Dimension Motors - Back in Business!

I really don’t know what’s happening here. Sure, the lap time stacks up. Power does, etc etc… but what’s with the acceleration and top speed is a mystery to me. The weight isn’t that much of an issue, and the quarter and km is proper. I am guessing the aero is the key to your straight line performance. The Aero efficiancy of over 1.6m is about twice the factor my car has. Also looking at that rear downforce, I am betting that this is why.

A bit off-topic:
Ehh… Reading this I felt inspired to try to make a hypercar again, especially since that new Aero body is available. It’s the sixth time. And again, fifth time in a row, I get a TG track time of ~1:08. Again I get less than 1.5g in the 250m cornering test (well, I completely don’t get what this stat means). And again I have no idea how to get better. Yeah, I’ve got quite obsessed.

On-topic:
Looks insane. I like that :smile: And impressive stats, especially those cornering figures I don’t either understand or get near in my cars.

2017 Dimension Entropy FM

When your 1000 horsepower hypercar is in need of an upgrade to stay competitive, you know they’ve got some serious hardware in their hands. Well TBH even without them people would still ask for a more powerful and expensive version of the Entropy.

The Japanese have their death gods, and so do the Americans. The FM officially stands for ForMula, but really its common knowledge that it stands for Fat Man as in the atom bomb. Yeah abit tasteless especially since the last one was named after a Japanese deity and this one is yeah you get it. Exterior wise not much has changed other than a few bits being unpainted carbon and the car being made exclusively in a matte olive finish to fit with the military theme.

Chassis remains essentially the same. Brakes remain vented discs on all fours because carbon ceramics have proven to provide minimal performance gains at such a high cost. The tires for this car are what makes the machine, being essentially racing slicks (+15 quality) with grooves cut into them and being just street legal, once more made by Toyo. 385 rear and 295 front as the car’s very rear heavy weight distro necessitates a stagger. Costs more than the engine itself.

Interior has been lightened and stripped to expose more carbon fiber, only leather parts that remain are the seats. The center console is now made out of Lexan, and the radio is removed. Displays are now fighter jet inspired and there’s a little ball where the radio was that acts as some sort of G meter. (IDK what they’re called specifically). Aerodynamics have been improved to produce even more downforce, which limits top speed to just 360 km/h, some 40 km/h down on its competitors.

Yanked out of a 90s GT1 project that never got anywhere and previously tried on the Zentorno (ye styling is 100% inspired by that thing so IDK what else to call it) concept (which was considered for the 2017 Hypercar shootout but it ended up too heavy and expensive, I’ll show you guys anyway soon.) the RM55DITT is a 60 valve 5.5 liter DOHC twin turbocharged V12, made out of two HA28EI V6 motors used in sedans back in the 90s welded together and retrofitted with direct injection and magnesium construction. Running on 100 octane fuel (though the ECU can adjust itself to run on lower quality fuels on the fly, not that it matters too much, I only used 100 octane for economy concerns), it produces 1131 horsepower at 7200 RPM and around 1400 NM of torque at 4000 RPM and a redline of 9000 RPM driving the rear wheels with a slightly upgraded 7 speed manual box found in the Izanami.

The car does the Nurburgring at just over 6 minutes 40 seconds, during testing with a completely bare bones interior and 285 fronts the car was a second quicker however we decided against it. Finally it is competitive with the likes of the Eau Rouge.

1:52 on the Automation test track.

2 and a half seconds quicker in Laguna Seca

1.3 seconds quicker in Tsukuba

1:06.50 on the Airfield

And 1 second away from the current Suzuka lap holder (which did a flying lap) from a standing start.

Package is an additional 150K for Izanami owners only and a production run of 15 models made from spare prototypes and maintenance training vehicles.

@szafirowy01 Don’t hesitate when building hypercars. That’s exactly why the original Izanami failed to compete. Also use RWD, tires and high downforce for higher skidpad values (at least in my experience).

1 Like

I really like that matte tan color, it contrasts nicely with the black :wink:

Huh, turns out I was late for the hypercar shootout huh.

Oh well… would’ve been nice to see how this thing stacks up against the big boys. Unless you folk are up for another…

Anyway…

2011 Dimension Hadron SE

If you can’t beat em, join em. After years of attempting to battle German mid size premium cars with tarted up FWD based “luxury sedans” Dimension in its restructuring decided to go for the route everyone does to make the ideal yuppie mobile.

A V6 powered all new RWD chassis with subtle but undeniably pretentious and punchable styling. This will be the car you see tailgating at break neck speeds and zipping around the freeway without a single flick of the indicators.

Chassis is a AHS steel monocoque with fiber glass panels for lightness. From factory the car comes with 245s and 265s all season road tires at the front and rear respectively. Interior is fitted with leather and brushed metal accents, dropping the faux classic luxury look of older American luxury cars and preferring to go with a more modern and professional look. Cupholders have AC outlets to keep your lattes hot or cold on your morning commute to your software/IT company job every morning. Sound system is a premium 15 speaker layout and high precision satnav that is made completely useless because your phone can do it just as well.

Engine is a bit of an odd one as it is derived from the one used in the Boson GT. Yes the supercar. Since the Boson’s HB40DITT is the first direct injected V6 made by the company, it was decided that it would save engineering costs by using a heavily detuned and cheapened block from the Boson. Retaining its aluminium silica construction and 5 valves per cylinder design, it made the engine popular with tuners due to excellent engine response and power potential. The 4 liter V6 produced 270 horsepower at 6700 rpm which is admittedly abit low compared to its competitors but enough to tailgate almost anything on the road. Engine is mated to a 6 speed automatic transmission with a viscous LSD to keep the car in shape when zipping through the highway because you are too important to wait like everybody else. Produced pretty decent mileage for its weight too at 28 MPG, which is only 8 MPG down from the Rift.

