Drag Racing Challenge ROUND 13: 3 Cylinders Light Weight Sport Budget! Deadline 15/11/2016

that sounds great, now to wait on this 1v1 duel :smile:

3 Likes

Yess! My Olds Vs a DeTomaso Pantera! I’m pumped! :smile:

4 Likes

Bring it on! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

THE DUEL

for round 12, we take a look at some updated versions of classic Muscle cars. lets take a look

Oldsmobile Delta 88 @Detsikeulii

Big and imposing is somewhat of an understatement regarding this all black Olds '88.

from the outside, it all seems kosher, but under the hood, the 403 has been fitted with Tubular headers, straight thru mufflers on dual pipes, forged piston heads, and dual Edelbrock 4 tubs. all of which allows the chunky 6.6L lump to get to 374hp. the front suspension and all breaks have been swapped for some more modern units, but, other than that, it’s all stock, even the THM350 remains.

so it has all that power, but it’s still a 2000kg sedan.

DeTomaso Pantera @Nomade0013

now we have an Italian stallion to serve as the Olds’s rival. a ying and yang situation.

now, the engine on this one is nearly stock. just the addition of a combined long tubular header rounds out this 351ci Cleveland powered car to deliver a 1hp improvement over stock, giving 331hp in total.

the suspension, however, is where it really gets modern. dual pushrod setup replaces the standard setup, so if corners were a thing, this would excel. oddly enough, they’ve dispenced with the ZF 5-speed manual with what looks to be a Ford Toploader 4-speed manual. strange choice.

at jut 1350kg, it is a lot lighter than the competition. so that should count in it’s favour.

THE RACE

De Tomaso Pantera - 12:66

Oldsmobile Delta 88 - 16:52

Congratulations @Nomade0013!!!

7 Likes

Somehow I predicted this result :smile: It seems that having a yacht in a drag race isn’t very smart.

Oh and congratulations @Nomade0013 for besting me. It wasn’t too hard, now was it? :laughing:

1 Like

Hahahaha, I predicted it too, wasn’t a very fair race, but was a good race! :grinning:

Just to be fair with DeTomaso, the suspension is original, it had one of the most advanced suspensions from it’s time (or at least I think so, I can be wrong), And the engine has around 100Nm more torque then the original.

I’ll probably message the rules around tomorrow.

4 Likes

Congrats ya’ll! That Pantera was a great Idea, and you pulled it off really well @Nomade0013!

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

from what i’ve seen, it had double wishbone front and rear

You’re right, I just got another look and when I was building it I confused myself between the suspensions setups :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

DRC 13: 3 Cylinders Light Weight Sport Budget!

Trim year: 2017

Body:

• No limited production

Engine:

• 3 cylinder
  • Max 1.0L (1000cc)
  • Reliability: 70
  • Fuel: Premium (95 RON)
  • Loudness: 50
  • No race Intakes/Headers
  • Must use a catalytic converter

Car:

• Gearbox: No sequential
  • Tyres: No semi-slicks
  • Tyres mĂĄx width: 235
  • Brake fade: No brake fade (0%)
  • Minimum cooling
  • Safaty: Advanced

Stats:

• Drivability: 55
  • Sportiness: 30
  • Confort: 30
  • Economy: 40 mpg/US
  • Budget: 15,000 (+0%)

EDIT:
I don’t care what body you use, as long as it looks like something around 2017

5 Likes

This ruleset… is a little too specific don’t you think? Leaves very little in the way of variety in entries

I accept changing sugestions

I’ll leave that to @JohnWaldock’s judgement

i have said it’s OK. i like a specific ruleset to see how people can best exploit it.

1 Like

Really, if someone think anything can change, feel free to say.
If not, @Detsikeulii, let us know the champions pick rule/alteration and the track when you choose :wink:

Deadline?

1 Like

Track: Swanson 1/4 mile

Rule: FF only.

Post efficiency is the today’s word :smile:

1 Like

You just destroyed my plan of building a Mid-enginered AWD car :cry:
What can I do? Let’s build a FF then! :sunglasses:

Edit:
@JohnWaldock, it’s all set, all that’s left is the deadline :wink:

So, let’s build the cars!

AirJordan is not going to be happy that he can’t use a V12 :stuck_out_tongue: