Detroit Autoshow 2015

I’ve been keeping my eyes peeled all day for the new Honda (Acura) NSX:

autoblog.com/2015/01/12/2016 … is-to-know

Possibly one of the most anticipated cars of this decade. Too bold a claim? The whole twice as much power as the previous incarnation, when they’ve been spending much of the time downplaying the output, is particularly intriguing!

A lot of comments on another board have said the reveal of the Fort GT overshadowed this. Honestly I think the new NSX will be bit underwhelming and not a game changer like the original.

I can understand that, given the already jaded impression of wondering why we were so enamoured of something that just seems a bit underwhelming by standards today. Also noting that their decision with regards to drivetrain choices was led by the good outcome from the hypercars. Overshadowed by the reveal of the Ford GT though? That seems like it would have been less likely to happen had this show been outside of America.

The first NSX brought something new to the market, but I can’t figure out what this NSX is supposed to be. The $150k+ sports and exotic car market is extremely competitive today. If I were fortunate enough to be able to afford this car, why would I buy this car over cars that are high performers and arguably as good or better looking? It looks kinda sterile and like a mid-engine Acura TL to me. Hopefully it performs well.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d drive the heck out of it if someone handed me the keys. It’s not like it’s a a Pontiac Aztek. :smiley:

Yeah you are very right ZoomZoomBoom that Honda Acura NSX is the best acura car models. This model has brought lots of new features to the automobile market. It is finest sports car from Honda. I really liked this.

The NSX also regularly ends up on the list of the best MR supercars to buy used, in big part because you can daily drive it without it costing a fortune, while still being awesome to drive.