Dimension Motors - Back in Business!

Turbo with big AR Ratio, small boost, and sizes tweaked to produce most linear yet maximum power curve.

5 Likes

I must try this approach!
If I may ask, what is the source of sound?

NFS Carbon, the sound of a tuned Ford GT.

1 Like

Boy have I missed the sound of a supercharger. Can’t wait for them to come into the game for real…

1 Like

That’s how I tune all my turbo cars, so I can get the least lag possible.

I always wanted to make a Z…

2002 Dimension Tau 3.3 Enthusiast Coupe (BEZ33)

320 hp, $28K new, Double Wishbone suspension, sports car looks, what’s not to like? The fact that it drove like a pig and looked like a fat blob is one. Pick it up 10 years later for 5K as your first “enthusiast” car, open up an instagram account to document your car’s upgrade progress even though you’ll never do anything more than plastidip the wheels.

Technical Data

Engine

Code: HC33EI
Configuration: 3.3 liter aluminum alloy 60 degree V6
Heads: Aluminum Alloy 24 valve DOHC with gen 1 CamSwitch VVT and VVL
Aspiration: Naturally Aspirated
Fueling: Bosch MPFI with independent throttle bodies
Recommended fuel: 91
Redline: 8000 RPM
Power: 316 HP @ 7500 RPM
Torque: 314 NM @ 6500 RPM
Transmission: 6 speed manual with viscous diff FR
Engine Weight: 168 KG

Chassis

Code: BEZ33
Body: Advanced Steel Unibody with aluminum body panels
Tires: F 235mm R 235mm R19 Toyo Proxes 4 All Season Performance Tires
Suspension: F Double Wishbone R Multilink with gas dampers
Brakes: F 3 piston 350mm disc R 1 piston 300mm disc with ABS
Curb Weight: 1473 KG
Safety: Driver and Passenger airbag with safety bracing
Steering: Hydraulic Assist
Driver Aids: TCS and ECS

Interior

Seats: Bucket style imitation leather seats
Dash: Soft plastic dash with center oil temp and clock gauge
Audio: Double DIN head unit with 2 door speakers
Seating: 2

Performance Stats

Power to Weight: 211 HP Per Tonne
0-60: 5.5
Top Speed: 160 MPH +
250m Cornering Test: 1.15 G @ 118.6 MPH
60-0: 99 ft
1/4 mile: 13.74 @ 108 MPH
MRLS: 1:48.52

Pricing
3.3: $ 28,000 (60% Mark Up)

11 Likes

I beg to differ; I think it actually looks quite good to be honest, and has plenty of aftermarket tuning potential. With the right equipment, it could even make a great drift car!

Wait till you see it in certain angles bub.

Also a dig at the real counterpart.

I just popped in to have a look, and I saw a full length mirror:
“A must have for any wannabe retro mid life crisis baldy who can’t afford overly inflated originals.”

It made me want to cry.

P.S. point me to your nearest dealership

Not a Dimension car but I don’t want to start a thread just for one car

WALKER PERFORMANCE MOHAWK GTR

Robert Walker Performance is a Texas based performance tuner who mainly specializes in building excessively overpowered versions of Dimension Paradoxes and sometimes KHT supercars. After several years of ripping customers off and shady business practices, they managed to scrape enough money to build a giant middle finger to the entire supercar industry with their (((((((((((((((((((((own))))))))))))))))))) design. The GTR is a car you buy if you want a near one to one power to weight ratio in a car that rattles more than a sheetmetal shack on October.

For a cool price of $400,000, you can own this glorified kit car!

Engine & Transmission

Engine: GZ70DI 7 liter 16 valve OHV V8 crate motor with twin turbochargers
Bore X Stroke: 101x109
Compression: 8.6:1
Weight: 228.6 KG
Redline: 8000 RPM
Power: 1205 HP @ 7000 RPM
Torque: 1345 NM @ 4600 RPM
Transmission: ZF 6 speed manual with electric differential from the Boson GT
Engine Weight: 229 KG

Chassis
Length: 4520mm
Curb Weight: 1255 KG
Brakes: F 1 piston 350mm R 1 piston 385mm Carbon Ceramic Brakes with ABS
Material: Carbon Fiber body with Carbon Fiber panels
Layout: Rear Mid Engine Rear Wheel Drive

Performance

Power to Weight: 960 HP Per Tonne
0-60: 2.4
Top Speed: 250 MPH
1/4 mile: 8.94 @ 174 MPH
MRLS: 1:25.15
Nordeschleife: 6:33.15

##MOHAWK PROTO

Keen to prove the Mohawk isn’t just a Texas Mile star and completely useless in the corners, Walker set out to build a pure racing model set out to crack the track-only record currently held by KHT. Ripping off every non street legal part available from race teams, the Mohawk Proto is proof Americans can do pointless track toys just as well.

