CSR83 - One night in Bangkok [ENTRY IS OVER: Final Results has been published!]

Just checked and god damnit your right!

This just proves that it was a cheap copy of a proper Franklin Marshall. Their quality control systems would have picked that up!!!

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!!!

2 Likes

Judging by those stats it’s not bad in that it generally passes everything and is quite good on the fuel too. It’s just that performance and possibly “wow looks” wise it’s lacking compared to the rest of the competition on the same stats.

In sandbox mode macpherson struts fronts are actually very limiting compared to DW, for comfort, drivability, and sportiness. That’s probably one of the key things that hurt your stats.

2 Likes

bold. very bold, indeed.

1 Like

Mission… accomplished? Whatever, I’ll take it.

Welp. i got instabinned again, I am not surprised. Can someone take a look at my car and see what makes it so bad apart from the shit brakes?

I’ll leave the car files here: CSR83 - VG33E - Illicit Nefek 1.8 Rallye.car (40.2 KB)

I’ll be happy if I at least make the top 15, happy that my cars looks are appreciated.

2 Likes

If anyone wants to see the butchery I had to perform to make a V16 work heres the .car:

CSR83-Flamers - FangWeng - LC25.car (31.1 KB)

1 Like

So I just had a quick look and without changing styling this is what I did:

• Changed to Heavy Duty Forged Conrods
  • Removed all negative quality
  • Lower cam profile
  • Increased compression
  • Changed to single point EFI
  • Changed to standard intake
  • Leaned the fuel mixture out
  • Lowered ignition timing
  • Increased max RPM
  • Changed to tubular exhaust
  • Tweaked the mufflers to stay under 40 noise
  • Increased top speed on gearing
  • Lowered gear spacing
  • Matched front and rear tire sizes
  • Removed front offset
  • Added rear offset
  • Moved brake bias rearwards
  • Added front wing
  • Removed rear wing
  • Set cooling to 50
  • Changed from 3 to 2 rear seats
  • Used Variable Hydraulic power steering

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

(I’m saying its perfect but it might well have scored better :slight_smile:)

CSR82 - VG33E - Flamers - Illicit Nefek 1.8 Rallye.car (40.2 KB)

2 Likes

I’d recommend copying your last post and adding it to the previous one, this helps keep clutter down.

Sure, I’ll have a look at it and PM you my findings.

1 Like

Actually, after the final result, I’ll revised this one as another trim.
Let’s see what I can do for better.

As I’ve revised your car, but forgot the clone engine variants.
Here, please take this one.CSR82 - VG33E - Illicit Nefek 1.8 Rallye - Special Tuned -.car (40.2 KB)

1 Like

I like the reviews so far, good for your first time hosting.

Shame you not look past my boy racer looks to experience the 7k rpms of v6 with limited slip diff. Ladies love acceleration and meme decals(no they really dont).

1 Like

I’m just going to publicly state that z2’s assessment hurt my feels… but i did have -14, yeah, negative fourteen, interior quality. I thought rat-leather would have been a good material. :wink:

1 Like

Sounds like your interior would hurt alot of feelings, and backs, and rear end, neck. Haha

3 Likes

For the record, I wanted to do a CRX, but it wouldn’t morph that way.

“You’re a real piece of shit, Dave.”

“why is my car seat talking and why does it sound like Doug Stanhope?!?!”

2 Likes

Time to do with old tradition of “help me with making my car decently good”.
CSR83 - Yurimacs - GT 000.car (21.0 KB)

To be honest, I prefer the engine to be left alone. Heck, I don’t think I need any extra power just from hearing how it handled.

I know someone know a thing or two of tuning suspensions, gearbox better than me.
Maybe a redesign also works.

