Drag Racing Challenge ROUND 13: 3 Cylinders Light Weight Sport Budget! Deadline 15/11/2016

Come on, guys! Where are the other cars?!

I asked the same question by myself. It seems like everyone just suddenly lost interest to this challenge.

Sad times weā€™re living.

Iā€™ve sat out nearly all the challenges so far because 1) school 2) time crunch 3) the ruleset doesnā€™t favour my limited building abilities :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

There will be a day when Iā€™ll stop racing in this challenge, but today is not this day!!!

1 Like

Huh? Why/what do you mean?

Just quoting Aragorn, in Lord of The Rings, hahaha

1 Like

It was a month since the last challengeā€™s results were posted (Oct 5th), and some people missed the current updated rules (that @HighOctaneLove posted 22 days ago) and had to start over building a different car. It took 13 days after HighOctaneLove updated his rules for @JohnWaldock to post a deadline. So there seems to be a good reason for people to have lost interest in this challenge.

2 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s true, the time can kill anything. But we canā€™t let it die, at least to me this is one of the funniest challenges of Automation Forum.

1 Like

I suggest that as things are all over the place that this round is abandoned :fearful: and to draw in more entries the ruleset is reworked ground up for Round 12 version 2 :yum: is this a good idea?

3 Likes

sorry about that, there was a lot of communication difficulties, and i posted a deadline as soon as i could, but was missed by @Darkshine5.

no one is to blame, it just fell apart, sadly.

1 Like

Yeah, I didnā€™t even notice when it happened and then suddenly I realized that I was missing one challenge. From where I see, we have 2 options, let this round be like it is and hope the next round will call the people back, or do as @ramthecowy says and call @HighOctaneLove to propose a new ruleset, making the round 12 v2. What do you guys think?

2 Likes

New ruleset is needed, yes. But I donā€™t know if it should be made by @HighOctaneLove or someone else (idk, anyone).

This ruleset just didnā€™t work. The underlying idea was good, but replicating real life cars in the game just isnā€™t too much fun and I think thatā€™s an another reason why this round didnā€™t get parcipants. The beauty of the game is that you can let your imagination fly, and this wasnā€™t that.

Oh, and @JohnWaldock, did anyone else enter a car to this round besides me? :laughing:

2 Likes

I did :grinning:/ I entered the DeTomaso Pantera.

1 Like

poll?

I think is a good idea

1 Like

yes, it was just the two of you. i did warn HOL about his original ruleset being too vague, and welp. yeah.

second ruleset was better, but, again, vague.

and i was a touch lax in getting it all sorted, so my apologies there.

3 Likes

Itā€™s alright John, we all got other things going on.
Good to see I wasnā€™t the only one wondering wtf was going down in Automation town. Iā€™d happily submit a vehicle if the requirements are tightened.

3 Likes

The deadline for this round is already passed. I propose that we let this round go, not creating a V2 and run it like normal. Two entries are enough to have a race, a winner, and a championā€™s pick. Then we can go ahead and recover for round 13.

3 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s a faster solution.

1 Like

iā€™ll get on that tomorrow

3 Likes