CSR106 - Late Night Hours

5 Likes

Itatchi%20Kiela%20(2)

More Pictues

Never participated in a CSR cause I didnt know there was any after 103

5 Likes

sᴏʀʀʏ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴅ ɪs ᴀᴛʀᴏᴄɪᴏᴜs ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜɪs ɪs ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴇғғᴏʀᴛ ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜᴇʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴜᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ɪᴛ.

ɴᴏ, ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʏʟɪɴɢ ɪs ᴀʙsᴏʟᴜᴛᴇʟʏ ɴᴏᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʀᴇᴍᴏᴛᴇʟʏ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴍᴍᴀ ɴᴀʀᴡʜᴀʟ, ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀsᴋ?

ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏ sɪʀ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʏᴅ 1.5 ᴇɪᴛʜᴇʀ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ.

(ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴍʏ ᴅʀɪғᴛ :wink:)

23 Likes

The New 2018 Veldora Doragon

Thanks to @GetWrekt01 for making the ad!

13 Likes

Thanks to @NormanVauxhall for this collaboration.

26 Likes

Introducing the 2018 Pendleton Sunrise, offering best-in-class safety and comfort in a package that can take you anywhere!

Presented in Pacific Skye blue with DexiCoat™* Cream and Charcoal accents.

*DexiCoat™ is a high-durability paint placed on key areas of the body to avoid common wear and provide easier-to-clean surfaces.

6 Likes

1 hour untill submissions close!

6 Likes

Wrong challenge maybe?
Since 4WD instead AWD and an 11.1L?
Or I got your ad wrong.

That’s a nice UAZ, but I think she was looking for a Civic. A little more motor and I would drive it though. About 3L of V6 would fit nicely in another CSR.

Submissions are now closed.

7 Likes

Looks like you two don’t know or forgot about SOFA too :3

Can’t say I’m familiar. Meme?

1 Like

It was quite an old meme, started from Kee Engine era, and was even prominent in 2018. I found it out a few days ago. Just search SOFA on the forum

1 Like

Back when I hosted CSR74, I was unfortunate enough to receive a SOFA - and a badly modified one at that. Then I remembered that it was actually a newer trim of a submission for CSR71 - in both cases it earned scathing reviews (for doing absolutely everything wrong) and was not considered at all for the next round of cuts. My verdict on it went as follows:

It deserved to finish last in the subjective rankings, even though it wasn’t the slowest car in the field back then.

5 Likes

Don’t forget that racing tread where the sofa was dominating…

1 Like

Prelims Part One

Kwong has started to looking for hers new car. She is taking a look at one of the most popular car magazines in her area.

ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠᶦⁿᵃˡˢ ˢʰᵉ ʷᶦˡˡ ᵇᵉ ˡᵒᵒᵏᶦⁿᵍ ᵃᵗ ᵉᵃᶜʰ ᶜᵃʳ ᵐᵒʳᵉ ᶦⁿᵗᵒ ᵈᵉᵗᵃᶦˡ ᵒⁿ ᵛᵉʳʸ ᵖᵒᵖᵘˡᵃʳ ᵒⁿˡᶦⁿᵉ ᶜᵃʳ ˢᶦᵗᵉˢ. ᴵᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵗᶦᵐᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃʳᵉ ʷᶦˡˡᶦⁿᵍ ᵗᵒ ᵐᵃᵏᵉ ᵃ ᶜᵒᵛᵉʳ ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᶜᵃʳ ˢᶦᵗᵉ ᴵ ʷᶦˡˡ ᵇᵉ ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ ᵗʰᵃⁿᵏᶠᵘˡ.

Straight to binn:
@Vena.Sera423 - FWM kei-Sport GS - Not comfortable enough -

Engine is this cars strong point. It doesn´t make huge number of hp but it makes a lot of torques. It is fairly well optimised. Low profile tyres give it a nice and lively handeling but they also decrease comfort level as does the suspension tune. The back is too soft and the front is on the limit of becoming too harsh. Brakes are good and are able to stop the car in short distance. The car could do with being a tad more safer. The details give the car a realistic vibe even if the car isn´t the most visually apppealing. However comfort levels are juts too low to pass

@Fayeding_Spray - String Eurasia 2.5T6 - Not sporty enough -

Engine is good more hp from it could be extracted but overall it is solid. Turbo could use smaller turbine and compressor to make it more efficient. The safety is very good. The weakpoint of this car are brakes. Yep. the stuff that is here to make the car stop does not work. Stopping distance of 41 meters is fine at best but the fade is 20% on sport and that is bad. Hydronumatic suspension is expensive not really reliabile and heavy. Cheaper suspension components and better brakes would improve the product dramaticly. To conclude the car is okay but the brakes are a huge let down. It is running on hard tyres. Sport score is too low.