Rest of the stats are unreleased to the public but the car posted:

8 Likes

##2005 Dimension Motors Seven50 KH Technik

(Photo credit to Squidhead, as well as engine and chassis tuning)

Believe it or not, this is Dimension’s first proper supercar (Ultranova never made it into production). Dimension agreed to fund KHT’s racing activites in the 90s and in exchange, they would share their carbon fiber and motorsports technologies. With the project having taken too long (set for a 2003 release), The Seven50 was released in 2005, in the midst of financial difficulties and a brand in sore need of an image refresh. It featured a carbon tub construction with a supercharged 5 liter KHT V8, and was built wholly in KHT’s facility in Germany. Featuring a host of highly advanced technologies such as direct injection and active aero with air brake function, this hyper GT broke the mold on release and helped cheapen carbon fiber technology for both Dimension and KHT in the future. Many technologies in this car went into it’s direct successor the Boson GT.

A luxury Hyper Tourer like no other, the Seven50 has no weaknesses in any department. Whether to look stylish driving up to a nightclub, or to chase down down supercars on the track, it’s equally capable of doing both.

Sound:

##Technical Data

Engine

Code: KH-8-50-S
Configuration: Aluminum Alloy 5 liter 60 degree V8 Crossplane
Heads: Aluminum Alloy 24 valve DOHC with VVT
Heads: EATON Roots Supercharger with air to air intercooler
Fueling: Direct Injection with Independent Throttle Bodies
Recommended Fuel: 95 octane
Redline: 8200 RPM
Power: 750 HP (claimed, Actual Output is 732 on street mufflers and exhaust) @ 7700 RPM
Torque: 749 NM @ 5700 RPM
Transmission: 6 speed Single Clutch Sequential by ZF with torsen diff
Engine Weight: 240.5 KG

Chassis
Code: CLR99
Body: Carbon Monocoque with Carbon Body Panels
Tires: F 295mm R 295mm R21 Toyo Proxes R888 R Compound Tires
Suspension: F Double Wishbone R Multilink with gas dampers and KHT Advanced Sway Bars (Semi Active)
Brakes: F 3 piston 350mm R 1 Piston 275mm Vented and Slotted Disc with ABS
Curb Weight: 1449 KG
Safety: Driver and Passenger Airbag with Explosive door release
Steering: Hydraulic Assist
Driver Aids: TCS and ECS

Interior

Seats: SABELT Premium Leather Adjustable Buckets with electric adjustment and heater function
Dashboard: Premium Leather stitched dashboard with carbon fiber center console and interior trims
Stereo: LCD Touchscreen with integrated Sat Nav with 8 speaker unit (2 A pillar, 2 Door, 2 Headrest, 2 rear parcel shelf)

Performance Stats

Power to Weight: 517 HP Per Tonne
0-60: 3.9
Top Speed: 205 MPH
250m Cornering Test: 1.44 G @ 132.8 MPH
60-0: 86 ft
1/4 mile: 11.22 @ 141 MPH
MRLS Lap: 1:33.90
Nordeschleife: 7:15.49
Automation TT: 2:00.19

Production Figures and Pricing

2005: 925 units
2006: 724 units
2007: 426 units
2008: 325 units

Total Production: 2400 Units

Price when new: $300,000

10 Likes

Mmm, I love the look of those lights :smiley:

That side vent is bonkers. I love it!

Also, come again, how fast can this thing lap the Nurburgring?!

You read it right, 7:15.49!

Probably the final Dimension car until the Unreal Update. Though most of it will be familiar faces just redone in the new engine. And I’ll tone down on the supercars too.