To top it off, I want someone to look at it’s successor, the Lagau GT (001), its more expensive brother, and see how different/similar it is from the original GT000 (like if it still handled like shit, power is manageable, etc)
Lagau - GT (001).car (32.5 KB)

Pictures of GT001

1 Like

Here’s something to improve braking and suspension:

CSR83 - Yurimacs - GT 000 LSport.car (19.0 KB)

Changed:

• Whole braking set up, except quality sliders
  • Tyre width, tyre diameter and rim offset
  • ‘Suspension tuning’ section and ride height
  • Small tweak to gear spacing

Of course, many of these things are up to ‘taste’–in my case, I set suspension to evenly balance comfort and sportiness, with enough ride height to give the full load capacity bonus in the Practicality score (I believe this bonus is based on the cargo space and number of seats, so the load cap requirement is lower for sports cars with small cargo space and few seats). Car price rose because the old brakes were wholly inadequate (the brakes had less grip than the wheels), and the increased amount of tyre rubber; you can’t get something for nothing. Comfort dropped slightly because of the choice to make the suspension a bit more sporty and to keep enough load capacity in combination with the ride height.

3 Likes

2nd round: Formulae special: “Street Fighters”

Phongbhan picked the quarterly issued magazine of “Formulae special”, a compilation of requested car to be driven in the test track with more in depth details, especially the performance and safety.

Welcome to our special content, “Street Fighters”, as we have been requested many times, especially budget performance cars.
Out testing will be on Bira Circuit International with our racing drivers, but we do not endorse of any performance testing on the actual road, as it is both illegal and unsafe, not just yourself but also other as well.

@Marcus_gt500 '86 Shimushibu - Focer Moon Chaser

Very renowned car from showing as Johnny Chow’s main car in the movie called “Armour of Doge”, the 1.6 liter with turbocharger producing 155 horsepowers with 178 Nm of torque, transmitted via 5 speed gearbox.
As we tested this car for its performance, you can feel the notorious turbo lag up until the turbo spool, downshifting is a must for calling engine power.
0-100 km/h is clocked at 8.7 seconds due to much of the wheel spins, 80-120 is clocked at 4.68 seconds, thanks to the turbo unit that can accelerated during high boost.
Braking distance from 100-0 is around 40.4 meters, with front lockup.
Handling is much on the understeering side as quite soft on suspension and much of body roll.

@yangx2 '86 Huangdou - SC153RE

A force to be reckon with from recent Macau Circuit race which won the touring car cup, packed with DOHC 16 valves 2.0 liters Natural aspirated engine, producing 153 horsepowers with 179 Nm of torque, also using 5 speed gearbox as well, very typical for today’s car.
The engine itself is meant to be high revving one, with good throttle response and nice torque figure.
0-100 km/h is clocked at 7.39 seconds due to much of the wheel spins, 80-120 is clocked at 4.68 seconds, acceleration from standing is faster than Focer, which is turbocharged car.
Braking distance from 100-0 is around 35.2 meters, with solid and firm braking feel, you can out brake many cars in any situation without losing you confidence at all.
Handling is tail happy, you can push the tailend slide by only pressing the gas pedal, but this is controllable and very fun car to play in the corner.

@th3maldonado '86 Bramhall - Viva (III B) Si

Now it’s our turn for this handsome hatchback, many fans are calling as “the fearsome rival to Huangdou’s car”, power comes from 2.0 liters DOHC 16 valves.
The engine itself is peppy, quick throttle response, but its power figure is outmatched by Huangdou’s, as this produce only 129 horsepowers with 170 Nm of torque.
Driving this car can be a little bit tricky, as using lightened flywheel for quick throttle response, but less spectacular performance, as 0-100 km/h clocked in 8.82, 80-120 km/h is clocked at 6.48 from having less power.
Braking distance from 100-0 is around 37.5 meters, with firm braking feel and good stopping power.
Handling wise is on a bit soft side, this is better in terms of ride comfort.
Overall, we’re afraid to tell you that this fearsome rival is still outmatched and outrun by Huangdou’s SC-153RE.