@mcp928 - Jeroba sport wagon - Not comfortable enough -

Sorry but the lack of comfort is a huge No. Styling isn´t the best and the colours are all over the place. However tune of the engine is good a lot of power from that little engine. Suspension is good and the tune but the comfort and drivabilaty together are just too low. Sorry (Solid axle was to blame)

@Darkshade-AP_Autos - Space Aira - Not sporty enough -

Engine peak power is on the maxium revs - a sign of badly tuned engine. Turbo is laggy. it finally kicks in at 2900 RPM which sounds like a year and a half. R.O.N isn´t fully used. Engine isn´t really great. Brakes dont´t work at all. Juts tooo much fade and stopping ditance of 46.9m is juts unacceptabile. Interior is premium and infotaiment is premium SatNav but -4 qualiti?!?!?!?!?. That is a totaly messed up car. And it is really expensive. Suspension tune is really bad. The rear never catches up with the front. Reedeming feauture? A lot of power I guess.

@thecarlover - NCP Polar 4-street - Not sporty enough -

Engine is good and big not efficient at all. Bad mpg. Also sportiness is too low. Brakes arent the most powerfull. 44.1m of stopping distance is’t great at all. Interior is premium and safety advance. Suspension tune is allwright. Sportiness is too low. as is the mpg and comfort. And for carrying stuff estate or CUV do a job as well or even better than this.

??? - Preator LE - Not sporty enough -

This car can’t go through. Drum brakes??? all around!!! WTH on a 2018 car with 250hp. Nope sorry but that is a binn. Engine tune isn’t the best. Suspension tune is okay. Interior is premium/premium and safety is standard.

@Mikonp7 - Neko MX-5 Targa -

Not comfortable enough - Engine tune is great. brake are good too. Technically is it very good. BUT. High running costs. realtivly low mpg and low comfort let it down. Safety is also on a low side, and there is no space to store your shopping

@nerd - XSofa 1100 - It is a meme car.

More detailed notes about your cars are in the sheet that will be posted when this CSR finishes.

For people who got instabinned. I have written down my opinions in the sheet that will be published when the CSR finishes. So your cars will get a fair review as all the others.

@LinkLuke - GMI 321 - Eco Lx

We were really disappointed to learn that 0-100kph took this car 13.1s and 80-120kph 10.4, It is also not really safe scoring only 3 stars in crash test. It is decently cheap to buy at $33,000 but we expect service costs to be high. On plus side it is nice to drive in town but it is underpowered.

Nope next one. I need something that is going to be able to overtake. And I don´t really fancy the design of it.

@Boiled_Steak - Caitou MM30

This car has got amazing performances for its class. Cargo volume is okay you won´t be able to fit more than 5 bags in it, but we dont see that as a problem. It is comfortable at speed but around the city is feels big. On the backroads it will put a smile on your face. However for that performance you have to pay. Model that we took a look cost 37300, and owners report lower reliability than on average.

I could take a look at this one. I like the design and the performance but reliability…

@cake_ape - Mons Kowloon LX2

This is a very spacious and practical car. It is decently comfortable and there is absolutely no stress involved when driving this car in the city. The Boxer 6 that was fitted to a test car didn´t impressed up. Not much performance and really low mpg. Only 25 mpg. And it running costs are expected to be higher than average for this calss

Not interested. That engine is a real bummer. On the forums they say that while this engine is reliable running costs for it are high and it is´t efficient.

@yangx2 - Jinhe Tiane Au S-line

This is a solid car. Our manager took it for a long business trip and he was impressed by its handeling and safety features. Performance is average for this class. Rear legroom is a bit tight but the boot is huge. Motorway performance is good, but in town it is a bit harder to drive. It isn´t the most practical car. But we forgive it because it is relatively cheap to buy and run.

I like the styling and what it offers for the price. I will take a look at it.

@Bmaggiori - Aeon S LTZ

This car is a strong performer in space for the occupants on board but it has got a small boot. Reliability is lower than average,because of the complicated suspension, but running costs are low. Milege isn´t impressive though. At 29 mpg you will spend more time on gas stations than on road. On motorway it is slow. Overtakes are only for brave.

I don´t fancy it. It is slow, and milege is low. Next one!

@CorsicaUnknown - Kadett Beat 2.4 Xplay

It is really easy to drive in town. It is really practical and one of the most reliable cars in this segment.
On the backroads you will have some fun but not a huge amount, it understeers. Performance on the motorway is good. We would suggest paying extra for an upgraded infotainment, while standard one is good, it just feels sluggish from time to time. It is a real good value for money. We recomend going for the Xplay trim. It starts at $31,000 and running costs are expected to be low.

This one sounds good! I am for sure going to check it out.

@z2bbgr - Meguminshi - GXR 1.6

This is no sports car. 0-100kph in 8.9s is okay but it is slower than most of its rivals. Inner city driving is easy with light steering and good visibility all around. It isn`t the most comfortable nor prestigious. It is decently sporty. Standard safety equipment is good but it is worth getting advance safety(advance safety is not available in Hong Kong region).Mileage of 54mpg is really impressive but you are more likely to get around 45 mpg in real world.

Mileage gives this car a huge plus, but safety features are low quality, and infotainment system isn`t the best. Not really sure about it.

