CSR75: Teaching the new generation

Common sense? And also, feeling the car lose power so you know you’re reaching the redline and it’s time to shift

Makes sense. I’d assume not common sense though because you don’t want to rev the car too much past the power and because it causes unnecessary over-revving unless it’s faster

1 Like

Hey, not bad. I’ll take it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I want to say sorry for the constant issues (missing cars and so) that this half of the first round has ran into before we move on. Bad organization on my end is to blame :sweat:

3 Likes

Well I need to progress on reliability and economy, I though it was good :thinking:
And I don’t really get the point of the active roll-bar, my car roll like a boat.

3 Likes

Round 2: time for boring numbers.

Seeing that he had a list of twelve cars, Francisco decided to short it, cancelling the test drives for the least viable or worse cars. He quickly wrote an Excel spreadsheet and started comparing how much each fleet would cost.

fleetcomparo

The first car to be axed during the comparison was the Hanson Heron 1.8Ti. It had the highest tax horsepower rates of any car from the list, as well as the highest fleet cost. No maneuverability budget wise is pretty much a no-no. The fact that its service costs were high didn’t help, despite being one of the most balanced packages.

The second car to go out of the list was the LSV Cruiser. A small crossover is a good idea for the purpose, if done right. A coupe like interior that only seats four people as well as be quite bare just doesn’t match the sticker price of the fleet, with much nicer, cheaper options in the menu.

The next one to leave the list was the Cavallera Kunai. It was quite close to the Maestro Coda, yet fell behind due to a higher fleet price and a little worse safety, offering a similar proposal otherwise. Sadly so, because it was a car that looked the part for sure.

But the Maestro Coda hadn’t brought that one home yet. Everything it could do was done by the RCM Fox, which was cheaper to purchase and maintain, as well as a tad more reliable and more fuel efficient. Sadly, out of the test drives.

The Coda was quickly followed by the Ardent Wren. Lower safety than the competition, and it also sinned by having worse fuel economy than much more powerful rivals, despite being cheaper to repair and to purchase the fleet as a whole. The looks didn’t help either.

With all of this sorted, Francisco set out to the different dealerships to test drive the cars that made the last cut. After an afternoon of test drives, he wrote his thoughts on each car down and compared them for one last time.

7th place - DoctorNarfy and the Shromet Radiant RC.

HighresScreenshot00437

The Shromet Radiant was all the ingredients Francisco wanted in a car, which could however have gone better. The ride wasn’t uncomfortable and it was forgiving, the Radiant is definitely not a gas guzzler and the full interior + 5 door combo was present, as well as low taxes, the lowest service costs and reasonable fleet purchase price. These, however, were the reasons it had survived a lack of powerband runoff and more-than-what-Francisco-would-like power figures this long. In the end, these were the reasons that got the car.

6th place - Chipskate and the Delta Muso SporT.

HighresScreenshot00439

The Delta Muso Sport was the cheapest fleet in the final candidate list, and a quite forgiving car despite its name as well, with the best fuel economy in this last list. However, once again the car included only four seats, and was, appart from the least safe, the least comfortable from this list. This made the car not too practical, and Francisco decided not to purchase a fleet of these.

5th place - Zschmeez and the Albatross 150 Turbo.

HighresScreenshot00438

Really forgiving car to drive, ideal for amateurs. Sips gas for its size and is quite reliable as well as cheap, safe and affordable to maintain and service. However, it falls short in practicality compared to the others in this list, as well as comfort; the interior includes four full seats, which kind of limits the car when carrying large numbers of pupils to tests and practices. It also had a similar issue as the Shromet in that it had more power than what Francisco would like newcomers to handle, and two overdrive gears which were absolutely excessive.

4th place - UndercoverHardwareman and the Pegasus Getaway 5.

HighresScreenshot00440

The Pegasus Getaway 5 would be a good learner car with some changes. It does have the practicality needed for the job, okay fuel economy, great safety and is forgiving to drive; and to top it all off, the fleet would be purchased for a quite reasonable price. However, should anything break inside this car, it’ll be pricy to replace. No overdrive gear in it either.

3rd place - Thecarlover and the RCM Fox!

HighresScreenshot00441

The RCM Fox was a strong contender. Once again, the interior featured four seats and was adequately comfortable, with good safety and a forgiving character; the five speed manual had an overdrive gear and returned better fuel economy than the Getaway. However, the car was a bit down on power and a fifth seat would’ve been really nice. Some more comfort wouldn’t have hurt either…

2nd place - DoriftoDorito and the Nohda Tansa Revo!

HighresScreenshot00442

The little Tansa had all the right ingredients. Five, seats, good comfort, good safety, and also very amateur friendly car. However what made it fall behind the winner is that it was a bit short on power at 83hp, worse comfort and service costs as well as higher tax horsepower rates. It was also less reliable and the styling was a bit too simplistic to look modern.

1st place - Leonardo9613 and the Baltazar Quark 1.0!

HighresScreenshot00443

There’s a good reason the Quark made it this far. Rather, there are multiple reasons. First of all, it’s in the lowest bracket of tax horsepower, and while its fleet purchase price is not the lowest, it’s completely justified. Not only it brings a full five seat, fairly comfortable interior with a reasonable amount of goodies and good amount of power to go with it at 90hp. Its fuel economy difference with the Tansa is negligible and the Quark makes up for it by being cheaper to service, easier to drive, more comfortable as well as more reliable. All of this is included in a package with good looks, even if it’s not Francisco’s favourite, and five doors to maximize ease of access when more than a pupil needs to enter the car.

By the end of the week, Francisco had sealed the sale with the Baltazar dealership. The new fleet arrived soon after and these cars were seen in the streets of Malaga sporting Torcc liveries. That was one hell of a week for Francisco. He deserved a good rest after all of this.

(OOC: well that was one hell of a challenge to process. It’s going to be a while before I feel like hosting another CSR, if ever again :sweat_smile: )

Now time to determine who hosts the next round…

24 Likes

Finally!

Damn, it had been a while since I had last won.

Thanks to @Mr.Computah for the writing and all other competitors.

Sadly, I’m far too busy with uni work and moving houses to be able to host a CSR round properly.

I hope Smol is up for it!

11 Likes

Yeah I’ll be up for it, still thinking up ideas though.

9 Likes

And he needs a quick trip to a lawyer’s firm, too. I feel all the Mario Karting he’s done will bite him you-know-where with all the pending fines… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Joking aside, this was a fun competition. I like how there wasn’t just one winning recipe, despite the influx of C-segment cars. After all, a Suzuki Jimny-esque SUV nearly clinched the victory!

Congrats go to Leo for winning with a crisp compact, and to Computah for hosting an event with only a few minor mishaps. It was cool delving into the idea of what our perfect learner’s car would be! :+1:

3 Likes