Drag Racing Challenge ROUND 13: 3 Cylinders Light Weight Sport Budget! Deadline 15/11/2016

Damn, I found about 140kg useless weight (Who needs safety?) and could get even more kw. I think 105,1kw are not bad at all :slight_smile:

4 Likes

you need safety. advance 10’s is a must.

Does it have to do 40mpg?

Yes it is advanced 10’s but with less qualitiy.

Yep, at least 40mpg (US)

okay, ill fix my car then.

just checking.

IT CAME FROM THE CSR! Tare Zim to invade the drag strips!

This totally normal city car features Tare’s 1l NGI3 series engines with ACTEC-2 technology.
Developed for gracious goons and the terribly trendy, and for the odd hoons that appreciate the in-house aftermarket parts developed by MOSO.
The model here has gotten some highly advanced treatment: The entire header of the engine is upgraded to race spec and honed, with conrods and pistons upgraded along with it, so it can rev up to 11k. Oddly, the tuning is still somewhat sensible and allows for good fuel economy thanks to a milder mid range profile still present on the new cam. The Interior is stripped, most speakers removed, and for even more weight reduction, mad mag rims!
The result is a tiny Invader-Green space- ahem race-mobile.

Trivia:
The same car model is submitted to the CSR round 25!
Most things are actually kept the same from the CSR25 variant, except for the chassis, due to the ruleset here. I just pretend that Tare actually produces aluminium chassis cars in large quantity, so emulated the previous glued aluminium chassis by using AHS steel with reduced safety quality. It turned out to be about the same, but cheaper! Only the top speed was adjusted on the transmission, brake setup is the same, suspension remained unchanged.
Unlike its crazy 660cc I4 turbo variant with 270hp/l, this one is actually drivable! :sweat_smile:
Long tubular headers wouldn’t fit inside the engine bay, so it’s just tubular with quality.
I made some more power with that engine, until I realised that there were MPG requirements :sweat_smile:
This took a good amount of Shuffle Shuffle shuffle with the quality.
It’s on the cost ceiling, and just barely clears the comfort limit.
DOOM!

Oh, and don’t mind the naming above the design stats in the picture. I changed them up appropriately before submitting :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Just noticed the double post, next time try to edit your old post so you don’t make 2 posts in a row. :wink:

1 Like

I think (maybe!) new users are restricted to a certain amount of stuff per post ie one picture per post

1 Like

I think that that’s a good idea. Maybe some small restrictions should be imposed on people’s first 1-2 rounds. Maybe our small drag racing community could monitor it as a whole.

This is for the host and racemaster to decide, of course.

I think you misunderstand. @ramthecowy was just giving a reason that @Newtonmeter may have double posted.

Maybe I did. Sigh, sorry bad idea.

1 Like

Yeah, I know, but when I was new (not a long time ago) I didn’t know about the edit option, so I think is better to tell him, just in case.

1 Like

Hey, everything is okay, i will Edit the next time, The Forums where i usually hover around have a 5min edit time.

2 Likes

Theses.instant editing here, no need.to wait

OK entries are CLOSED

2 Likes

OK, most of you are good, but we have some trouble…

@Detsikeulii, your car is both undercooled and under reliability

@AirJordan, your car is WAY under unreliability

@Newtonmeter, Also not reliable enough

i will have to disqualify @gridghost because your 3rd revision was still not legal.

Actually, checking the rules, i AM legal… as is the others too… it says ENGINE reliability 70, not car.

1 Like

whoops, my bad.

i totally misread PLEAS NO KIL

3 Likes