Deponte - Random cars

Nothing here mmmkay :clap:

3 Likes

Front of Stirling gives me a strange feel of similarity to GTA SA’s Sadler.

1 Like

I must say that your designs look very nice so far. Im looking forward to your 65-70s cars :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The main criticism would be way too many cars in too short time - give people some time to notice and appreciate them :wink: (and yourself to perfect them) And too many lines of the technical description - for example the Marseilles one could look like that:

Marseille V12 - luxury sedan ('60-'65) - $97 350
[a fragment of a screenshot with the “Design” tab - it includes length, wheelbase, weight, door and seat counts, drive and transmission type - but it is well known to all Automation players, and thus more readable I’d say]

8.1 MPG
Top speed: 245 km/h
0-100: 6.7 s
Quarter mile: 14.70 s @ 158 km/h
Braking: 36.70 m
Cornering 20/250 m: 0.75/0.73 g
Roll angle: 4.18

[the other half of the “Design” tab, with the engine specifications]

…or you could just post the whole Design tab info in one picture. Also you give very specific performance data - it’s nothing wrong of course, but I’m not sure if it is really necessary for anything but a sports car. For the cars themselves - peak power shouldn’t be reached at the redline - avoid it if you can. The looks are rather good, and the rest cannot really be judged, as you don’t provide “standard” stats (which obviously isn’t mandatory - some people don’t do it at all <certain wild German ;)>, but makes it easier to tell if the car is good or not).

PS Oh, and my private preference - to know how the car looks like before I start reading about it - but that might be just me :slight_smile:

It takes guts to make something look like the Batmobile without trying too hard, but you have done just that - and followed it up with some nice-looking classics!

1 Like

Nice work on the side trim! It definitely gives the car the look.

1 Like

There is a problem (Aside from Giaguaro wearing basically a KHT front end) and it’s what I call Cayenne syndrome, and it’s one thing that is very much Storm company’s problem too. In pursuit of brand recognition you use the same front end on every car, whether it fits it or not, and whether it’s relevant or not, and whether there were too many cars with that front end already or not.

I’ve realized that many of your cars have very similar front- and rear-end styling, but somehow you managed to make it work.

Mitsubishi would like to have a word with you about the Colt :stuck_out_tongue: Other than that, nice designs!

1 Like

The Deponte Ruger (1971 Model Year) (OUTDATED)

MSRP of 10,800 $ (+20) (Base)
MSRP of 18,480 $ (+20) (Blacktop 10-8 X-15) (Only Customizable Option Is The Car Colour)

‘‘Split Personality’’ was the slogan because it could be a comfortable low power convertible cruiser or a high speed insane factory street racing car.

Colour Options:

Deponte Colour Options

Dimensions:

Wheelbase: 9’ 0’’
Overall Length: 15’ 4’’
Base Weight: 2475 Pounds

Ruger Bodystyle

Convertible Body Depicted Above.

Ruger Styling

Hood Scoops And Rear Spoiler Depicted Above.

Ruger Tyres
Deponte Rim Options

The 3 Rims Available (Steel, Alloy, Magnesium Respectively).

Ruger Brakes

Ruger PS

Ruger Springs

Ruger Race

7 Likes

The Deponte Giaguaro (1971 Model Year) (OUTDATED)

MSRP of 14,160 $ (+20) (Base)
MSRP of 27,860 $ (+40) (Limited Production) (Only Customizable Option Is The Car Colour)

Deponte’s top of the line performance car during the 60’s, very European-esque but still American at heart.
The Giaguaro has aluminium body panels for lightness, the Racing Version has glass fibre panels and is under limited production.
Very stylish with performance to back it up, the Limited Production Racing Version (Street Legal) could get it’s way around the Green Hell in 7 minutes and 48 seconds with a (Downforce Limited) top speed of 155 MPH.

Colour Options:

Deponte Colour Options

Dimensions:

Wheelbase: 8’ 2’‘
Overall Length: 14’ 3’’
Base Weight: 2665 Pounds

Engines

BS sTYLE

Targa Top Depicted Above.

STYLING GIG

Wing 1, 2, 3 Depicted Above (The Racing Version Had An Exclusive Dual Wing).

GG TYRES
Deponte Rim Options

The 3 Rims Available (Steel, Alloy, Magnesium Respectively) (The Racing Version Had Exclusive Rims).

Ruger Brakes

PS Hyd

SPRINGS SP

RACE

The Giaguaro Doing A Lap On The Green Hell (7:48).

4 Likes

Wow, those engines strokes are incredibly long!

Undersquare is the way of life! :+1:

Your faith in undersquare engines is not misplaced; they provide plenty of torque low down in the rev range - which is ideal for muscle cars such as the ones you have been focusing on.

The Atem 400 (Base):

The Atem Street Howtizer:

The Atem X-15 R/T:

The Atem X-15:

The Atem ‘‘The Deponte’’:

The Atem ‘‘The Deponte’’: Atem The Deponte

The other specs and times can be found in the Autoshow thread.

1 Like

I want some specs on the whole Atem range ASAP. That thing looks awesome!

You will, eventually.

Psst look in the LA Autoshow thread soon :wink:

Edit: Posted it in the LA Autoshow now!

Noice

These first few UE4 designs are not bad at all. The second one looks like a mashup of a '71 Barracuda with a '69 Cougar.

Looks nice, and not just for a Kee car. This one is definitely worthy of a remake in UE4 (the body it uses is present in both versions of the game). Speaking of which, when, if ever, will we see other Deponte models being remade in UE4?