3 Likes

NEW CAR!! Unreal appears to not be coming any time soon so might as well make some more. Yet another remake because the original was kind of crap.

##2009 Dimension Hadron SE 2.5

You’ve made it. The economy is in shambles, but you got promoted to shift manager in your fast food outlet. You are a success and climbing up the corporate ladder from here on is a breeze. And now you need a new car, for the new you. The new Dimension Hadron fits you to a T. Look, sound, and think professional, but everyone knows you’re not quite there yet.

##Technical Data

Engine

Code: JN25DI
Configuration: 2.5 liter inline 6 aluminum alloy
Aspiration: Naturally Aspirated
Fueling: Bosch Direct Injection with single throttle
Recommended Fuel: 95
Redline: 7000 RPM
Power: 220 HP @ 7000 RPM
Torque: 235 NM @ 5100 RPM
Transmission: 6 speed automatic/6 speed manual with viscous diff FR
Engine Weight: 138 KG

Chassis

Code: BTM30
Body: Advanced Steel monocoque with aluminum body panels
Suspension: F Double Wishbone R Multilink with 1st gen Dimension Intelligent Ride Control
Brakes: F 3 piston 350mm R 1 piston 310mm solid disc with ABS
Curb Weight: 1413 KG
Safety: Driver and Passenger Airbag with body reinforcement and parking sensors
Steering: Electric Assist
Driver Aids: TCS and ESC

Interior

Seats: Imitation leather Electric Seats with heater function
Dash: Soft plastic dash with steel trim and keyless entry
Stereo: Clarion LCD screen with satnav and climate control
Seating: 4

Performance Stats

Power to Weight: 156 HP Per Tonne
0-60: 7.5 (6.5 manual)
Top Speed: 135 MPH (144 MPH manual)
60-0: 100ft
1/4 mile: 15.54 @ 91 MPH (14.82 @ 94 MPH manual)

##2011 Dimension Hadron Spec R GT 2.5

The last generation’s Hadron SSP was a sales failure due to poor mileage, and that it was almost as expensive as a Paradox, not to mention the fact that the Spec R available outside the country was more desired by enthusiasts. The Spec R formally made its appearance in the US market in 2011, featuring a twin turbocharged 2.5 liter I6, but this time all wheel drive was cut to save costs.

##Technical Data

Code: JN25DITT
Configuration: 2.5 liter inline 6 aluminum alloy
Aspiration: Parallel Twin Turbo with Air to Air intercooler
Fueling: Bosch Direct Injection with ITBs
Recommended Fuel: 95
Redline: 8200 RPM
Power: 430 HP @ 7600 RPM
Torque: 430 NM @ 6800 RPM
Transmission: 6 speed manual with torsen diff FR
Engine Weight: 164 KG

Chassis

Code: BTM30
Body: Advanced Steel monocoque with aluminum body panels
Suspension: F Double Wishbone R Multilink with 1st gen Dimension Intelligent Ride Control
Brakes: F 3 piston 350mm R 1 piston 310mm vented disc with ABS
Curb Weight: 1531 KG
Safety: Driver and Passenger Airbag with body reinforcement and parking sensors
Steering: Electric Assist
Driver Aids: TCS and ESC with launch control

Interior

Seats: Imitation Leather RECARO Sports Seats with heater function
Dash: Soft plastic dash with faux carbon trim and keyless entry
Stereo: Clarion LCD screen with satnav and climate control

Performance Stats

Power to Weight: 280 HP Per Tonne
0-60: 4.2
Top Speed: 170+ MPH
250m Cornering Test: 1.25 G @ 123.5 MPH
60-0: 93 ft
1/4 mile: 12.54 @ 117 MPH
MRLS: 1:42.66
Nordeschleife: 7:59.25

Pricing

2009 SE Manual: $26,150 (50% Mark Up)
2009 SE Auto $27,450 (50% Mark Up)
2011 Spec R $ 39,000 (70% Mark Up)

8 Likes

This is more like it. An AWD Hadron would have been easier to control, but I still find the rear-drive versions more appealing.

The front end of that Spec R trim… :ok_hand:

And we are back in business after 2 years! Phew this thread makes me nostalgic.

Like the Assoluto thread most of my cars will probably UE4 remakes of Kee cars but I’m sure they’re exciting enough to keep your interest.

