Direct Injection

Seeing that PottoGadd has been supposedly banned I have revived my car reviewing thread, which also has a new name! Someone noted a while ago that the name “Injection” sounded like injecting drugs so now I have changed it so it is better. Now I have called it Direct Injection so it so actually related to cars and not other things… :worried:

A few things you need to know:

School is coming soon so reviews will not be frequent. I am limiting myself to only 3 reviews allowed, so I will only accept 3 cars to review so I can get other stuff like homework and studying done first. I will have a lot of work to do since it is my first year of high school!

Since I will be needing to do homework and study for tests and stuff I would like someone to help me out here. Two things that come to mind are a second writer and someone who can photoshop and stuff if they want to. So if anyone is looking for something to do here is your opportunity!

Reviews:

Comparisons:

Writers:

• Speedemon

Reviewing Calculations: (WIP)

So if anyone is interested they car send in a car or get a job here. :slight_smile:

Would you do older cars, say from the 50s-60s onward?

Just a question is all :smile:

I have a perfect car for that era :grin:

Anyways, @Speedemon are you sure you have the time? I mean, there is the AGPS that has been delayed a few weeks and the brand new competition guide…

Don’t worry. I can do this stuff in the week and AGPS on the weekend. I probably won’t be posting stuff everyday but more like every week or so.

Fair enough. I’m not saying it because of the possible lack of content, but rather for the effect that long runing challenges have in the OP.
For example, when I ran the AMWEC every week was harder to get into it, it went from something fun to an obligation. And as today, I almost no play at all automation at all, because of the magazine, the moding (yes, I’m still doing it, but to a slowish rate), real life and so on.

I second this, the point where it crosses from exciting to commitment to plain drudgery takes most by surprise until they actually get used to it. My one strong recommendation is that you should at least have the experience of finishing something major before starting anything else big or you’ll never elevate yourself above the most occupied rank of Starts Out Strong Then Collapses Well Before Finish Line Every Single Time. It is actually a quantum leap to go from not finishing to finishing. Once you do, you’ll attain new powers and will be equipped to actually go on to complete other things (sillyworld struggled to finish AMWEC but did and look how much cool stuff he’s doing now!)

It also gets exponentially, not arithmetically more difficult to finish things the more you have on your plate. Human multitasking is a misnomer, we can only truly focus our attention meaningfully on one thing at a time :stuck_out_tongue: unless you can absolve yourself of responsibility by delegating (I’m waiting in someone to proofread my lengthy and long overdue article from 2 years back), it’ll also just add stress to your day, every day it isn’t published, unless you’re an asshole who doesn’t feel guilty about not honouring your promises.

You all have good points. I know that this could be a challenge to complete. Thankfully I know when and where I can do these things so I should be able to fimish what I’ve started. :slight_smile:

My biggest issue with writing reviews is that i need a 3rd monitor :sunglasses:. The only part i dont like when doing reviews/comparisons is the writing. I simply dont like writing and i really dont think im good at it. But its worth it to see how other people design cars, and the information i gather to compare them to real world counter parts is always intresting, like spending 30 mins looking the frame on the ND miata after simply looking up its “bill of materials” so to speak.

Whenever I try to do anything even Slightly Challenging or creative(I rarely do anymore) I normally start off weak, either give up or just force myself to finish but take way too long to do anything and it always feels like just plain drudgery and the end result is always terrible, any advice?

There’s probably a million pieces of advice one Google search away, and the reason I start by mentioning that is because you’re probably in a better position to judge how well each of those would apply to you, as we don’t know your experience or situation.

But for me the basic principle is, if you’re in a rut, take a breather. If you’ve been doing the same thing for a long time, try a fresh thing or a new approach. And if you’re thinking about something new that may take longer than a single session, break it down into smaller parts or even shrink the initial goal. Climbing a small hill is more useful than trying to scale a huge mountain and not even being able to start.

If anyone has a car they want to get reviewed they can send it to me but I will start reviewing the cars after April 30th and with the non-open beta if the full open beta doesn’t get released until then.

Sorry for a double post but I will take open beta cars now so if you have a car you want reviewed contact me! :slight_smile:

no car theme whatsoever?

Not yet. This is for reviews not challenges.

Did you receive my car, Speedemon?

Yes but I am updating and reviewing the cars later.

Any news?

So far open beta reviews are now open but I want to create a calculation for reviewing cars before I start.

New ETA?

I have a lot of stuff going on with go karting and the end of the school year so I don’t have a lot of time to do this, but I will create some calculations for reviews soon hopefully.

EDIT: I also want to either get a better computer to run automation or get automation running on Linux if the UE4 update doesn’t use DX10 or 11.