CSR80: Get Britain Moving

3 Likes

It is too heavy. I’ve re used an existing design of mine. Not a solid entry in my honest opinion.

1048 HTA B1400

"It was very successful in germany… So Why it wouldn’t do the same with Great Britain?"

-HTA president

(a B1400 Parked at HTA’s Auto-Conservatory, in Germany)

History:

HTA got founded in 1947 by the german government as an Engine supplier, and a Bike manufacturer. That Until 1948, when they made this Curvy, Ugly, and Basic ecobox. wich turned out to be very successful Because of its cheapness, and reliability.

The Sale success of this car, is the reason why HTA turned into a car manufacturer…

The simpleness of the design was loved by many mechanics.
(And home mechanics aswell), The steel Body Mounted in a steel Ladder frame. Powered by a nice OHV 1400cc Cast-iron inline four cylinder engine.
producing 47HP, and giving a fuel economy of 7.227km/l (17mpg). Not bad for its time!

This little friend can be yours for only $6149!

2 Likes

No Ifs, Ands, or Buts.

1948 Vanquist V2.

7 Likes

So, a quick perusal of Wikipedia, leads me to believe that a majority of British cars were built in the U.K. herself, so it would not be likely that a fine gentleman such as Mr. Houghton would be seen riding in a (lore-friendly) Giusseppe. That being said, I looked around and found the Horace Chapman Co. A maker of coaches for over 50 years, Chapman found sadly, that after the war had ended, his largest customer had decided to make all their bodies, in-house. To keep his business moving forward, Mr. Chapman designed and built the short lived 1500 and the more expensive 2100. Between 1948 and 1950, Chapman had sold about 5,000 examples of the 1500 such as the one shown in the above advertisement, in Norwegian Blue; only about 3,000 examples of the 2100 were sold. The 1500 featured a 1500 cc inline 4 that produced 50 bhp, whereas the 2100 utilized a 2111 cc inline 6 and produced 80 bhp. In 1950, the Horace Chapman Co. would shudder its facilities for good.

Midway through submissions, i can say that some of you did better research than others. and almost all of you took some mildly questionable liberties with certain aspects of the build. reviling nothing till reviews, but be ready for a harsh critique.

Albatross Motors presents, our first entry into the British automotive market, the Albatross 200. This 5-seater family sedan features a 2 liter overhead valve I6, producing 71 horsepower and 102 lb-ft of torque. This new engine also features our new ALBERT (Albatross Lean Burn Emissions Reduction Technology) carburetion system, allowing a combined fuel economy of 23 MPG UK. Coupled with a 3-on-the-tree manual transmission, the Albatross 200 will go from 0-62 in 17.6 seconds, and on to a top speed of 85 mph. You also get luxuries such as leather seats and wooden interior accents, along with independent front suspension tuned with comfort in mind. Prices start at just $6871 AUD. Please see your local Albatross dealer to learn more.

if it is that price, congratulations, you’ve undercut the cheapest car on the market by over £100.

AUD is indeed in 2010 USD, but it’s also adjusted for the time period IIRC, so $7,000 in game in 1948 is not the same as $7,000 in 2010 USD

Well then, time to re-do some currency conversion…

I did an experiment, and set basically the exact same car to 2010 in Automation, and the price comes out at $7233. One change did have to be made, a 3 speed manual was no longer available in 2010, but the price doesn’t change much. So I think my conversion may be valid.

but in 1948, the cheapest car on sale was £300 ish, so £186 for a car would be a steal.

I wouldn’t matter with the exacting numbers, because it does scale in game somewhat wonky.

Shall I just advertise the Automation price and not bother with the unit conversions? Or should I pick something like £399 to sound somewhat reasonable?

for that car, it would be getting towards the £800-1.000 mark. just use AUD to keep it simple

1 Like

1948 - DAAG SZ30

DAAG%20CZ30

DAAG SZ30 shown in the image above.

DAAG SZ30

Built by DAAG from 1948 to 1952 and sold in the UK. It was DAAG’s first time at developing and selling a sedan, and also, the first six cylinder engine ever put into production by the manufacturer.

Thanks to the silky smooth 2.5l I6 w/OHV (SZMA-25E) engine found in it, getting up to speed is effortless. This, combined with a properly tuned suspension and plush interior, makes it one of the most comfortable vehicles in its class.

DETAILED IMAGES

1 Like

Morton Motors presents its first postwar car, the 1948 M20 Classic, powered by a 2-litre inline-six developing 70 horsepower - enough to propel the M20 to a top speed of 90 mph while returning decent economy. Inside you’ll find genuine leather and woodgrain trim, while comfort-tuned suspension provides a smooth ride under any and all road conditions. All this can be yours for just $7090.

Somehow, I read 7,000 instead of 7,200; I went with the 4/50 over the 6/80… oh well.

more variety and lower cost. don’t sweat it :slight_smile:

Boccaccino would be pleased to introduce to you the car for the discerning modern Man, the Julius Giovane. Based upon our class-leading Julius automobile, the Giovane offers a distinguished mode of transport sealed in a package that showcases our passion for perfection within a less than expected price. Powered by an efficient, reliable, and yet powerful 2.4L vee-eight engine, the Boccaccino Julius Giovane will carry you, your family, and your luggage from your home to any destination imaginable.

i can already tell you that car is non compliant. look at the comfort, and look at the rubric.

Stark Automobile presents the all-new Agent B-series. The Agent B170 is powered by a boxer-4 engine outputting 46 hp, allowing the B170 to reach 77.4 mph in a reasonable amount of time, while achieving 25.1 mpg. Inside, the car is equipped with leather seats and wood-grain trims. All available for 6555$ AMD/AMU/AUD.

1948 Greil A’s 2400

A respectable car for respectable men.