CSR81: A Personal Oil Crisis [RESULTS PUBLISHED]

When it comes to fuel economy, as its important yet no minimum is set, just assume that more = better

22 Likes

Welp. Znopresk is here. time to pack it in. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s where you’re wrong buckko.

Did we all collectively forget that pop-up headlights are a thing?

Presenting the 31 MPG Pastinuji (pending @zschmeez approval)

10 Likes

You’re right, Bogliq hasn’t even submitted a car yet. Then we can have our permission to die pack our stuff and go home… :stuck_out_tongue:

And yeah, I did forget about pop-ups. Then again, that tends to strike me more as a sports car choice than family man… Still, if the rules don’t say “no”, it opens a whole new set of choices!

2 Likes

1974 Epoch M10 Maxi A1500 (Lore Link Here)

Because small, cheap, reliable cars don’t have to be boring!

3 Likes

How fast is that thing going?

1 Like

Keika Tour - Featuring an advanced carb system, independant suspension, and a fuel efficient engine.

15 Likes

($7928 in Automation money)
Edit: First time I bothered with a full fledged ad. Not sure how it came out.

5 Likes

i love the way the sheen of the finish seems to drip down from the door handles and side-view mirror. whether that was intentional or just a graphics glitch, it’s got personality to match its tagline! :smile:

Hahahaha I didn’t see that at first! It looks like paint-run or pollution weathering or something :stuck_out_tongue:

For the most part, it’s a nice ad. The main problem I see right away is that the left-most introduction text becomes harder to read, around the area where the highway is. It’s a problem of using dark text on darker areas, it blends too well.

My advice would be keeping the tagline where it is, but move the text to the bottom white box. Unless you’re sure the text colors and background colors don’t clash, it’s best to opt for a more basic setup.

Of course you’d have to resize everything else in the box for the text to fit (and you should, the bottom text is a bit too large), but it’s a small price to pay for easier reading. Take this as an example, if you like;

*Automation price of $6694 with 0% markup
(And yes it’s in black-and-white, but it’s for the era’s sake. And you can still read everything fine!)

3 Likes

Saibou Hajime

It’s got wheels, suspension, and a steering wheel. It costs $6189. It’s a car.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Waiting on rulling from @zschmeez about letting us call pop up headlights round. As we do not have round ones modeled in the game.

To those who remember me from back in the old forums… AMW is back!

4 Likes

You know what, that’s up to you. I can suspend disbelief temporarily and imagine that if the lights were to actually pop up, they would contain round sealed beam headlights.

3 Likes

$6700

2 Likes

I had too much fun looking at old French cars during German occupation, and American trucks built by guys preparing for the apocalypse, not to post this.

1974 Wisconsin Motors Gazogene

How to start the Gazogene:

Step 1: Use the poker on the grille to knock loose any soot in the intake pipe (that’s the small pipe in the center of the grille) and the hopper.

Step 2: Fill the hopper with wood or coal.

Step 3: Turn the switch in the middle of the front to “pre”. This will both switch on the fan (that’s the pipe sticking out of the trunk) and electrically ignite the wood in the hopper. If you wish to skip the warm-up steps, simply get into the car, turn the fuel dial to “gasoline” and turn the key. This will switch the car to gasoline operation (there is a small 5 gallon fuel tank in the rear near the engine) and deactivate the fan. The engine’s vacuum will draw air through the wood. When the hopper temperature gauge climbs into the green, simply switch the fuel dial back to “hopper”. To run without gasoline, follow the remaining steps.

Step 4: After waiting 5 to 10 minutes, turn the switch to “ign”. If the fuel is producing methane, you should see flames shooting out of the fan. If you don’t see flames, repeat in another ten minutes. Warmup time can depend on the quality of fuel being used.

Step 5: Once you have a nice flame shooting out of the fan (it should be blue in the center), you’re ready to go. Just hop in the car and turn the key. Fuel/air mixture is much more forgiving with methane than gasoline, but the dial to the left of the steering column can adjust this if you find it necessary. Low quality fuels tend to produce less gas, richen the mixture if you hear knocking or feel hesitation.

That’s all there is to it! Welcome to freedom from fossil fuels. High quality wood chips should give a range of 75 miles, depending on how hard you drive it. This is surely the future, if Big Oil doesn’t step in and shut us down.

25 Likes