1994 Dimension Rift 2.0 LSi (GCP92)

Model displayed is the top of the line LSi trim with the 2 liter DOHC motor in Castelia Yellow.

Few things exude as much charm as a 90s compact sedan and the Rift is nothing else if not charming. An sleek yet friendly design helps keep it relevant in the fierce battleground of 90s compacts especially the offerings from Japan. Like its overseas competitors, its also no slouch on technology, packing all sorts of features that were only seen on sports or luxury cars just ten years ago.

Specifications

Engine

Code: LE20EI
Configuration: 2.0 liter inline 4 cast iron
Head: Cast Iron 16 valve DOHC with VVT
Aspiration: Natural
Fueling: Denso Electronic Fuel Injection with single injector
Recommended Fuel: 86 AKI/90 RON
Redline: 6400 RPM
Power: 127 HP @ 6300 RPM
Torque: 167 NM @ 3700 RPM
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Transverse FWD
Engine Weight: 156 KG
EPA MPG: 29.4 MPG

Chassis
Code: GCP92
Body: Corr. Resistant Steel Monocoque with partial alu body panels
Suspension: F Double Wishbone R Multilink with progressive springs and gas dampers
Tires: F 190mm R 190mm R15 Touring Tires
Brakes: F 2 Piston 300mm Solid Disc R 1 piston 260mm solid disc
Curb Weight: 1159 KG
Safety: Driver and Passenger airbag standard on LSi trim
Steering: Variable Hydraulic

Interior
Seats: Cloth reclining seats with optional faux leather seats as dealer option
Dash: Hard vinyl dash with faux wooden trim
Radio: Clarion Head Unit with 4 Speaker System
Seating: 5

MSRP for LSi model: $21,500

1995 Dimension Rift SSP4R (GCP94)

Group A rallying was serious business for many manufacturers and it is no different for us. The 1994 Rift featured advanced construction such as partial aluminum bodywork and double wishbone/multilink suspension which might have had something to do with preparing the car as a competition platform. We are not liberty to say. The results speak for themselves however; the SSP4R became an iconic sports car in road and rally guise. A 320 HP turbocharged motor paired with full time all wheel drive for an affordable price are just some of the reasons why.

Engine

Code: LE20TI
Configuration: 2.0 liter inline 4 cast iron
Head: Cast Iron 16 valve DOHC with VVT
Aspiration: Ball bearing Turbo
Fueling: Denso Electronic Fuel Injection with independent throttle bodies
Recommended Fuel: 90 AKI/95 RON
Redline: 7500 RPM
Power: 321 HP @ 7000 RPM
Torque: 371 NM @ 4600 RPM
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Transverse AWD with viscous differential
Engine Weight: 171 KG
EPA MPG: 20 MPG

Chassis
Code: GCP92
Body: Corr. Resistant Steel Monocoque with partial alu body panels
Suspension: F Double Wishbone R Multilink with Gas dampers
Tires: F 245mm R 245mm Sports All Season Tires with BBS alloy wheels
Brakes: F 2 Piston 350mm vented Disc R 1 piston 320mm vented disc with ABS
Curb Weight: 1344 KG
Safety: Driver and Passenger airbag standard
Steering: Variable Hydraulic

Interior
Seats: Recaro Sport Bucket seats with cloth rear seats from base ESi 4 seater trim.
Dash: Hard vinyl dash with chrome trim
Radio: Clarion Head Unit with door speakers from ESi trim

Performance
Power to weight: 238 HP per Tonne
0-60: 5.2 s
1/4 mile: 13.5s
Top Speed: 155 MPH

MSRP: $31,400

And a first for me the car is exported for you to mess around in BeamNG even if I don’t own the game!

Rift - SSP Turbo 4WD.car (43.8 KB)

7 Likes

Y e s

What better way to revisit Automation after all these years than to remake my first cars I ever posted here?

Dimension Paradox (2005-2014)

America’s premier sports car returns for its 5th generation. Although the chassis remains mostly similar to the previous generation, key structural improvements such as switching from fiberglass to aluminum body panels reduce NVH and improve rigidity while retaining light weight. The rear suspension has also changed to a multilink design to further improve ride and handling.