@elmenduko '85 Vermin - Musasabi CS

After what happened in Corsica back in May, many high tech rally cars for group B competition were in dire state, especially in competition markets. But Vermin has the solution of selling Group B technology, selling in grassroot motorsports with much more affordable price by any means, this is the result of Musasabi CS.
The engine comes from detuned inline 5 with turbocharger from much higher asking price one, but producing very interesting power figures, 183 horsepowers with 283 Nm of torque. There’s still noticeable turbo lag, better shift down for better performance.
Performance wise, this car can push to 200 km/h without hesitation, acceleration from 0-100 km/h can be done within 6.78 seconds, 80-120 km/h at 4.76 seconds.
Braking from 100-0 can be done within 39.8 with very powerful brake system, you can lock the wheel quite easy.
But, all performance you’ve seen comes with steep price, as having very dated and spartan safety features, resulted from extreme weight reduction, also from very complex AWD drivetrain system, which need special mechanic for your maintenance.
This also very “notorious C.R.H” from the safety record, we’d suggest installing better safety equipments in this car, even not for the race track.

@SeriousSimon '86 Romanov Drakon

Apart from very easy car to drive, this car is also quite a performer as well despite its peculiar looks, compared to the others. Also this car’s asking price is lower than $8000.
Power is from reliable SOHC 16 valves producing 134.6 horsepowers with 183 Nm of torque, also this is very peppy engine as the result of very good throttle response.
Launching from 0-100 km/h is clocked around 7.74 seconds, 80-120 km/h around 5.04 seconds. The slow overtaking is resulted from long gearing, meant for fuel efficiency.
Braking from 100-0 can be done within 38.2 meters with plenty of stopping power, but we don’t like the vibration from the brake, which can be questionable of the stopping power.
Handling wise is on understeering side, anything less than 50 km/h is almost kicking the tail out, but anything higher resulted to understeering.

@TheTom '85 AMW - Sparrow

AMW Sparrow’s performance is purely for cruising with style, but who would thought that this Sparrow is quicker than previous entries in the top speed testing, showing more than 200 km/h, beyond its speed indicator.
Power comes from smooth 2.4 liters inline 6 with 32 valves, producing 140 horsepowers with 196 Nm of torque in flat torque curve! But only downfall is lack of throttle response, this meant for cruising or economical run for this engine.
The acceleration from 0-100 km/h is clocked in 8.7 seconds, 80-120 km/h in 6.12 seconds, quite slower than others.
Stopping from 100-0 in a hurry within 38.2, with powerful brake systems, but there were strange vibration on the brake which we do not like at all.
Handling this Sparrow is a bit stiff and tendency of understeering, you can have fun in the controlled fashion in low speed, but safe from being oversteer in high speed, it is still honest and safe car to drive.

@VicVictory '82 Darwin - Barricade 2100 GSi

Another thunder from the downunder, this Barricade is still very easy car to drive not just in comfort driving situation.
Powering this Barricade comes from 2.1 Liters DOHC 16 valves, producing at 126 horsepowers and 176 Nm of torque with good responsive engine power.
Pushing forward from 0-100 km/h can be done in 7.86 seconds, 80-120 in 5.4 seconds, thanks to its torquey engine and well optimized gear ratio.
Our brake test is showing quite good result, stopping from 100-0 in 38.4 meters, but the brake system is a little bit sensitive yet still inspire your confidence in most of braking situation.
Playing this Barricade in the track is also fun, despite is FWD nature. As you can toss around the corner easily due to its sharp handling.

@saddisease '86 DHC Sprint Targa

It is our turn for driving this breathtaking design, our first MR car of this test.
The power plant comes from 2 liters SOHC 16 valves, transversely. Producing power at 131 hp and 171 Nm of torque, but we can feel the power drop after 6500 rpm.
Being midship layout is resulted for good acceleration, 0-100 km/h in 7.51 seconds, 80-120 km/h in 5.76 seconds, slightly slower than Huangdou’s SC153RE.
Stopping in emergency can be done in 37.2 meters with plenty stopping power, but this car claimed to be equipped with newly advance “Antilock Brake System” but we’re not sure how can this system gives you the confidence, as currently we do not have any information about this system yet, even from premium manufacturer.
Handling wise is tricky, as this car has the tendency of oversteer by the nature of suspension tuning, you’ll need driving skill to control this car.
Another thing to mention is, this car is using staggered tire size and having high cost of maintenance. We’d suggest having good and secure savings for owning this car.

