CSR135: "The new city"

DON’T SETTLE FOR LESS!

Settle for this. $12000 will get you an IP Icarus 2000 DX wagon. With an 83 hp 2-litre engine. With a luggage compartment that will swallow all your family’s needs. With four doors and comfortable seating for 5. With a 4 speed transmission, radio, clock, padded dashboard, energy absorbing steering wheel, leatherette trim, seat belts, carpeting on the floor, roof rack, polychromatic paint, colour matched hubcaps, woodgrain decor and much more. So for the best family car value of this year, visit your IP dealer now!

7 Likes

100 points if you can guess what this is (calling those kids from post 2002)

A window winder.

congrats… have a cookie :cookie:

Pretty sure that’s a Plumbus.

It certainly is. Just one question: can we still use 98 RON super leaded?

Looks like a mirror repurposed into an interior part. :wink:

Did not see your power steering comment. The answer is that in this class it would not even have been an option in 1967. The 1969 Volvo 164 was not even available with PS (option 1970, standard 1971), Mercedes W123 did not get it as standard until 1981 etc. and now we are talking a much higher class of cars. My 1988 Ford Sierra, which I guess would be a 20 year newer equivalent to what he is looking for did not have it either, even if you could get it in higher end Sierras.

3 Likes

This is 1967 Ghosn 13 TS.
The badge is a Banjo, I think.
It’s French.
In case you didn’t notice.

5 Likes

1967 MAD Consort

Shown as 1.6 Classic in Racing Green paintwork with 4-speed manual transmission.

As dependable as it is affordable, with prices starting from $12,000 AMU.

2 Likes

@mart1n2005, I know that coupe’s are out but the body I want to use is a 3 door hatchback. Would you allow that if I “create” rear doors with fixtures?

A similar body, with shorter wheelbase, has a wide variety of bodies but the 2.6m only has 2 & 3 door!

All-New 1967 Tiffosì Citta L 1600

Costrutione Tiffosì proudly introduces Citta L in the UK.

Details

All-new for 1967, Citta L offers comfortable, inexpensive transportation in all of its 5 seats. A first for Tiffosì, the all-alloy OHC 3R4-16 straight-4 drives the front wheels, providing traction and a spacious interior. It makes 64 HP, sufficiant for a high speed in excess of 175 kph. Its 4-speed manual transmission with overdrive makes Citta L quick in the city and enjoyable on the motorway. Safe, spacious and reliable, Citta L is now available at Tiffosì agents starting from 12900$.

Tiffosì - la passione della costruzione

1 Like

Elmsley Condor 2400 Marathon

The 2400 Marathon is the top trim of Elmsley’s Condor lineup. It boasts the 2.4 litre i6 engine and 3 speed manual gearbox familiar from the Elmsley Rhea executive model line - albeit in a more economical tune. The formidable dynamics and quality comforts make it the perfect motorway cruiser for a family with refined taste.

4 Likes

I feel like if you do that the stats will be all wrong as the body isn’t designed for 5 doors

2 Likes

3-door wagons were pretty common back then, I think? Does Dave require a minimum of 4 doors?

1967 Bailey Starling 1300DL

Britain’s premier automaker unveils the new small family car, perfect to keep the modern family moving!

The top 1300DL trim comes with an economical 1.3 litre 50hp engine, and comes with a radio as standard and a two-tone paint scheme

7 Likes

The 1967 Alira Stafford from Alira of Europe.

The Stafford 2000 is our premier wagon in Britain. With a premium grade interior, a large, smooth straight six, and a 3 speed automatic, you'll be riding in comfort all year round.

5 Likes

Mons Creed

It will get you there.

Probably.

This is a beach babe

4 Likes

Régal Essex Grand Luxe

This RHD version of the Régal 240 Break, made for the UK market, is ready to tackle as much roundabouts as you can throw at it! This nimble and very practical estate comes with the Minable 1.1 OHV engine developing a whooping 42 bhp with a one barrel carburetor. The Grand Luxe 4-door trim is equipped with premium leather interior, rear sun blinds, flush-folding rear bench seat for a roomy boot, and a standard radio and storage compartments.

The FWD transverse mounted engine is incredibly fuel efficient and is mated with a 4-speed manual, front macpherson suspension and rear trailing arm for extra agility, all on this very strong and reliable monocoque design. At only 136 stones, it remains very light but sturdy. This little quirky french gem can be yours today. You know you want to!

Gallery

Folding bench seat

13 Likes

7 Likes