Home | Wiki | Discord | Dev Stream | YouTube | Archived Forums | Contact

Dave’s Garage (Volvo picture spam)

What about that Brera in the foreground? I’m curious as to which engine it was fitted with.

Was either the 1.9 JTDm or the 2.4 JTDm

Somethings on the horizon, and it’s not a car

This may or may not happen but I think I’ll be the first here to buy a bus if all goes to plan

Good luck sir

I have one question for you.

Why?

oh

Because why not?

Also haha yeah this was very good timining @Microwave but amazingly unrelated-ish to that

So… as you all know I’ve been looking to make another unwise financial decision…

So here she is, my 1997 Volvo Olympian, 9.6L In-line 6 Turbo Diesel, ZF 4 Speed and about 70 seats, she’s a monster and will rival the Alfa in fuel consumption :grin:

I pick her up soon to take her to an MOT place, she’s officially insured and I’ll get a video of her driving and running soon

More pictures to come

Oh no!!! I’m so scared!

I know some families who would love that as a family car. Perfect for the Mormon family reunion.

Two things as I’ve said elsewhere:

1. Get some proper 90s adverts on it.
  2. Eurotrip when?

Permission to call it the Vengabus.

How did you manage to insure it?

“Do not panic, student driver”

Automation UK tour 2018

I took my road test in a Volvo, it looked something like this:

Not the same truck, but similar looking. 12.7 liter engine and an Eaton Fuller 8 speed with a granny gear. I used another one for my classes which had a 14 liter engine and a Rockwell 10 speed in it. (And those trucks did say “Student Driver”)

We’ll have to decide on a name through poll at some point :joy: and yes there will be a big trip in it but maybe not for a while

Insurance was £350 for the whole year which also allows anyone over 25 to drive it and comes with breakdown cover

Better than my first quote of £1400 without all of that

No there is no decision to be made surely, Vengabus has been declared.

:thinking:

I was going to call it the Bang Bus but Vengabus it is :joy:

*anyone over 25 on the public roads provided they hold a full Category D license :+1:

Have a picture someone I know took on it’s last day out and about doing Christmas Eve rail replacement, awesome picture it is

+100 points for the advert

Brick styling… check.
Loads of space… check.
RWD… check.
I6 diesel… check.

Well, it seems you’ve bought a classic reasonable Volvo :stuck_out_tongue: