CSR116 - Big Attitude, Small Appetite

2020 Kitanishi SPECTRE Targa

Don’t count Japan out to redefine the supercar game once again!
370hp, 830kg, 2.9s 0-60, ¼ mile in 10.5s while achieving 48MPG; its in the numbers.

5 Likes

Oh, wow, we had the same idea! Our performance is different though. My exporter is broken, hopefully I can fix it in time.

mensa Solution20 SP/rs with the ECO-5 .5C EN4 Turbo

Here at mensa Automotive, we believe that you can have anything almost any class of car offers without the need for ridiculous size or thirst. Based on feedback from previous customers having one of our smallest city cars ever produced, there is some desire for a comfortable, fast car without having to give up the ability to take down city streets or refuel every two-hundred miles. Our answer? The Solution20.

Offering supercar performance without having to give up anything relevant to your daily drive, able to accelerate to 62 miles per hour (100 kilometers per hour) in 3.6 seconds, and handling to out-maneuver a Go-Kart perfect for tacking those narrow Parisian alleys and winding Alpine mountain roads. All while comfortably able to seat two with space for weekend luggage.

All this time, you are achieving a combined consumption of 58 miles per gallon, with emissions compliant to all global limits. The 1.6 liter turbo-charged engine is small enough to incur minute taxation in addition to the frugal mileage, ensuring that it is perfect as a second, third, or tenth car all the same as your only daily driver.

5 Likes

Entry modified for stable.

It seems that turbos are gonna be dominating this CSR, but I’m still going to try and make an NA SCREAMER because NA or nuthin baby!

NA can be viable, if done right. I had a test NA build, but not interested in taking that route. Best of luck to you

1 Like

DAITO RACING DEPARTMENT Carbon Futura

11 Likes

Independents first attempt at a modern (economical) Supercar. The Micronova Flare!

Prices start at a crisp $100k at the dealer (which is rougly 170k for you in Sana Marzio with your “taxes”).
Revolutionary full Luxury HUD display, with the highest tech safety systems known to modern man! As well as our patented “Manulock Diff” to get you out of a tight bind! Kilometers in 25 seconds, whilst still only sipping 5 liters for one hundred of them! Get yours today!

6 Likes

Yinzer Automotive has produced a new 2020 version of its popular HAMMER hypercar, the HAMMER CCXLII, which will join the HAMMER CCCL as a second product for regions under a high fuel cost or engine regulations, or one driven by the other. It is still an incredibly fast and luxurious car that can be driven in the Republic of Sana Marzio for $431,000 less than the CCCL in yearly road taxes, saving an owner millions. In fact, the yearly road taxes fall into a competitive range for any new compliant car, keeping it safe if future regulations are throttled even more severely. The HAMMER CCCL is still the fastest production publicly sold Yinzer ever created, circling the A Testtrack in under two minutes. The CCXLII does not fall far behind, considering the engine is over four liters fewer in displacement.

3 Likes

Just to help everybody along here, based on what I know so far:

• Purchase prices seem to vary from anywhere between just under 90k to over 170k. There may be some who are thinking about sending 200k+ cars but they are outliers.
  • There may or may not be a cluster of people at around the 100k mark and then a long tail of entries that increase in price
  • Many are competing to lower the road tax as far as they can, so there are a number of entries with a sub 2k tax p.a. For the most part the taxes still remain quite low, often in the 3-4k mark. Few entries seem to go much higher than this. For our calculation purposes it is difficult to know just how many years this car is going to be kept but I’m banking on at least 5-7 if not 10
  • Lap times around ATT range from over 2:07 to just under 2 minutes. Suffice to say the more expensive your car is hopefully the faster your car is. There’s no indication thus far on the appropriate balance between performance and price, or, should we say, performance and additional marginal costs, because that’s what really grinds the buyer’s gears

At the crux of it all I had to ask myself “what is a supercar”. The entries I had been playing around with were pretty much trying to make a Lotus Exige faster and more comfortable, which was an exercise in existential pain, and also the whole thing made me think “this is not supercar performance”.

So this is the first CSR round ever that I’m entering an actual Gryphon Gear car. Guess you get to go up against GG before Fite Me 3 even starts, lol.

A question I have for Chips is this: the suspension behaviour is a bit hard to read. Should we aim to just maximise the metrics without thinking too hard about how the car behaves dynamically? And because each body has its own unique “interpretation” of ride height, how much stock do we place in the body roll figure? Frankly a car with the performance I have should have much stiffer suspension but Automation seems to think my balance is optimal.

13 Likes

I feel often times that it’s a “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” thing. If I make the car stiffer I get critisized on that I have warnings about the dampers and low comfort, if I fix the warnings, I end up with a slow, wobbly couch that gets binned for being too soft.

1 Like

That’s pretty much the heart of the game in a way

5 Likes

My initial thought is, you’re building a modern supercar effectively, you should be aiming for stats that you think would be reasonably in keeping with real-life equivalents. Stuff like roll angle, ride height and stiffness aren’t all that important in isolation, especially if your car doesn’t come across as min-maxing and your judged stats come across as being reasonable.

Pretty much this. My interpretation of a Supercar IRL, and Automation is a posh, comfortable car, with performance in a tier just a bit above a Sports car. You don’t want to have spine splitting suspension, but you also don’t want to be driving a boat. I personally feel a roll in the high 2s to low 4s is good for a supercar, but that depends on how big of a car you’ve got and it’s other characteristics.
Hyper/Supercars are (in my opinion) about being able to take it on the road and have people say “Wow, is that an X?”. Then having the performance to back that up.

I’ve made a few test mules by now, and so far the most promising of those is powered by a mid-mounted 2L turbo I4 in the smaller 12C body, with an all-carbon structure and a pre-tax approximate cost of $90K. I’m not yet sure if I can bring myself to submit that one, though.

2 Likes

The 2020 Lynx Genet RS275 in Motorsport green, shown here with the PS450 in Sunspot yellow

18 Likes

2020 Jinhe SRE

sub-300 horsepower l o l e

34 Likes

More Weirdness

17 Likes

Ausud E11.

18 Likes

2020 Mosport Arrow SuperMile

Blending performance and economy, the all new Arrow Supermile is the perfect daily supercar with a fuel economy below 5L/100 km. Starting at $60,100 MSRP.

27 Likes

AYO NR-One

15 Likes