CSR 89 - "Cheri Cheri Lady" (RESULTS)

1991 economic, reliable, and stylish convertible?

celica time

3 Likes

The Brief is now updated with adjusted Regulations according to your feedback! Also made it slightly cleaner and clearer.
I opened up the option to use any other body, even though from more research, I found out that soft tops were definitely flavour of the era for this time and budget on convertibles.
More flavour text shall follow!

Oh, and @GROOV3ST3R Basically anything goes, the market is free and accessible even for the odd US import, as long as reasonable for European roads! Doesn’t mean she wouldn’t accept an update of an old east bloc model, on the other hand :wink:

4 Likes

On request of the nice Lady AlbulaMotors went and brougt back the snow white Riavera Cabrio. It’s fairly small Enginebay contains a capable 1.5l engine revving up the staggering 7700rpm redline and taking her around the Testtrack in less than 2 minutes 40.

Never the less the car still is only sipping on the Gastank. Thanks to EFI and 3-Way Catalytic converters it is also very environmentaly friendly.

In its Siluette you coud imagine that it offers space vor up to 3 People 2 in the Front and 3 1/3 of a person in the back, rouining the Power to weight ratio.
The back also reassebmles the Italian carefreeness and the fully galvaniced chassis will keep it that way.

here’s a Closer Look to the Grille combined with the Ronal N/A Rims.
As with all the nice things, they’re eighter illegal or come with a hefty Pricetag, that applies also to the Riavera Cabrio and hits at about 8981 DM having a +10% margin as all Swiss things are more expensive for no good reason.

4 Likes

I’d recommend using the “edit” (pencil button) function to edit your post instead of adding another reply.

As long as the edit function is available. But welcome, Regenfrosch!

There’s still time left until entries are opened, but it’s awesome you came up with a design already :slight_smile:

hmm can the kids sit on her lap? cause the MR is too small

Yea I cant submit it later on as i wont have a computer until
Wednesday. If the car somehow disqualifies im fine with that.

Am I safe to assume that you made an accidental omission, and having 2 full rear seats is also OK?

Thanks for reminding me, machalel and @CC9020, as I noticed that the seating is a matter I have not elaborated enough on in the brief, so I’ll add why she even wants the practicality of a rear seat row in a convertible of all things!

But I can say, 2 full rear seats were an option which I then decided against for the sake of variety, realism and to get me a more linear behavior, because the 2 full seat are actually quite, well, too optimal :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Could she possibly put her large items in the frunk or on the rear-rear parcel shelf? Also known as the hood?

Alright, you tempt me! And I gave in, worked in a way how it can be made possible to use a body that doesn’t feature a rear seating space. This will also much extend the range of options, so it’s also better for the sake of variety, too!

I consider the design brief settled now! Check out the first post and build away :smiley:

1 Like

I kind of have an issue with banning 2 full seats in the rear, as that effectively bans realistic designs. Convertibles based on cars with a rear bench seat (like the VW Cabrio and Audi Cabrio) typically have the middle seat removed as the rear seating area is narrowed to fit the roof mechanism on both sides.

The 2 seats in Automation isn’t specifically two separate bucket seats, but rather two regular sized seats (unlike the scale model of seats that +2 basically is).

10 Likes

And I guess I need more than 67% comfort. Bah.

Edit: also pretty please allow 160 kg engines please, I can ALMOST do a great thing

1 Like

Aww… I’ve just put 2/2 seats already…

Really? Cause I did something pretty damn good with only 124kg. :grin:

2 Likes

Banning 2 full rear seats is kinda odd and unrealistic. As @thecarlover said, this arrangement is more apt than a full +3 seat, and reflects having regular sized seats in the back.

E.g. Toyota Celica convertable:
90s model

80s model

6 Likes

So, 4LGE’s argument for the rear seating arrangement is to be able to put packages in there, presumably long and flat, w/o falling off. Showing the Celica seats with the big-ass hump the isn’t the best representation, cause a long package wouldn’t seat ight on that. Want a 2 seat rear that is flat and good for packages?

BEHOLD, THE GEO STORM!!!

full-1993-Geo-Storm_4936_7

5 Likes

I’m trying to go for ballast here, I want 10 extra kg in the back for them lap times bro

1 Like

So no full rear seats then? Seems odd, really, but just want conformation that this is the case.

Slow down for a while and feel the open air in your brand-new Generica

Introducing the 1991 Econobox Generica, now available as a cabriolet! Our new economy hatchback incorporates sporty looks with economy and practicality thanks to it’s brand-new 1.5L DOHC Inline 4! (It’s 2v I promise I didn’t make it o.p. :slight_smile:) This powerplant incorporates many new technologies, like low-friction pistons, variable valve timing, and more! All this allows for 75 HP at a growly 6500 RPM and 83 lb-ft of torque available at only 2800 RPM! It’s also light, thanks to an aluminum cylinder head, and the car overall only weighs 2100 lbs, meaning the peppy little I4 can make the most of what it has mated to a 5-speed manual. Thanks to this low weight, it can also zip around little forest roads while being comfortable yet composed. And it sips fuel while you do, it gets an average of 37 MPG, and at a 55 MPH cruise it can even manage 49 MPG! This whole package is available for only $8500!!

4 Likes