DSD official thread Darkshine's Designs. Old page 2003-2015

Tyre cost here are horrendous so I have gone conservative to reflect that (ie a 225/45R19 would start at $140 AUD each tyre before fitting and balancing and that’s the cheapest crappiest type of tyre you can get)

So heavy because of safety but looking at it’s rivals it is very underweight Saratoga/Cassowary compared to commodre/falcon/Aurion (about 100-200kg’s for the saratoga and 100-150kgs with the cassowary)

Also keep in mind that to convert AUD to GBP the rate is $1AUD = 0.57GBP
AUD to EURO $1 AUD = 0.69 EURO
AUD to USD $1 AUD = 0.76 US dollars.
All shown prices are in AUD
so a top of the range Dr8 Cassowary would be 20088.49 GBP

And the Irukandii still had to be a “big” kei car/hot hatch to suit the Aussie market, we are a petty lot

1730kg
Ford Falcon FG: XR6 and XR6 Turbo
SPECIFICATIONS:
FORD FG FALCON XR6 FORD FG FALCON XR6 TURBO
Weight: 1730kg (approx) 1777kg (approx)
Speed at indicated 100km/h: 99 98
0-100km/h: 7.5sec* 5.2sec**

VF COMMODORE
Curb weight

1,622–1,780 kg (3,576–3,924 lb) (sedan)
1,717–1,866 kg (3,785–4,114 lb) (wagon)
1,656–1,733 kg (3,651–3,821 lb) (ute)

Toyota Aurion (XV40)
Length 4,825 mm (190.0 in)
Width 1,820 mm (71.7 in)
Height 1,470 mm (57.9 in)
Curb weight 1,590–1,630 kg (3,505–3,594 lb)

Ohh you’re going after the Commodore. That coupe body and HP made me think you were gunning after the Corvette.

no no we don’t have corvette’s here only just got mustangs again.

Austrlian performance cars are heavy very heavy and very thirsty
My demographic to compete directly against Ford/Holden/Toyota Australia

And my engine’s are HUGE lol with older tech still. It is Australia after all

don’t forget long straight roads and some are not speed limited

but technically the further inland you go the worse it gets. where I am they reckon every square metre contains something that can kill/hurt or make sick

we have the deadliest bird (cassowary) he most venomous snakes (inland tiapan) the most venomous spiders (Sydney funnel web spider) big lizards that are slightly venomous (goanna)
fish that if you step on can kill also most venomous fish in the world (stonefish) we also have the slightly less deadly Inala Bogan, the two headed Nanangonites, Sydney (its a shit hole and a cold one at that) I can keep going

oh and Nimbin!

Edit: @squidhead You know what you were saying about that 6 I made. well you were right even with DI VVL and VVT it’s simply not able to keep up with a simple older design v8. It’s getting scrapped

2 Likes

Work with a tuner company, create a power package for it, drop the price a bit, sell it as an optional extra.

Mate, this company does crate engines right?

Yes page 7 more will come after new computer tomorrow or u can swipe one from the saratoga or cassowary I only ask that if writing story content it is explained that the engine is manufactured by DSD

g’day guys I have 3 Irukandji DS special models available for sale within Automation If you are interested please let me know and I will PM you the car and owners manual.

Bangin gears out: DS5
edit: @ramthecowy no probs looking forward to a long and prosperous relations between Cowy cars and DSD lol.

1 Like

Thanks for taking up my offer, mate :wink:

1 Like

DSD Current line up as of 2015

• 2010-2015 Griffin 8
  • 2010-2015 Griffin DL6
  • 2010-2015 Griffin DR8
  • 2010-2015 Bogliq GL (Griffin by Leeroy)
  • 2015 Shark Sonic
  • 2015 Shark Stratosphere

DSD Current Engine Lineup as of 2015

Windsor RPG-DSD 5.4L twin turbo v8
DSD6 LRX42E (produced by Bogliq) 4.2L I6
DSD8 DR8 DI 8.1L v8
DSD6 LRX36AET (produced by Bogliq) 3.6L turbocharged I6
DSD4 SHARK 0.7L turbocharged I4

5 Likes

Thanks for purchasing a car I had made earlier - I’m sure you’ll enjoy it for a whole lot of reasons!

lol its part of the museum. It will be waxed weekly and driven around the DSD lot fortnightly. Other than that it’s part of my Car Collection and may see some hill climbing If I’m feeling like spending a shite load of cash to maintain it in this day and age.

This is a really clever idea. Curating a history of Automation… me gusta!