@kobacrashi - AYO NRS The Brucemobile

This is a UTE a one of the first in the Hong Kong. It has got only two seats so you won´t be able to take your boyfriend and your dog on a road trip. We were impressed by how much it offers. However it is expensive to buy. Service costs are high and lack of the rear seats means it isn´t a good daily driver.

Specs look good. But the lack of rear seats means It just doesn´t cut it as a daily driver. Not what I am looking for.

@SpeedLife1 - Retro JIazu GT e2.5

This is just a good average car on paper. Performance is good and it is decently comfortable. But it has got one major flaw. The brakes. They are really bad. Our marketing producer took it for a drive, on the way he had to do an emergency stop. The brakes completely failed him. He almost crashed. If he crashed 5 stars crash rating would do its trick. But lets not find that out

I liked the car until I found out about the brakes. Also mileage is below average. Lets take a look at another one.

@machalel - Epoch M10 Ansom - ePlus

We aren’t the biggest fans of M10. It is slow compared to its competition. It understeers, It isn`t the most comfortable car nor sportiest. This is a good company car. Low service costs, low price and very good mileage make it perfect for a person who needs a car that will take him or her from A to B

I am not looking for A to B car. I need more. If I had my own firm and I was looking for a car for an accountant I would consider it for sure.

@Rezn.TM - Masada Virtue JsX

If you are looking for a minibus but in a sedan form this is a car for you. It is huge inside. This is one of the safest cars on the market. But this is where good things end. The rest is average. Performance isn`t cass leading. It is on part with small hatcbacks that cost half as much as this car. Model tested was $36,700. For the market it is after it isn´t comfortable at all.

Well I am not looking for a minibus and economy is terrible. Only 27mpg! Next one!

@Elizipeazie - Anhulz Mimas CE- XI

This thing really impressed us with its comfy ride and how sporty it actually is considering how comfy it is. Mpg is also great. Inner city use is great. With cameras and sensors all over the car. It is a dream to park. Performance is adequate. Design isn`t for everyone but if you like we would suggest going for it.

It seems as a good car. Shame for the design, not really my cup of tea. But I will try and take a look at it. I hope interior is symmetrical.

@goblin95 - Kasai Noble Sedan

This is a expensive car with high service costs and lowish mpg. But that is okay considering the size the looks, and what it offers. Astonishingly spacious interior, impressive performance numbers and really good brakes. If you have $37,500 to spare, just go ahead and at least take a look at it.

t looks scary… Hm… I could take a look at it. (And try and scare my boss with it)

@HybridTronny - Atera Kinyu

This is not the most practical car ever, but if you want wind in your hair, you know you are going to have to sacrifice practicality for looks. However it isn´t comfortable either. High price and high service costs mixed with low mileage will give you headaches. But high reliability will be used instead of aspirin.

Comfort really bugs me. I could glance over the price and service costs, but not on such low economy. I will skip on this one.

@yurimacs - RetroniX EuniX

This is not the most visually appealing car we have seen. If you go beneath the surface you will found out that this is not the most comfortable car, but that it does have a lot of cabin space. The motorway performance is very good as is the off the line acceleration, which make it really nice on the backroads. Service costs are expected to be really high.

Not sure about this one. It just isn´t comfortable enough.

@Oldenways - Quost Anankea XCoupe S

This is a decent performer. The comfort is good. It is sporty enough for most people. Acceleration is average. Nothing to complain about except 3 things. Boot is very small we managed to pack only 2 suitcases and one duffle bag in it. It is expensive to buy and service costs are above average.

This is a good car, but i found cars that are better than this. The price is steep. Next one!

@Xepy - Kuma AL ACE

This is a big car which means a lot of space. For the size it is really easy to drive in and out of the city. High comfort levels means it just smooths out the bumps. This isn´t really sporty car and because it is a CUV it rolls. Performance is good average. Mileage is good too. It lacks in safety department. It doesn´t have almost any active safety. And it isn´t the cheapest car. But if you want that badge you have to pay for it.

I am not really sure about it…. Nah screw it I will take a look at it.

That is it for today. Part two tomarrow.

19 Likes

Enjoying the write up and story so far. Congratulations to those who made it past round 1.

Objection:

The same car with the 8-speed Advanced automatic (in brochure) and no other changes has a comfort rating of 33.5, price goes to 31,800. I submit that -6 comfort for a manual is subjective, and a flaw with the game. Personally I give a -10 to an automatic (with manual being the baseline). I hate a slushbox, some people are incapable of driving (a manual). Very subjective.

Overall irrelevant, I was binned for other reasons and accept it, just wanted to point that out. And yes, I realize 33.5 aint great, but it’s legal. On an unrelated note I need to hire a style department. Wonder if @MGR_99 is available…?

I hate to break this to you, but I think most of us have the comfort in the 50’s, if not more.

5 Likes

Not a huge revelation really. I didn’t even consider comfort (the number), I just crammed in a premium interior and called it good. I know I’m still out on round 1, just defending the stick shift.

SaveTheManuals

2 Likes