2005 Dimension Paradox Targa (CJZ20)

Targa model pictured in Moray Red

Major changes for the new generation start with the new VE62SE engine, the latest of the new aluminum small block OHV V8 series that made its debut in the 4th generation Paradox. The 62SE now displaces 6.2 liters, and produces 406 hp. Improvements to the exhaust and fueling system have resulted in better performance and fuel economy. Special attention was placed towards minimizing engine weight; the engine weighs just 484 lb. This allows the Paradox to achieve 50:50 weight distribution for stellar handling even in its base trim.

Thanks to the new aluminum body, the 5th generation Paradox is quieter, safer and more rigid than ever. The Targa coupe achieves similar stiffness as the previous generation hardtop coupes. An all new 6 speed automatic transmission with manual mode allows drivers to shift their own gears whenever they please, while retaining smooth cruising manners. A tall ratio allows the Paradox to achieve above 30 mpg at highway speeds. New for this generation is the standard IntelliDamp adaptive damping and IntelliRoll semi active sway bar systems, improving ride and performance and adjustable from the cabin.

Paradox Targa in Carbide Black

With 406 hp and a curb weight of just 3130 lb, the Paradox can do 0-60 in 4.5 seconds; the quarter mile is dealt with at 12.66 seconds. Large ABS equipped vented discs stop the vehicle in under 117 ft with minimal fade. 235mm front and 265mm rear section Goodyear Eagle Sport tires allow a the Paradox to pull 1.08 G on the skidpad, while a Torsen differential and traction/stability control keep the car safe and predictable under hard driving.

Specifications

Engine
VE62SE AlSi 6.2 liter 16 valve OHV 60 degree V8
Maximum Power
406 HP @ 5800 RPM
Maximum Torque
582 NM @ 4400 RPM
Weight 3140 lb
Redline
6300 RPM
Transmission
6 Speed Automatic with Torsen Differential
Suspension
F Double Wishbone R Multilink with adaptive dampers and sway bars
Wheels F 235mm R 265mm Goodyear Eagle Sport Tires with 17 Inch Alloy Wheels
Power to Weight
285 HP Per Tonne
0-60 4.5 Seconds
Top Speed
180 MPH/290KMH (Electronically Limited)
1/4 Mile
12.66 s
20m cornering
1.08 G
60-0 117 ft/35.5m

MSRP: $45,000 as pictured.

2006 Dimension Paradox GRF (CJZ21)

GRF model pictured in Celestial Yellow

The GRF model returns for the 2006 model year to once again provide supercar slaying performance and technology at affordable prices. Exclusive to the GRF is the monstrous GE70RE, a 7 liter 7200 RPM screamer that pushes the limits of pushrod engine performance, pumping out 513 hp and 628 nm of torque. To achieve this level of power reliably, a new billet crank and lightweight pistons were used. The engine is also balanced to +/- 0.1g between parts to reduce strain. A dry sump oiling system is used to reduce center of gravity and ensure proper oiling even under hard track driving.

Extensive visual changes were made to differentiate the GRF and the base coupe. Wider flared arches house 255mm front and 305mm rear Goodyear Eagle F1s, and the wheel size went up an inch to fit 4 piston 355m discs up front and 2 piston 325mm brakes at the rear. A large carbon fiber splitter sits under the redesigned front fascia, and thanks to the smooth underbody; the Paradox GRF produces no lift even at high speeds. In the interest of rigidity, the roof is now bolted shut, and two magnesium rails connecting the windshield to the B pillar were installed.

GRF model pictured in Mesa Orange Pearl

A 6 speed manual transmission with a Torsen differential is the only choice of transmission, mostly the same as the unit found in the base model. A tall ratio allows a cruising MPG of 24. Despite the additional chassis reinforcing and a larger engine, the GRF weighs just 20 lb more than the Targa, thanks to extensive weight saving measures such as reduced sound insulation, lighter seats, and less equipped sound system.

Thanks to these figures, the GRF rockets to 60 mph in just 3.7 seconds, and past the quarter mile in 11.6 seconds. The car is capable of 1.23 G of lateral acceleration on the skidpad and stops from 60 mph in just 104 ft. High speed testing at Dimension’s proving grounds have shown a top speed of above 200 mph. It has also recorded a time of 2:04.51 on the Automation Test Track.