DSD SUED AFTER DEATHS CAUSED DUE TO CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING IN 7 SEPERATE INSTANCES EFFECTING 2014 IRUKANDJI DS MODELS
more to come in the next 24hrs.

In a crushing blow to DSD it has been found that Irukundji DS vehicles produced in 2014 (#1320-#1500) have a major design fault which has resulted in a total of 16 Death’s across the globe.
The fault is caused by the unique heater system in the vehicles circulating the EGR over the heater box mounted inside the vehicle. In some cases the outer heater box casing can corrode causing unfiltered exhaust gases to enter the cabin. This has only become an issue as the last 2014 models had a new lightweight plastic casing that over time simply melted.
DSD has recalled all 2014 Irukndji Ds models and re-payed in double the cost of the vehicle’s to the owners.
The case never went to court with DSD doing a deal before the proceedings could start.
In a statement the CEO says
“These families have lost people the least we can do is compensate them for this lose without dragging it through the courts. We were in the wrong it is as simple as that.”

The payout has said to cripple the company and from 2016 the only vehicles tor remain in production will be the Griffin sedans which are made by Bogliq. The DSD factories will be closed for the remainder of 2016. No mass produced vehicles will be seen for some time as CEO Darkshines has opted to continue paying those employees who now have lost their jobs.
The engine factories will remain open to produce DSD crate engines only and spare parts for the next 5 years.

2 Likes

.#blameDSD

#blameonlysamindaleavehimalone

4 Likes

pst, if you want a hastag, do this: \#_______ It ends up doing this:

#Blamesamindaleavedsdalone

1 Like

#i made a mistake don’t judge me

1 Like

This Is The Official Release Of The Road Going SARATOGA

The SARATOGA was unveiled as a concept model at the Paris auto show and after receiving so much interest in the car the final models were designed very quickly to start to fill orders

The new Saratoga is the re-birth of DSD after the infamous Irukandji Carbon Monoxide poisoning events.

When a private buyer contacted Darkshines needing a steady reliable supply of NASCAR spec 5.8L v8 engines after deciding to enter the NASCAR leagues, the jobs of over 500 people in the engine manufacturing plant located in Toowoomba Qld were saved. Shortly after this news the same manufacturer decided to enter the new V8 Supercars requiring a bulk order of 5L v8’s.
This further investment allowed DSD to rent the now closed Ford Broadmeadows buildings and luckily most of the original DSD equipment was unable to be sold and now good be put back to good use.

Reviving the SARATOGA name we designed a all new unique 2 door 4 seat coupe based around a glued aluminium monocoque body and chassis which utilizes double wishbone front suspension and a unique push rod rear suspension usually seen on hardcore racing vehicles.

The styling of the vehicle is influenced directly from Noble and Koenigsegg but packaged in a more user friendly Nissan 370Z style coupe dimensions. All models come equipped with day time running lights and H.I.D headlamps along with colored glass filament rear tail lights and turn indicators. Cooling is well addressed and controlled so that the air is consantly flowing in and out of the body at various points to keep the car from lurching around controlling body roll and downforce. Another unique feature to the new Saratoga is the twin-tri exhaust system which on the higher end models has 3 modes of exhaust by-pass which can be changed from the steering wheel to allow control of the volume level of the exiting exhaust gases.

The last point we wish to make about the 2017 Saratoga is that all Saratoga models are fitted with the engine in the front driving the rear wheels only. This is an entry into the world of high spec sports cars.

Individual models obviously have a few differences between them starting with the entry level Di trim.

The Di is the entry level model, it does however still contain the same basic suspension and brakes as all Saratoga’s do across the range. So even though this is the entry model it is still a capable sporty little car.

The suspension does change across the range however and the Di is fitted with progressive springs with adaptive damper shock absorbers and passive swaybars. The Di is not fitted with a rear spoiler however it does utilize under body lips and trays. Starndard wheels are 18" steel spoked wheels with 235/50R18 tyres.

The driveline is unique in the Di in that we at DSD have chosen to use a 1799cc inline 4 turbo Diesel (It runs on 80oct fuel). Power figures are not breath taking however with a total torque of 167Nm and only 91.2hp however we are looking into hybrid technology and in the future the diesel will only be used to charge the battery of the electric motor.
The driveline is finished off with a 6sp automatic gearbox and a viscous LSD.

Inside we find a basic but high quality 4 seat interior with a decent stereo and G.P.S trimmed in Red deer leather.
The Di Retails at $14999 Automation dollars (25% markup)

Next in The Lineup is The Saratoga i

The i is the next step up from the Di and the little diesel has been swapped out for DSD’s new 5550cc V8 known as the 555. The i still uses a 6sp automatic gearbox but now with flappy paddles to shift if the driver so wishes, the rear differential also now has a LSD installed which give the car a respectable top speed of 280km/H.

