CSR122 - Uncompromised Compromise
The year is 2014. And it is somewhere in the USA.
Alexander Anderson is living well. Happily married to his wife Lisa a few years back, bought his own house, working a well paying desk job in a stable business. Even got himself a sporty luxury coupe to drive as his daily, plenty of power, plenty of speed, while being comfortable and easy to drive. So really, it sounds like he got things all figured out right now.
Well, life doesn’t always stay the same and Alex here, well, he and Lisa will be having a kid pretty soon. And though he was stubborn about it, it was pretty apparent that his sporty luxury coupe was definitely far too impractical for having a family. It had far too little space for all the things he had to carry and it wasn’t exactly ‘family safe’. So, a new vehicle was in order.
Now, the sensible option here was to get a minivan and be done with it. It has space, it has safety. Its literally the vehicle designed for a family. But Alex, he’s not exactly sensible about his vehicle choices. Afterall, life is too short to drive something boring, that’s his line of thinking. Not to mention, he can afford something interesting, something uncompromised. Why get something worse when he can get something that does all he wants. And what he wants, is something that can do it all, something that’s capable in practicality, space, safety and performance…and arguably look good at the same time.
- Trim year: 2014
- Max Engine ET: 170
- Max Trim ET: 175
- Maximum 95 RON.
- Minimum Safety 40
- Max loudness 40
- Must have catalytic converter
- Must have ESC minimum
- Minimum 5 seats
- Soft cost limit of $85000. You can go higher but if its not worth it its not worth it. So it better be worth it.
- Anything goes for body styles but SUVs preferred.
- Styling - Alex is paying a premium for a premium vehicle here, so make it look the part, simple enough. Note that while I’m allowing entries of any vehicle type, a SUV will be preferred.
- Drivability - This will be what he will drive the majority of the time, so he will prefer a vehicle that isn’t difficult to deal with
- Safety - High safety is a must, afterall that is one of the reasons that he’s getting a new vehicle here.
- Comfort - Again, part of what he’s paying for, plus what he’s used to. If anything, he expects this to be more comfortable.
- Practicality and space (Cargo & Passenger) - The primary reason he’s getting a new vehicle. Note that there is a thing as too big to be practical, so try to aim for just right (see vehicle inspiration for what I mean)
- Sportiness and Performance - That’s right, no compromise. This vehicle, while likely to be slower than his other car, must also be quick and handle the part.
Other things that matter but are not a primary priority:
- Cost and running costs: Look, if a car is better for cheaper, Alex will go for the cheaper one. Its just common sense. This includes all running costs, that being fuel economy, service costs and reliability (because breakdowns are costly). That being said, he’s well off and not looking for a dirt cheap car here.
- Prestige: Alex is buying a top trim vehicle here, this does matter a bit
- Offroad and Utility: Its a nice to have for what he’s looking for, so if its good at these that’s all the better.
- Loudness: A less loud vehicle is preferred
- Realism: Obviously limited to an extent, but be realistic about your choices. Somewhat believable yet unrealistic choices will be marked down, but blatantly unrealistic vehicles will be binned and if you get binned for this that’s your problem.
Submission Deadline and Guidline
So I am aware my hosting is in a period where we may get a patch drop. I will be keeping this on stable version however. That means rules may change, and that this may go on hiatus till things are sorted out. If it drops in the middle of submission period, I will allow resubmissions after the rule change.
Otherwise, no ReSubs!
Rules will be finalized April 01 00:00 UTC (unless patch drops)
Tentative submission deadline April 08 00:00 UTC (unless patch drops or otherwise issues occur)
Car and engine model name: CSR122 - FORUM USERNAME
Car trim: Brand, model and variant of car
Engine trim: Engine model/variant