Developers what were a couple features of Unreal that you really like over the Kee engine? Any you don't like?

Just curious as someone who has played around with the unreal engine a bit in my spare time. The UI is very smooth and clunky at the same time, I found that double monitors work wonders.

They also have an advanced vehicle template available…perhaps that could be used well down the road to get a rudimentary driving sim made?

I frankly just enjoy building different engines, its just a shame I need to manually get that data over to Assetto Corsa or something to try them out.

As an artist, it’s 1000% better in every possible way. Much better looking, much quicker and easier to work with, all kinds of crazy powerful tools I can use to build stuff in good ways etc…

Pretty sure everyone else on the team would pretty much say the same too.

4 Likes

I’m genuinely struggling to come up with anything… Only thing I would possibly change is the colour system, it’s a little confusing to use. But that’s not “better in the kee version”, that’s just a general suggestion.

I got the impression the OP was referring to the actual UE Editor (not the UE version of Automation).
If so I would agree that two monitors are very useful for using it.

Ah, my mistake.

Being able to relatively clean slate a lot of the fundamental design issues of the Kee Engines systems, when translated to UE4.

The UE4’s UI System is far superior to work with, and less error prone. This version naturally becomes much more error free as the interface between Lua, and the UI is intrinsically more graceful.

Quicker load times, DX10/11 has faster creation of GPU resources than DX9. This is one of the reasons the Kee Engine version didn’t load that much quicker on an SSD.

Able to produce cool little things with relative ease, e.g. glowing headers/turbos, the photoscene. Future plans for the photoscene include placing multiple cars in the scene, perhaps having other props that can be added and moved in the scene.

Being 64bit and all the advantages that it provides.

7 Likes

[quote=“zeussy, post:7, topic:21387, full:true”]Future plans for the photoscene include placing multiple cars in the scene, perhaps having other props that can be added and moved in the scene.
[/quote]

Yes! This sounds really neat!

1 Like

Like: Lighting.
Don’t like: Lighting build times.

:wink:

5 Likes