D9 Motorworks

very sierra GT mk2

Guys im sorry but this is WAY TOO EPIC 300 views! this is a milestone i never thought id reach. Thanks!!!

this is for sliphantoms fleet car challenge
D9 follower

D9 Max, bringing a new meaning to hot hatch

soo much fun to drift

D9 aerospace! not just any wagon…

help.

The D9 Shelke, but new (1991)

Jesus, its been a hot minute since i posted here

With your earlier designs now incompatible with the current game version (UE4.24), you may want to remake at least some of them. The D9 Shelke deserves this treatment more than any other, based on what I saw back when this thread was relatively new - I considered its exterior design to be the most promising one you had at the time.

1 Like

Ill have a crack at it, i feel my skills have improved a bit to go over them

The 1991 one or the old, very bland one?

I recommend that you start with the earlier 1991 version - car design in the early 1990s was a lot simpler compared to 2021. What is certain, however, is that with the new game engine, there is much more scope for the remake to be far more detailed than the original.

Alright, ill have a shot at it now

Not complete but i think im doing good, the back could be improved though.

This new version is an improvement for sure, but the rear light strips on the bumper have to go (a single small red reflector would have sufficed), and the rear wing could be lower (something possible in the current version thanks to the new fixture scaling system. A pair or quartet of exhaust pipes would also be preferable to the six rectangular outlets. It would also be better off with lower-profile tires and/or larger diameter wheels. Further up the rear, the rear light clusters (complete with full-width reflector) look a lot better now, although the area below the reflector could accommodate a rear grille for cooling.

As for the front and sides, you could achieve a cleaner, more period-accurate look by using the version of the Testarossa-esque side vent with only one one strake, and the headlights would look better with square or rectangular cut-outs that gel more easily with the body you chose. Lower down, it might not be necessary to use the glow stick/circle mod for the fog lights and indicators - it’s not like they were a thing in the early '90s, after all. The grille shape does fit the body lines, though, although a simpler rectangular shape would be more fitting given the era. Finally, the front vents seem out of place to me, and may be replaced or removed.

That said, the basic idea is sound, and the dark solid green exterior color not only reminds me of British Racing Green, but suits the car’s lines very well indeed. Now that I’ve reviewed its exterior design, why don’t you show us the engineering aspect as well? After all, beauty doesn’t have to be skin deep.

I quickly mashed together a 151 hp v8 as a placeholder, I plan on changing it once i get the design im happy with.

Much better, but the hood vents are not necessary and may be omitted. Also, a narrower track would be appreciated to stop the wheel/tire assembly from poking out of the wheel arches.