Specifications

Engine
VE70RE AlSi 7 liter 16 valve OHV 60 degree V8
Maximum Power
513 HP @ 6800 RPM
Maximum Torque
628 NM @ 4800 RPM
Weight 3160 lb
Redline
7200 RPM
Transmission
6 Speed Manual with Torsen Differential
Suspension
F Double Wishbone R Multilink with adaptive dampers and sway bars
Wheels F 255mm R 305mm Goodyear Eagle F1 Tires with 18 Inch Alloy Wheels
Power to Weight
358 HP Per Tonne
0-60 3.7 Seconds
Top Speed
206 MPH/330KMH
1/4 Mile
11.6 s
20m cornering
1.23 G
60-0 104 ft/32m
Automation TT time 2:04.51

MSRP of $67,000 as pictured

2009 Dimension Paradox FRM (CJZ22)

FRM model pictured in Astro Blue Metallic

Many have questioned the appropriateness of launching a 640 hp $90,000 sports car fresh out of a recession, but Dimension argues that this is the exact car that is needed to lift spirits in these trying times. With no expense spared during its construction, the FRM is the pinnacle of the Paradox lineup in performance, technology and price.

FRM model pictured in Astro Blue Metallic

The VE62SP engine is a twin turbocharged variant of the VE62 found in the base Paradox, chosen for its thicker block compared to the VE70. Thanks to a pair of ball bearing IHI turbochargers, output is at a ridiculous 644 HP and torque is at an earth shattering 930 NM. Response was the ultimate goal with this engine, and so a new intake manifold with individual throttle bodies were installed. The turbines were also specified to be as small as possible and at a modest boost level to reduce turbo lag and spool time. In addition, the balancer shaft has been removed to reduce weight and free up throttle response even further. As if that wasn’t enough, the transmission features a shorter ratio than other models for even quicker acceleration.

As the competition constantly upped their game with faster cars built to attack lap records, the FRM must respond in kind. An aggressive aero package includes a larger front splitter, rear spoiler and a specially designed underbody to produce up to 286 lb of downforce. A new carbon fiber hood with a lexan window is the most defining feature of the FRM, showing off the new ITB equipped intake manifold. The roof and A pillars are now made from carbon fiber to reduce weight and lower the center of gravity.

FRM model pictured in Talcum White

To combat the weight increase from the new turbocharged engine, the FRM features new magnesium 18" 5 spoke wheels, and carbon ceramic brakes as standard equipment. Also making its debut on the FRM is the 2nd generation IntelliRide and IntelliRoll body control systems, featuring a fully active damper and sway bar system to ensure a great ride even with the stiffer suspension. The Paradox FRM is equipped with massive 275mm front and 325mm rear section Michellin Pilot Sport Cup tires for ultimate track performance.

But don’t let these changes fool you to believe this is an all out track machine; the FRM is the first Dimension model equipped with the RoadSuite infotainment system, designed for seamless integration with iPhones, Android, Symbian, and Blackberry phones.

Such figures can only mean amazing performance, and the Paradox FRM certainly does not dissappoint. Brutal acceleration and traction means 0-60 takes just 3.3 seconds and the 1/4 mile is done at 10.86 seconds. Massive R compound tires let the FRM pull 1.35 G on the skidpad and result in a blazing Automation Test Track lap of just 1:58.16, a 6 second improvement over the already quick GRF.

Specifications

MSRP of $105,000 as specified

Engine
VE62SP AlSi 6.2 liter 16 valve OHV 60 degree V8 with Twin Turbochargers
Maximum Power
643 HP @ 5800 RPM
Maximum Torque
935 NM @ 4300 RPM
Weight 3260 lb
Redline
7200 RPM
Transmission
6 Speed Manual with Torsen Differential
Suspension
F Double Wishbone R Multilink with active dampers and sway bars
Wheels F 275mm R 325mm Michellin Pilot Sport Cup Tires with 18 Inch Magnesium Wheels
Power to Weight
435 HP Per Tonne
0-60 3.3 Seconds
Top Speed
218 MPH/350KMH
1/4 Mile
10.86 s
20m cornering
1.35 G
60-0 98 ft/30m
Automation TT time 1:58.16
7 Likes