@LinkLuke '84 LLA - Condor S

As we have tested earlier since its initial launch, Condor S is top of the range of this model which equipped geared limited slip differential for maximum traction. But, the driving experience is a little bit let down from wobbly gear shifter, perhaps changing for better rubber joints in shift linkage should solves the problem.
Condor’s heart is 2.0 liters DOHC 16 valves, producing power at 142 horsepowers and 168 Nm of torque with nice powerband during mid range, great for overtaking.
Also condor’s acceleration is good, rushing it self from 0-100 km/h in 7.71 seconds, 80-120 km/h in 5.16 seconds.
Braking test showed us that this condor stops within 39.7 meters with good stopping power and firm braking feel.
Driving on high speed with this condor is more like try punching the air, as its aero package didn’t help much and much of wind noise coming through the cabin.
Handling is more on comfort side, with much of understeer. If you’re looking for something for comfort but with a styling? This Condor S is the answer.

@goblin95 '86 Kasai “Superlight”

Kasai, a Japanese manufacturer focuses on sensible car. But who would thought that Kasai will create something that is very wild like “Superlight”, Kasai’s special project for showing its performance capability, meant to be rival with tuner such as Keika. (in which Keika’s car is much more extreme than any other marque)
Do not be fooled by its adorable looks, this car is showing glimpse of its menace, the engine itself. It’s heart is heavily tuned 2.2 liters DOHC 16 valve with turbocharger, producing extremely powerful at 201 horsepowers and 271 Nm of torque, a little guy with heavyweight punch.
This special engine comes with hefty prices to pay, very noticeable turbo lag, and low reliability engine. Luckily, Kasai decided to attach special manual of this engine, and made the recommendation of proper treatment, especially the turbocharger.
Now comes the exciting part of this car, as we reviewed earlier that this “Superlight” will accelerate like no other, jumping from 0-100 km/h in 6.3 seconds with some of the wheel spin, 80-120 km/h within 3.24 seconds! Truly rapid car that can fight with MM’s Legatus in overtaking speed.
Braking this little car can be done in 37.2 meters, with decent stopping power. However we suggest to change the brake pad. Also the vibration from the brake is something not inspire the confidence.
Another thing that we need to mention, this “Superlight” is fragile, the safety ratings it highly questionable, along with Vermin Musasabi Cs. We’d suggest to install additional safety euippments and drive this safely.

@Nicking_HC '83 Hugi Legero Mk.1.5 TRX

Hugi Leggero Mk.1.5 TRX is another product from Hugi, the very famous for building muscle car. Now let’s see how’s little muscle car can perform.
Its engine power is quite interesting, having the name as “Thai Fighter” which sounds spicy. Also producing very interesting figures, 120 horsepowers with 146 Nm of torque, very torquey engine like his big brother.
However, the performance isn’t up to its rival, 0-100 accerelation in 8.47 seconds, 80-120 in 5.52 seconds.
Our braking test is showing some kind of strange vibration, which didn’t inspire us for braking, despite of stopping distance in 40 meters with good and firm braking feel.
But this can be compensated by its handling, its neutral handling is very playful that can rival to Continent’s hot hatches.

@zschmeez '85 Albatross - 250C

Apart from its bland styling at the rearend, this car gives you the best fuel economy and one of the easiest car to drive with.
250C’s power plant is turbocharged unit of 2.5 liters SOHC 16 valves, producing power at 173 horsepowers with 258 Nm of torque, with very interesting turbo setup. As its turbo spools up quickly from low rpm range with nice flat torque curve and very lean fuel mapping. Albatross’s engine is superior than Swedish turbo car’s engine, marvelous!
It’s acceleration is very interesting, very much like jet aircraft, pushing from 0-100 km/h in 6.3 seconds, 80-120 km/h in 4.01. Also this 250C is able to punch the top speed over 200 km/h indicated speed!!!
But the braking is very disappointing. During the testing, the 250C is having serious brake fade in high speed driving, also not enough stopping power and strange vibration from the braking. We’d suggest changing to better brake system for your safety.
Also another concern is its high speed handling. One quick steering in high speed, a simulated for emergency evasion, this 250C slides its tail in uncontrollable fashion, as this car doesn’t have any stability in high speed. Better suspension tuning and installation of rear spoiler should help this.

@NiuYorqCiti '86 Ponni - Perseus RS

Now comes the anticipated Perseus RS, as we mentioned earlier of having sweet exhaust note from V6 engine, very much like Italian car.
Power comes from 2.5 V6 with 24 valves, producing 150 horsepowers and 210 Nm of torque with very smooth power delivery and responsive engine.
The acceleration is on par with DHC Sprint Targa but with better top end power, 0-100 km/h in 7.86 seconds, 80-120 km/h in 5.76 seconds.
Braking is real serious issue, very mushy brake feel with not enough stopping power, this is one of serious concerns for you safety. Come on little Perseus, sometime you need to take a break before going for your regrets.
It’s handling is very nice, chassis is a bit stiff, but you can kick its tail quite easy yet still in the controllable fashion, only let down by the brake system.

@Xepy '86 ARS - Gremony EX-T

Another midship layout car in our special review, one of the most voted for the styling.
Apart from the looks, the power figures isn’t up to its competitor, despite of using turbocharged power unit, only 118 horsepowers and 136 Nm of torque. But the engine power comes with very little turbo lag, much more like N/A rather than turbocharged.
It’s acceleration is a bit let down for MR platform, 0-100 km/h in 7.99 seconds, 80-120 km/h in 6 seconds, quite slow when compared to its competitor.
Braking wise is nice, stopping distance in 36.5 meters, with very powerful brake and firm braking feel. But we do not like the vibration from the brake system.
Its forte is the handling, as we like the crisp and precise handling without putting too much effort for control, this car will reward you when you’re in the corner, fantastic!

@Normanvauxhall '83 Znopresk - Zest 1.7 Sport

Now it comes to the famous Znopresk, we would like to see the “Znopresk Magic” that stunned many manufacturers.
This Zest 1.7 Sport is very easy to drive, and having very considerable low maintenance price, thank to its reliability.
Despite of its name as “Sport”, this 1.7 engine is meant for fuel efficiency, using single point fuel injection from Birch Leantronic from Birch Technology that is best for fuel efficiency, but this is the best of both worlds for having good fuel efficiency and sporty feels. Producing power at 106 horsepowers with 131 Nm of torque.
As resulted from the engine, focuses on fuel efficiency, the acceleration from 0-100 km/h in 9.43 seconds, 80-120 km/h in 7.32 seconds, very slow when compared to its competitor.
Braking is soft, a bit mushy brake feel as better for comfort, but still plentiful of stopping power.
The handling side is revealing its true “Znopresk Magic”, despite of having soft suspension but this Zest 1.7 Sport can be very tamed in the corner, we love its neutral handling so much that one of the staff called Znopresk’s dealer for buying one. It’s Znopresk Magic!

@Knightophonix FAAL - Mesaia GTS Coupe

FAAL, a French manufacturer that is an archrival to SBA in world rally championship, who won the title in '83 after closely won by 2 points with its mighty Teltra Tour De Corse. Now FAAL decided to release the lighter and more affordable Mesaia to Thailand’s market.
This little Mesaia comes with 1.8 Liter SOHC 16 valves, producing 124 horsepowers with 156 Nm of torque. Its powerband is nice and wide torque curve from mid to high range, good for the acceleration.
But its powerful engine didn’t get along with the transmission, as from 0-100 km/h in 8.23 seconds, 80-120 km/h in 6.12, very poor acceleration from standing still.
The braking is soft and very mushy braking feel, despite of using ventilated disc and very large rotor size, but still enough stopping power. We’d suggest the investment on performance brake pad, for better confidence.
It’s suspension is strange, using soft spring rate, but stiff damper on the rear, making this Mesaia GTS Coupe more on understeer, but still manageable for cornering.