Base MSRP of 55K for the 4.0 SE model equipped with the 4 liter V6.

I’ve noticed that not many people seem to be making standard mid sized modern sedans. Would be nice to see what BMW fighters you folk can come up with.

1 Like

Can take a look at our Auxuras ETL , made in 2012 which can be a good competitor to your car above.

(It’s also a BMW fighter)

@starfish Indeed it is, boils down to whether people prefer a FWD or AWD chassis and Asian design such as yours or RWD and more European styled.

##2012 Dimension Hadron SSP Collider

One thing that makes the premium mid size segment so damn difficult to compete in is that the damn Germans stuff almost every sort of engine they make onto one platform, which means you have that whatever you build has to have a bigger power range from the top of the line model to the entry level than some car companies have in their entire history of building cars. So naturally to compete in the competitve super sedan market, the SSP team stuffed the GR68DE that will be found in the upcoming high performance Paradox model into the Hadron platform.

Chassis remains a AHS steel monocoque with fiberglass panels. Suspension is a double wishbone set up on all fours like the standard Hadron for actual cornering prowess in a class chock full of overglorified muscle cars or understeer monsters. The only car in Dimension’s sports line up to use active springs, this is done as emphasis is placed on maintaining a semblance of ride comfort and daily usability. Wheels are a massive 315 mm summer performance tires on all fours, nothing too fancy or expensive aside from the sheer size of it. But hey at least that means you can rotate them eh? Brakes a 4 pot 375mm units up front and single pot 360mm units up rear, the largest in our current sports line up. That happens to include two generations of a hypercar costing 200k more. Don’t question it. We don’t know either.

Interior remains pretty much the same, except with obligatory optional red accents and more traction control settings so you can pretend that you’re actually driving the car to its limits. Seats are now leather covered bucket seats as opposed to conventional ones. Audio remains the same as the one found in the top of the line SE model.

The heart of the car is a 6.7 liter OHV V8 producing 601 horsepower at 7200 rpm and 662 NM of torque at 5800. The block and heads are made of aluminium and silicon alloy for minimal weight and ideal weight distribution for later applications. Despite using direct injection and significantly less aggressive cams, the engine remains very thirsty, managing 14 mpg at best. It’s also not the most bulletproof, the long stroke design quickly falls apart at high RPMs despite strengthened internals. It is mated to a 6 speed manual transmission, the same unit found on the Paradox 5 SSP. With a mechanical differential, this allows it to achieve 0-60 mph times in 4.5 seconds, and the power is sufficient to carry it to a top speed of 200mph, cementing it as one of the fastest four door cars in the world.

A 1.17.22 on the airfield test track with minimal downforce and road tires are impressive for a car that heavy. This is a less optioned model however do note, not being equipped with the hi-fi audio system found in the SE and other interior amenities, resulting in being 100kg down in weight.

1:40 in Laguna Seca isn’t too bad either.

Yeah I know the engine is a '13 but I forgot to change the year when reusing the engine. So just deduct a few HP/MPG for the 2011 model.

1 Like

American Company Recalls Their 350K Sports Car, Not Even Handbuilt Exotics Safe From American Corporate Tradition.

Dimension’s release of the V12 powered FM brought fears of backlash from earlier buyers of the Izanami model, who could potentially sue and ruin the cars reputation, which would be the deathblow to a hypercar. To prevent another case of XJ220-ing, Dimension decided to recall all sold Izanami models and fit them with V12 twin turbo power plants, slightly altered to be more civil on the road. This also included minor modifications to the chassis and tires and transmission, resulting in a much quicker and comfortable vehicle.

To not let the HX45 engines go to waste, Dimension offers a performance upgrade kit for the outgoing Boson supercar, bringing the old girl into sub 7 minute Nurburgring times. HX45 engines are also sold through SSP as crate motors and we are willing to supply any low volume manufacturer with the engines should they contact us.

2 Likes

It’s a recall world now , manufacturer are using Make in China parts to bulit their cars as it is cheaper.

This baby is all American bud.

Not that it means anything these days :smiley:

That’s pretty much my shtick really. I’m too cheap and crap at engine/chassis optimization so just put alot of downforce on it and watch that baby turn.

Of course that means I always lose out in a top speed competition.

1 Like

Hehe the Vulcan body is such a nice design.

FR hypercars are a rarity here… I plan to do something about that.

5 Likes

It is so… coooooool

2 Likes

Well, I’m glad to see someone else doing FR hypercar. I’ll have to refresh my Daeva…

Woah I don’t think this will scare anything Gryphon any time soon. It’s currently at about P1 levels of performance so it’s the slowest hypercar I’ve built so far.

What does P1 levels of performance actually mean? As in gets around the track as fast as a P1? That’s bloody fast, even more so for an FR car!!!

Back a few builds ago it wasn’t that easy to get an FR car around Green Hell in under 7 minutes. This might be a different story now, worth checking out actually…

1 Like

P1 is MR but what I meant is that getting an FR car to match the P1’s performance would be pretty difficult, you’d pretty much need it to have greater than GT spec level of grip and downforce.