Daven Automotive Thread (Currently on Hiatus)

Hey what’s up guys, been waiting to do this for awhile now but do to me lacking the game then pc problems, I never got the chance to get my thread going. I will update this thread as time goes on and I will start uploading cars too it.

[size=150]Welcome to Daven Automotive[/size]

A little back story on the company… yes I made this to give it a back story: Daven Automotive got it’s start in 1938 after Rodger Daven came up with a concept for a new cheap car during the war. After two years of what he called hell, he finally succeeded in late 1939 and named it the Python. The car was a 4 door RWD setup with an I4 SOHC 3VPC making 108 HP @4000 RPM and was released on Febuaray 17th, 1940 in Charlotte, North Carolina. The car was a success due to it’s light weight, affordability, and amazing gas milage in those times. The Python was to continue for 11 years before discontinuing 1 year right before Rodger’s death. The only other car released under Rodger’s leadership was the Apsure in 1942 Which wasn’t as successful. Events transpire through the years and Daven managed to stay afloat til 1962 when performance cars started taking over. Edgar Rockfire. (Rodger’s son) Improvised a new idea and hired a select team of people who had very good knowledge in cars and formed the Daven Race Team. The purpose of D.R.T. was to make race and performance cars and de-tune race cars for street use. This quick idea turned into Daven’s best idea in the 60s and has lead them through to even today still making high end HP cars. As of today in 2015, Daven Automotive is now ran by Andrew Cook and is still holding Daven traditions to this day.

So to start the first upload, I might as well start with the H3000 Spot trim. It’s 2008 and I thought that it was time for a good high HP 2 door that actually has some economy. Daven is pretty high tech and has good friends so getting our hands on a DFI system is quite hard so thats what we went with. The engine is a DOHC 24v AlSi block and head with a TPC DFI system running 11.0:1 compression. Horsepower is 417 @7200 RPM while torque runs at 325F ft-lb @4800 RPM. The H3000 sprints to 62MPH (100KPH) in under 5 seconds and if you got the balls, she’ll run right up to 190 MPH with the bonus of 34 MPG with a 6 speed manual. Weighing in at just under 3000lb it is a fine machine. Does the Top Gear Test Track in 1.25.33

So as I said I’d be updating on occasion and I know I can put a couple more cars on here before hand (Waiting to see if someone is willing to create my two badges I need.) But in the mean time I have a few cars I can upload so here is the new upload.

Today’s upload car is a little challenge to WildKarrde in his car for Cuba. My response is a somewhat similar car with some differences in engine components, size, and overall trim build. Welcome to the Cuba Rebel. I did have some money left over to keep it in price but I did splurge on a couple things to make mine better while still keeping cost at a little over 3200. Now as I mentioned the differences between the two cars a very little, but they do go a long way. This build opted for a FWD system and the egine is longer stroked with forged parts for pricing and economy, the engine does feature an SFI system that is tuned for economy but with the ability to have power ready to use and is a SOHC system with 4VPC. The engine is mated with a 4 speed manual system with 10-115’s all around on hard tires. Another piece that makes this car different is standard safety and a offroad/comfort suspension setup to attempt to make the drive decent. In the end, the engine makes 43 HP @5800 RPM and makes 48.1 ft-lb @2600 RPM. The total cost of this car is 3206.17. Does a 1/4 mile in 21.45 @ 66 MPH, standing KM in 39.90 @ 77 MPH, 0-62 in 18.5 with a top speed of 82 MPH flat. Does test track in 2.04.88. Pics below.

Also to give a reference to what this was about. Here’s Kard’s video: youtube.com/watch?v=iBZtfntn5sY

That Cuba Rebel car Looks pretty cool :laughing: If you exlucde that fact the your knees are the crumple zones…

LOL it’s Cuba they don’t fucking care honestly if you ask me, I’m sure they’re glad to buy a car with a little safety for $40,000

A 3.2k car eh? I can try to squeeze out something from that… which year?

Year is 2015, Cuba open its borders back in mid to late May for cars to be imported. The reason why you want to be cheap is because they’ll be marked up around 110% so when you do the total my car is around the 40,000 range same as Kard’s what makes mine the better buy is the safety, reliability, and confort for a cheaper price… By all means go for it cause i wanna see what others bring to the table like the hpc comp currently . i bid you good luck norman

Here it is.

Relatively drivable, you can sit in it wihtout feel pain in the back and you can bump on a sidewalk without die.

Who sayd cheap :sunglasses:

I gotta give credit to both of y’all, thats fuckin amazing on how cheap that is. I will say that they are underpowered but its competition between 4 cars that are oriented differently, so its a good toss up

nice car

Ok guys, thought I’d give an update on what has happened to me and why I dropped off the face of the earth. My PC is giving my issues still and HDD decided to call it quits. Now the good news is that the drive survived long enough for me to grab my stuff before it locked me out. The bad news is that I’m out of my own computer and having to borrow one of my family members computers to even type this message out. Eta of when it’ll come back and I can start working on this thread again is IDFK, but in the meantime I’m still alive and thinking on new ideas as the updates keep rolling out and I’ll be back soon hopefully.

Like the H3000! Really cool! :slight_smile:

Thought I’d give an update on the thread and give some info on why I’ve been M.I.A. The computer I was using killed another HDD back in early June with cars I had ready to upload. After that failed and testing everything on my pc, the SATA port on it is bad. Quite frankly I think it’s has been shot since i got the laptop 4 years ago at this point. As of now, I have nothing to share and I’m going to have to start from scratch… again. Not to worry I will make a return, it’s just been one thing after another this last year. Thanks for taking the time to read and see y’all when I return. (Btw I did edit the thread)

1 Like