Direct Injection

I think that since PottoGadd has been banned (idk why) and he can’t do reviews anymore that I will revive my old thread. I would like help doing this since high school is coming and will have to study and stuff. I will probably have time to do some writing on the weekends, but if anyone wants to review cars and help me out that would be great! :slight_smile: Also if anyone really wants to they could photoshop the cars that a reviewed for a fancy picture of the car! I think that I can improve my writing skills by writing about the cars you make. If anyone is interesting they can send in cars. I have a few rules though:

1. I will only take three cars at a time so I don’t have a thousand cars to review.

2. Only cars that are produced in the year 2016. I don’t mean created in 2016, you can have a car from around lets say 2008 or 2007 if you want that I can review but it has to be reviewed in the year 2016.

So yea. That is how I plan things, and if anyone is interested, please send a PM and I will hopefully review your car. Check the OP for updates.

hmm… i have a car up for review. one minute to export.

Please speedemon, just… please
Don’t want to disencourage you, but, you always start with “school is close so I may have not the time…” and we never see results of any of your projects. I’m still waiting (not really) the review of a car I send you a few months ago :no_mouth:
As a general rule of thumb, if you’re not committed to something, is less likely that somebody else is committed enough to help you run something you’re not even paying enough attention.

Last time I was reviewing cars I didn’t have proper calculations that I needed to complete my reviews but now I have created the calculations and I have free time, so I am good for now. I am going to study and do homework mostly doing the week but my brother who is also in high school has enough time to do plenty of things so I am positive I can do these reviews, but I am not going to be uploading reviews every day or anything. Maybe once or twice every week. If I have enough time I could do more. I am going to get started right now actually. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll admit coasting through high school is pretty easy, but remember school work is more important than a game :slight_smile: (just don’t let us hanging and at least tell us what happened)

#LED Queen

At first when I heard I got an opportunity to drive the Mirai R 2 door I thought I was about to sit behind the wheel of a simple small coupe or something. Instead I was sitting in something that looked like the Starship Enterprise from star trek. If I was able to count to infinity I might be able to count the number of LED lights on the car. Let’s try. 1… 2… 3… 4…

Although it looks like something with warp drive that can get you from earth to the moon in 1 second, it actually can’t. Instead it has a top speed of 238 kph. Which isn’t that bad for a car which has only 101 hp. The small 1.65 liter inline 4 engine also churns out 140 ft lb of torque. The small amount of hp means that this car is able to get over 50 MPG. Not to mention how low emissions it produces.

Now it is pretty cheap, going for around the same price as an elantra. So I expected the interior to be pretty basic, which it was, but what surprised me was the amount of driver assists there were. Thanks to them, the steering felt pretty sharp and responsive. But it didn’t do the best on the skidpad even with all the assists on. The suspension is slightly stiff, but it is hard to notice unless you are on a pretty bumpy road. Getting back to the interior, even though it is just a standard interior with pretty basic materials there is close to no noise at all. The gutless engine helps with that too. Passenger space isn’t the best though. Sitting in the back I am close to being able to smash my head on the roof. The sloped rear isn’t great but then again, why would I sit in the back of a two door car? If I had children I would put them in the back, but it would be annoying without a fourth door. Doesn’t matter because I don’t have children. Probably never will so I could use the back seats for luggage or groceries.

So the Mirai R 2 door is good on gas and the environment. It has all the assists on the market today, and that is generally a good thing. But it does have flaws, like any other car does. So it is quite an average car, besides looking like the Starship Enterprise and having about twice as many lights too.

###Specs:

Engine: 1.6 L Turbocharged inline-4

Redline: 5600rpm

Power: 101hp@5600rpm

Torque: 140ft-lb@2000rpm

0-100 (km/h): 13.3

80-120 (km/h): 9.7

Top Speed: 238.6 km/h

###Score: 92

I know it is not the best but I hope to improve my writing so my reviews are better to read. Feedback is appreciated. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good read
just personally i would like to see reviews like this not use real world cars at all as competitors rather refer to cars from Automation and the many car companies on these forums

1 Like

You have all those complaints and still gave it a 92?

I have made a scoring system and the total amount of points is over 100. The system gave the car a score of 92, and the total amount of points is at least 125. My system does need some changes but for now that is what the car gets.

1 Like

Why is there no cheesecake imoji? This makes me sad. :disappointed:

Well lets get on to the important stuff. I have not abandoned this, if you have a car in the new update I will take it and review it, in a much better format than last time. Much, much better. So if the devs can fix the forum and add a cheesecake imoji that would be great.

EDIT: I am also searching so if anyone could recommend a comparison or test to do on another car, that would be great too.

Hey, Speedemon.
You don’t mind reviewing bad cars right?

CAR magazine reviewed an MG so I shouldn’t mind it.

4 Likes

maybe a small suggestion, if your scoring system’s gonna be out of more than 100, maybe you should place a denominator so we know that you’re not giving a crap car 92/100 :stuck_out_tongue:

I have been considering either scrapping the scoring system or completely re-doing it, so I might not need to do that in the future, but we shall see.

Can I apply to be a writer in this magazine too? @Speedemon

So, anything special I need to do to get my car reviewed?

Yes. Something very special. PM me the car files. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Alright, heres the question again. Should I make a better scoring system, or should there be no scoring system at all? Vote:

• Better System
  • No System

0 voters

1 Like

What system? Scoring system or…?

Scoring system. I shall edit the post then.

EDIT: We are currently at 50/50 so unless more people actually vote I can’t decide what to do. :confounded:

ANOTHER EDIT: I would appreciate it if people would send in cars that are being produced in the year 2016, but we will do retro reviews for those who really want an old car reviewed. I don’t know if this will use the possibly updated scoring system or not but we will still be able to do it.