Drag Racing Challenge ROUND 13: 3 Cylinders Light Weight Sport Budget! Deadline 15/11/2016

DUDE WHAT THAT LOOKS AMAZING

1 Like

Thanks mate, that means a lot. :relaxed: Iā€™m a bit of a perfectionist, so Iā€™m very critical of my own work.

2 Likes

Itā€™s period accurate but still a little futuristic looking with well proportioned accents and headlights and a grille that goes perfectly with it. Nice job! You might just want to use spacers to stick out the front wheels a little.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a good thing I had my F-150 first. Although, the Mustang is the first car that has my name on the title.

Edit: Son of a ā€¦

4 Likes

Trying to replicate an FF car with 6-speed auto, but I just canā€™t get the right 0-100 time. The real car is at 7.3, but I canā€™t get below 9.1, even with using a smaller body that fits the engine and weighs a little bit more. Any tips on what I can change in the trim to help this without a manual/sequential transmission or an LSD? I feel like itā€™s a limitation with the gameā€™s calculations, but Iā€™m hoping thereā€™s still something I can change to get closer to the real world times.

Tried to change the gear ratio and max speed?

I managed 8.9, but thatā€™s it. Thatā€™s the obvious thing to change but thereā€™s nothing I can do. I know the fuel economy, and thatā€™s right, top speed is also right, but 0-100 is much too slow. Any changes to the ratios raise it into the 9 second range.

Tyre size, wheel size, aerodynamics, quality sliders, you tried all, right?

I know the tire and wheel size and type (225/40r18), so those are also fixed values. Itā€™s not a very expensive car, so I canā€™t go too crazy with the sliders. Aero has little to no effect on the acceleration time, mostly the fuel economy and top speed that are already good.

So I think thatā€™s that. Sadly there are yet lots of limits at game calculationsā€¦

Iā€™m also stuck using the 2 Series coupe body, even though the Elantra coupe is closer in style because the engine simply doesnā€™t fit in the Hyundai.

With these issues, Iā€™ll just creatively change things (like adding an LSD) to get performance figures closer to the real car.

You guys realize the rules are for ā€œmuscle carsā€ now and not the ā€œfirst carā€ idea, right?

Woah, when did that change?

7 days ago. Drag Racing Challenge ROUND 13: 3 Cylinders Light Weight Sport Budget! Deadline 15/11/2016

lel these guys have their heads in the past

I just looked at the thread now, saw the title, and scrolled up until I saw the ruleset (as well as seeing some nice replicated cars). Welp, I wonā€™t bother in this case.

3 Likes

I knew, but I thought he was building a muscle, I was about to tell him that he could mod the engineā€¦

1 Like

I think there was only 1 FWD car that was ever considered muscle and that was the Oldsmobile Toronado with its longitudinal FWD layout. I donā€™t think that the longitudinal FWD is ready in the game yet, I know itā€™s there but I donā€™t think it is usable yet. At least the last time I tried it, it was very buggy.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the deasline?

to be determined