@DeadlockRiff '86 Criterion Motor - Vien

We would like to apologize to the previous mention of unknowing company name, as have not been given to us. This Vien is one of the most requested car to be review, so we are granting your wish of reviewing this car.
The power comes from 2.0 liters inline 6 with 24 valves, producing 159 horsepowers and 172 Nm of torque with its linear powerband like very refined engine.
However, we have inspected this car’s chassis and founded out that using not only dated safety technology, but also using very dated body on frame construction, a huge safety risk concerns for today’s standard.
The acceleration from 0-100 km/h is in 7.51 seconds, 80-120 km/h in 4.92 seconds. The stopping power is a bit too powerful, and very sensitive to locking the wheels. Also better be careful on trail braking as this brake system has tendency of more rear biased, which can make the tailend sliding fashion.
Handling wise is still typical RWD, you can kick its tail easily from the steering but still manageable.

@JohnWaldock '85 ZAF - Mikro RS

Now it is our turn for this little convertible. We are having very soft spot of seeing convertible in the market, due to its rarity and exotic nature.
This little droptop is powered by 1.9 liters SOHC 16 valves, producing 123 horsepowers and 157 Nm of torque with nice midrange grunt and good response.
As having good power weight ratio is very beneficial to its drivability, this little Mikro RS is the easiest car to drive, but there is some serious thing for your concern, its poor safety rating as the result of being convertible car. So please be very careful not to crash this little fun car for further scenery enjoyment.
The acceleration from 0-100 km/h is clocked in 7.39 seconds, 80-120 km/h in 5.4 seconds.
It’s stopping power is still nice, but we do not like its mushy braking feel and the strange vibration of the brake system.
One of the benefit of convertible car is having stiff chassis, as the compensation to lack of roof and pillar, resulted as less body roll. It’s handling is nice and darty for FWD car.

@thecarlover '85 Cascadia - Garu SE Turbo

The Cascadia’s sharp looks is very contrast to its very good fuel consumption, as recorded for having 10 km/liter, that’s beyond our expectation.
We’re really surprise that such fuel efficient comes from turbocharged power plant, as this Cascadis is using 1.7 liter SOHC 8 valves, producing 128 horsepowers and 202 Nm of torque. Once the turbo spools up you can really feel the push of the torque.
However, its performance is lackluster, acceleration from 0-100 km/h is clocked in 8.82 seconds, 80-120 km/h in 5.88 seconds.
Braking this Cassadia is still strong, with powerful brake system but having a bit soft braking feel with noticeable vibration from the brake isn’t inspire any confidence.
It’s handling is fun to drive, especially in low speed corner, but pushing in higher speed than 80 will send this car for understeering nature.

@strop '82 Matteo Miglia (MM) - Legatus

Now it is our chance to take an MM Legatus for another spin again, as showing its benchmark of the performance to the competitors.
As we have mentioned before, driving this car isn’t different from driving pure race car, but this is meant to be driven on the road. Its drawbacks are high maintenance cost from staggered tire size, tricky to drive to its potential and very high fuel consumption.
Power wise comes from 2.0 liter turbocharged inline 5 with 20 valves, producing in staggering 223 horsepowers and 262 Nm of torque, with very dramatic powerband and its unique exhaust note.
Thanks to its extremely powerful engine, this Legatus can snap from 0-100 km/h in 4.8 seconds, 80-120 km/h in 3.18 seconds. We’d like to quote our previous remarks as “Snapping from zero to… Awesome”.
Legatus can be stop in a dime, as having shortest braking distance with only in 33.5 meters, thanks to its extremely powerful brake system which is more likely to be in the race car, superb!
Its handling is pure top class, it’s neutral handling is unmatched by any other. Driving this Legatus in the corner feels like gliding with effortless fashion without being feared for unwanted oversteering.

