion engine by 2050 is under way, but before we say goodbye for the final time, we felt the need to give it a grand send-off. The plan? This, the 90-48. Harkening back to the days before a prius touched the pavement. When Tesla was a brilliant scientist from the early 20th century. When gas engines reigned supreme. 1990.

From the front, you can see the four retro pop-up headlights, two small air intakes between the headlights and above the splitter, small indicator lights at the end of the splitter, and 6 huge vents on the carbon fiber hood. If you look hard enough, you can see the tiny carbon fiber headlight washers just below the lights.

Take a closer look at that hillclimb-inspired splitter, and you’ll see 2 separate lips for extra downforce while remaining discrete.

Get around to the back, and you can see a huge rear diffuser, 12 exhaust pipes, (one for each cylinder, of course,) carbon fiber wing hand crafted to suck in air and keep you glued to the ground, advanced LED taillights, and government enforced liscense-code.

Take a closer look at those taillights, and you might notice a rear-view camera discreetly placed in the center, being functional and a design element.

On the roof of the car, you’ll find a carbon fiber intake for the air-conditioner and the standard roof-mounted fuel filler cap fit for any conventional Overhead-Fuel-Facility (OFF)… if you can find one.

But you shouldn’t just judge a book by it’s cover, and what lies inside this carbon fiber cover, 245mm all-around tires, multilink rear suspension, and double wishbone front suspension, is a 1.8L twin-turbocharged V12, standing as a middle-finger to the rest of society as the last gem of it’s kind. This lightweight gem makes 333 combustion-created horsepower and spins up to 10,000 RPM. The power of 12 cylinders goes through a 7-speed DCT to the front and rear wheels, allowing for 0-60 in 4.8 seconds and 162 MPH. And, because of it’s light 3500 lbs. weight, geared center differential, and high downforce, this car can corner at an incredible 1.16 g’s.

Be part of the last defiant “fuck you” of the gas-powered engine and get your 90-48 for $69,951

Disclaimer: The game says 0-60 is 4.8, but I’ve tested 3.8

6 Likes

2048 Epoch - Fourier Transform

Featuring Epoch’s all-new revolutionary powerplant, the IonDrive Alpha. Our engineers have taken the deciphered mathematics contained within Artefact APK-7143B (discovered two years ago upon Ceres within our asteroid belt), and have finally matured our patented non-Euclidean generator to a production level. The IonDrive Alpha is the first of its type, and with Epoch’s Fourier Transform, you’ll make a name for yourself!

15 Likes

9 Likes

@OME
@Chickenbiscuit

Don’t forget to send us your cars!

We’re ranking submissions. That will be a close one, at least design wise! Keep’em coming!

1 Like

i was happy about my car, then i saw the others

That is a seriously cool looking car.

i may have to update my cars exterior as well so i can be upto par.

that front remember me of diana from league of legends

Cyberpunk themes is not my strong suit, but I tried anyway.
There are lots of designs that far exceed and surpass mine, so great job to all you participants!

It may have been smarter for me to use colored bumpers rather than chrome, but oh well.

1 Like

thanks brother!

Updated the cars look it seemed to have been missing something for me and im pming the car over

6 Likes

@Marcus_gt500 @GROOV3ST3R Are you planning to post the results in how long?

Sometime tomorrow evening most likely. There will be a crap ton of work for both of us and I’ve been working all week with hardly any time at all for the game. So will take a short while but I’m motivated to get it all out of the way before the end of this weekend. Can’t afford for it to drag into next week as I’ll have no time again.

Subs are still open and will be for another hour.

5 Likes

LESS THAN HALF AN HOUR LEFT TO GET YOUR SUBS IN!