Drag Racing Challenge ROUND 13: 3 Cylinders Light Weight Sport Budget! Deadline 15/11/2016

Great, 'cause I hadn’t the time to think about a car yet.

deleted: didnt see the new rules for the round

Right deadline needs to b set please john

ok, 4th of November should suffice

Although we are required to enter vintage muscle cars for this round, must they be American?

Actually, no. So we are free to create replicas of Australian muscle cars (such as the XR to XB Falcon GT and HK to HX Monaro) if we are so inclined.

So long as it’s built according to those rules, I don’t care where it came from!

Any news from our racemaster? A deadline is way past due

I thinks that’s the deadline.
I’ll make my entry tomorrow.

yep, thats the deadline

Lmy bad must have missed it

1 Like

Searching for muscle cars to decide on one that I like the most, I saw that a lot of people considerate the De Tomaso Pantera as a Muscle car (probable because of the Ford 302 V8 it used) even thought it is a MR. It can be considerate as a Muscle for this challenge?

1 Like

They’re an odd fish but I certainly wouldn’t consider them to be a supercar. Muscle? Maybe.

Maybe a Italian kinde of muscle?
If it’s accepted then that’s what I’m building, since the game has it’s body.

1 Like

I would be ok with a Pantera one of my dream cars but I believe they had a 351 Cleveland with cobra jet cam, I think they were importing Clevelands from Australia…I think… I may be wrong

1 Like

The first ones ('71 - '88) used 351 Cleveland engines, the second ones ('88 - '90) used 351 Windsor and the last ones ('90 - '92) used 302 Windsor.
And the Pantera is one of my favorite cars too. First I didn’t like the MR layout, but these days I’m deeply in love with under 400hp MR cars (I’m still not a fan of super MR cars).

EDIT:
I didn’t understand one thing, we’re supposed to make a “copy” of the car and engine in 2001, but we can mode the engine, can we just put a fuel injection or we can mode other things, like the cylinder head?

You need to build the car in 1991 not 2001 @Nomade0013 .

Yes, Fuel injection options were included in the rules:

Oh, yeah 1991, sorry. So the car must have the same specs as the original? That’s the doubt.

Anyway, this is how it is until now:

4 Likes

Build the car in the relevant ORIGINAL date then make an engine variant for 1991 and you have to tune the ORIGINAL car to suit your “fully sick” modded engine!

So, just to be clear, you’ll have one trim @ date of original manufacture and a min of 2 engine trims (one in original spec, one in 1991 tuned spec)!

2 Likes

Ohhh crap. I made the whole car in '91 instead of the original '78. I truly hope that it’s possible to just change the year in the whole build, instead of making the car again from scratch.

I do believe that others have made this mistake as well, because:

I read this as: build the whole car in '91.

Just pointing out, no offence intended.

3 Likes

Thanks Detsikeulii, I thought I’d written the rule clearer than that! :flushed:

Follow Detsikeulii’s lead and just build the whole car in 1991 so that everyone can make a sweet ride and no-one gets DQ’d!

Massive apologies to anyone inconvenienced by my “clarification” :cold_sweat:

4 Likes