@HybridTronny '85 C240 Sport Coupe

This car is suffered heavily from not having power assisted steering, and being one of the last carburettor equipped car in 80s performance car market.
Its power comes from 2.2 liters SOHC with 16 valves, producing 133 horsepowers and 185.7 Nm of torque, with midrange grunt.
It’s acceleration from 0-100 km/h is clocked in 7.99 seconds, 80-120 km/h in 5.52, still strong for carburettor engine. Or we should say as the “last hurrah of carburettor”.
Braking with this car is very confident, strong and powerful brake system, but very strange staggered tire choice by using narrow rear tire.
However, its handling can be fool to any other driver, as its handling is more like RWD cars. But we’d consider to be careful, as the aerodynamic of this car is more likely of a tank, the front lifts up in high speed, not good for high speed confidence.

@Der_Bayer '86 Der Bayer - Hammercat 2000

This is our last MR car for the review, from Der Bayer, the very famous car manufacturer focuses on car’s performance, and this is our good opportunity to test this car, in which Der Bayer has sent this car directly from the port to us for testing purpose.
Also we would like to apologize of this photograph, as our photographer decided to take the picture of the rear, due to its very tasteful design, rather than taking overtake shot on the front.
This Hammercat 2000 is one of the least expensive car, in terms of maintenance cost, thanks to using same tire size. (185/55/R16 all front and rear)
It’s power plant comes from 2.0 liter SOHC 8 valves, producing 126 horsepowers and 161 Nm of torque, but we can feel a little bit lag on throttle response.
As using all aluminum construction and space frame chassis, this Hammercat 2000 can accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 7.14 seconds, 80-120 km/h in 4.92 seconds and having higher top speed more than MM’s Legatus, as indicated to 190 km/h in the straight line.
To stop this Hammercat is very dramatic, despite the shortest braking distance of all cars in the review, the brake system is very powerful but showing signs of brake fading, as resulted from using small rotor. Also there’s violent shaking in the brake system which doesn’t inspire the confident as well.
Later we have asked Der Bayer’s representative of the cause of violent shake, the answer is from the newly advance brake system called “Antilock Brake System”, very same principle to DHC’s system. But we’re still in doubt of how reliable and understandable can be for the market.
Handling wise is extremely sharp, but it is very tricky to drive to its potential, you can lightly turn the steering wheel then this Hammercar 2000 will snap into the corner. But be careful as this little kitty can be very wild, as it has tendency to oversteer very easily.

@Kafouille '86 Ligica - Argent GTI

This is the most requested car to be review, its very attractive asking price is something to be look at this very handsome car, and also being one of the easiest car to drive.
Power is using 2.0 liters SOHC with 16 valves, producing 154 horsepowers and 181 Nm of torque, with very interesting powerband from mid to high powerband.
Its performance is something to be watchout for, as the acceleration from 0-100 km/h in 7.03 seconds, 80-120 km/h in 4.44 seconds, very serious car to be reckoned with.
Braking is nice with firm braking feel, but still suffered from the violent shaking from the brake system, perhaps this is from the advance “Antilock Brake System” that is too far for our understanding.
Once you are in the cornering, this is the diamond of the automotive! Its handling is superb for FWD car, you can really throw this car into the corner without any hesitation or any fear of unwanted oversteer, a truly brilliant car!

@Leedar '86 Borsha - 822 Karora 2.0

This Borsha 822 Karora 2.0 is only rear engine car, a similar to Germany’s famous widowmaker. Let’s see what this baby can do for surprising us.
It’s heart is same SOHC boxer 6 with 12 valves, producing power at 117 horsepowers and 168 Nm of torque. Judging from the powerfigure isn’t that much, but using Boxer is giving very low center of gravity of the car, good for the handling.
Despite being rear engine car, this 822 is our last of the easiest car to drive, with quite considerable maintenance cost to live with.
The acceleration from 0-100 km/h is clocked in 7.62 seconds, 80-120 km/h in 5.62 seconds, thanks to its optimized gear ratio.
Stopping this car from 100-0 km/h is short, with 34.5 meter of stopping distance from having powerful but sensitive brake system. However, this car still suffered from violent shake in the brake again.
Now comes the our question, what is its handling? This car is handle the corner very gently, it is very surprise to us for having understeer in high speed cornering. But better watch out for your gas pedal, better step once you’ve out from the corner already.