This version of the 555 outputs a total of 400hp and 543Nm while returning average fuel figures in the 9.65L/100KM range. All of this thanks to a new 5 valve shallow valve angle cylinder heads and VVT which allow for very high compression ratio’s. The other side of the coin is the use of an all new plastic composite intake manifold and Direct chamber fuel injection.

Wheels have stepped up to 20" Alloys with 285/30R20 and 295/30R20 tyres. The larger wheels are to accommodate the larger brakes which now measure in at 385mm with 3 piston calipers up front and 265mm with a single piston caliper in the rear. The i model also features a wind tunnel tuned rear spoiler whilst maintaining the same suspension as the Di.

Inside we find 4 premium red deer and Santa Gertrudis leather seats with handsfree mobile bluetooth G.P.S and on board wi-Fi.

Retailing at $31999 Automation dollars @ 30%

Stepping up from the i model we have the e trim. This is basically a more prestigious version of the i with a higher power output and darker colours available.

The e uses a higher tuned 555 with a total output of 500hp and 582Nm, whilst still using the same 6sp flappy autobox and LSD top speed jumps up to 295Km/H. Along with the engine wheels have been stepped up again now measuring in at 285/30R21 and 305/25R21 with razor blade like 5 spoke alloy wheels.

Brakes, suspension and Aero remains the same as the i spec, however another step up in the quality of the 4 seat interior along with a futurist yet easy to use H.U.D and introducing launch control to the car.

Retails for $36999 @ 40%

Now we come the the top of the line Turbo model.

The turbo is the premium version of the SARATOGA, with a more is more approach.
More power. the 555 has had twin turbochargers added along a long runner carbon composite intake manifold which has resulted in 605hp and 705Nm. This coupled to a 6sp manual gearbox and electronically controlled LSD result in a top speed of 316Km/H.

Wheels remain at 21" however larger 285 front and huge 325 Sports tyres are standard equipment.
The brake discs remain the same however larger 4 piston calipers are now used on the front brakes.

Inside we find a stripped back version of the e interior with only 2 seats but retaining the H.U.D and launch control features. The suspension remains the same however minor adjustments were made to rear camber and sway bar stiffness.

Retailing at $38999 @ 40%

The R trim from DSD Racing

The SARATOGA R is a stripped down street legal racing car built by DSD racing (street legal in that it can be registered on Australian roads but will need to be on a club permit) That features a 700Hp naturally aspirated 5550cc cross-plane v8 engine with a 9000RPM redline.

The engine is mated to a 7sp manual gearbox and geared LSD rear differential, helping the R to reach a top speed of 319Km/H. Sport tyres wrap around 21" magnesium wheels proudly displaying the A.P Racing 4 piston disc brakes. Active rear wings and cooling vents help keep the car flat and glued to the road.

Inside we have two leather trimmed bucket seats with racing harnesses and a simple 2 speaker cd stereo and a more aggressive launch control system.

Only available in white with choice of red, orange or black bonnet strips.
Retails for $42999 @ 50%

Finally we come to the top of the range track ready R+.
Fitted with a 850HP 555 with individual throttle per cylinder direct chamber fuel injection and a final redline of 10000RPMS!

The body and chassis are made up of bonded and glued aluminum and feature double wishbones and push-rod suspension, the + model is unique in that the active wings have been removed and replaced with adjustable fixed units, not only are the wings unique but the upwards exiting exhaust makes the 555 one of the best sounding v8’s in the Automation world.

The cars come equipped with 19" Carbon fiber wheels and semi-slick tyres measuring 335/30R19 and 395/30R19 respectively, and also feature 400mm 6 piston carbon fiber brakes. As mentioned earlier the fixed wings produce quite a lot of usable down force and ultimately limit the top speed to 350KM/h, achieved via a 7sp manual gearbox also rushing thru the gears finishing 0-100 in 3.8 seconds.

Inside comes fitted out standard with carbon Kevlar racing bucket seats with 5 point harnesses a roll-cage and not much else in an effort to shave weight however adjustable ABS and hydraulic power steering are also fitted. While many of DSD’s competitors remain transfixed with fancy electronic we like to stick with what we know so a hydropnuematic suspension is used with twin tube shock absorbers and passive heavy swaybars.

Taking orders now at $64999 @57%

juliusgraham5485 - DSD SARATOGA.zip (126.4 KB)

6 Likes