Drag Racing Challenge ROUND 13: 3 Cylinders Light Weight Sport Budget! Deadline 15/11/2016

I didn’t really want to. Will do that

I have a quite accurate replica right now.
But there is a bug with that body, FWD does not fit, but AWD does. What a crap.
Anyway, I modified my car into a Quattro that existed with that engine in Europe. The engine is also adapted to the quattro one with a little more torque.
Accelleration, speed and output fits, weight and consumption are a little higher.
Well, the only thing to complain about is the extensive use of quality sliders for the engine.

Should be a huge loss to weight with next to no major downsides. And I gotta try and make an 86 carolla but the non carolla body will not fit a 1.6 fwd engine…grrrr fucking grrrrr fuxking whats the point fyckn arrrrrr cranky!!!

2 Likes

You’re all whining with a full belly. I need to replicate a Flex engine in a 840kg body.

1 Like

Ok a question. I bought my corrola in 1999 modified it for 2 years before getting my license do i build the car in 1986 with the original enginge or do i build it in 1999 with the transplanted mr2 engine?

all. the. stroke.

This sounds like fun, but I must ask… Would this be the first car I had a loan on but never had a title or the first car that I had the title to?

I think that any of the 2 is fine.

1 Like

Hmpf, it helped just 20 kg, it is no help.

I was hoping for a definitive answer, otherwise, I’m going to be hard pressed to make a decision between the two.They are both quite quick, however, I suspect one would be better suited to the HLC, while the other was built to drift (yes, I’ve had a few tickets).

This is a nightmare!!! I didn’t realise that what seemed to me to be a simple concept would have such trouble being implemented! :scream::confounded::scream:

This is meant to be fun, not a chore so I’m changing the rules…

1: Select a musclecar from the 60’s or 70’s; pick your favourite one and tell us why

2: Build the car in 1991 (No 5pd man or 4 spd auto) and mod the engine (if desired) from it’s original spec (Only mechanical or SPFI, NO multipoint!).

1. Talk smack about others because winner takes all!!!

4: Profit!!!

3 Likes

Aw man I was just starting to have fun building a Kia :laughing:

Sorry about your inconvenience but my original idea was clearly much better in my head than as a competition! :grin:

IMO I think the DRC will be better off with the second set of rules as it’ll attract more players etc. :innocent:

3 Likes

I don’t understand what I am supposed to build. Sorry lads, but I’m gonna skip this round.

@Detsikeulii, you’re supposed to:

Well, I could try to build something that fits that ruleset. But uhh… The car I want to build isn’t really a muscle car, but it’s big, heavy, it has terrible power/capacity ratio, has a V8 and it’s made in the US of A.

No wait, in that case it checks out all muscle car boxes. Well, I’m off to build.

2 Likes

Ok, I am throwing my Audi in the bin. This is what my girlfriends wants since we first met years ago! Too bad for her its just virtually… I’d never break up with my lovely shitbox as long as the engine runs.

------- switch to 1991 --------

CMTs founder has retired in the late 80s and is quite bored. As he is in an impressive state for his age, he bought an old muscle car just out of a mood. It was a bargain, as it was a leaking piece of rust.
For his 75th birthday, the CMT company took it, overhauled it and made this completely rebuild car a gift to him. Of course, he wanted to see what that car can do, and he sent it with an experienced driver to a drag challenge.

2 Likes

just checking on what deadline and track we are running

There aren’t enough details in the rules for me to want to enter the challenge, but I will show the muscle car I built inspired by these rules.

Shelby AC Cobra 427

5 Likes

Looks are final (looks derpy as hell, I know) but it’s mechanically not ready yet.

1978 Oldsmobile Delta 88, with a souped up 403 Rocket V8.

I’ve got a thing for Delta, and I’m not sure why…

5 Likes