@RK38 '85 Maeshima - NRZ-986 2.0 Turbo 5MT LSD

This stylish looking car seems out of the sci fi movie, and also having quite long name that can be difficult to remember, is our last requested car to be test on this special issue.
Also this NRZ-986 is one of the most affordable car in this comparison, 2nd to the Ligica Argent GTI with only just a fraction but having much cheaper maintenance cost. And also the safest car in the group, much like a driving in the tank.
Powering this NRZ is obviously hinted from its name, turbocharged 2.0 liters inline 4 with 8 valves with carburettor setup, producing power at 138 horsepowers, 198 Nm of torque with nice powerband and exhaust note, very unique for inline 5 engine but somehow is ruined by very laggy response.
Its performance is lackluster, the acceleration from 0-100 km/h is clocked in 8.23 seconds, 80-120 km/h in 5.64, due to long gear ratio, changing to quick ratio should resulted to quicker acceleration from standing still.
Braking is firm and solid with very powerful brake system but quite sensitive to lock up.
The handling is nice and controllable, combined with powerful brake, this car is the one that can be tamed with ease for sure.

As our comparison, we would like to say that the mighty MM Legatus is still the best. But the new Ligica Ardent GTI, AMW Sparrow, Huangdou SC153RE, DHC Sport Targa and Albatross 250C are very interesting oppositions to be feared with.

After Phongbhan read the special issue, he grabbed the marker for elimination process.

• Shimushibu - Forcer Moon Chaser: it is nice to have a very famous Johny Chow’s cameo car, but sorry you’re too slow.

• Bramhall - Viva (III B) Si: It is hard for me to say goodbye for this handsome car, but it is not a Huangdou’s rival.

• Vermin - Musasabi CS: I’ll have to say sorry for this nice Group B car, but my life cost more than this.

• Kasai - “Superlight”: This is making me the toughest choice for me, I do like the performance, but I’ll need something better for my crashworthiness.

[Meme o meter archivement unlocked: Kasai just kicked in yo!]

• Hugi - Legero Mk1.5 TRX: Sorry my little car, but there are faster car, unless with better performance in acceleration like the Rioter.

• Albatross 250C: This is very hard for me to say goodbye, no matter how good its performance, but I don’t like the looks and its brake system.

• Ponni - Perseus RS: If I’m going to buy this car and paying something more on the brake system upgrade, I’ll have to pass this one.

• Znopresk - Zest 1.7 Sport: I like the styling and its suspension, but this is the slowest of the bunch.

• FAAL - Mesaia GTS Coupe: I’m afraid to say that you’re too slow in the group, even the reputation from its big brother cannot save you.

• Criterion Motor - Vien: Okay, this one is also no good, I don’t want to be squished from having poor safety.

• Cascadis - Garu SE Turbo: I guess I’ll have to say goodbye to this stylish car, as it is too slow for this.

• C240 Sport Coupe: This car is still no good for me, not having power steering is not a good idea for daily driving at all.

• Der Bayer - Hammercat 2000: Actually I do like this one if having better brake system, especially bigger rotor for less fading. But doing so is going to ruin my savings and having 3 months of instant noodle after upgrading this car.

• Maesima - NRX-986 20. Turbo 5MT LSD: This is one of the hardest for me to eliminate, I’m really like the looks but too slow… bro

The finalist are:
@yangx2, @SeriousSimon, @TheTom, @VicVictory, @saddiseased, @LinkLuke, @Xepy, @JohnWaldock, @strop, @Kafouille and @Leedar

[end of round 2 - next is final as he will go for test drive]

23 Likes

Not gonna lie, I designed the Condor around the engine, I wanted something that has room for improvement but that makes decent power stock. I also wanted to avoid turbos in light of better throttle response.

1 Like