Engine And Car building help in General

Modena - MC8Z.car (20.4 KB)
this Car no matter what i do spins out with only 389 hp and 295s in the rear

imagen

Well… add TC or ESC

Or modulate your gas pedal.

1 Like

I don’t feel like downloading the car file, but I can tell you from personal experience that anything above ~300 hp without AWD will never feel planted unless you use high downforce and semi slicks. Unfortunately, it be like that sometimes, soooo, uh, (where was I going with this), throttle control to the rescue!!!

Right I had a brief look. You’d think on paper it’s pretty reasonable: low wheelspin penalty, fairly understeery handling graph, rear downforce. But it’s still nearly 400hp going to the rear wheels in a front-heavy car with not particularly grippy tyres (nevermind the width I’m looking at the compound). Without modulating your throttle anywhere below 170km/h you’re going to get heaps of power oversteer whether you like it or not.

And that is why the Ford Mustang is America’s favourite population control device such a handful for inexperienced drivers.

Also in case you’re wondering why it doesn’t score in Muscle and only has a mediocre score in Hyper, you’re using way too much of this:

Edit: if it’s a muscle car you’re after, I took the liberty of editing the file and optimising for that market in Automation. It should do everything better for cheaper (at least in Automation). I forgot to rename it though, so unfortunately it is highly likely to overwrite your original file.

Modena - MC8Z.car (19.8 KB)

Beware though, it is only optimised for Automation (especially the extreme cost saving of using the same tyres front and rear). If anything it’s going to be even more prone to power oversteer in Beam! Optimising for that is another matter entirely.

2 Likes

my car just spins its tires like it has a 1000 hp. when i let off the throttle at 20 mph its unsavable and spins out at even low speeds what could be causing this. its has been happening to all of my vehicles lately

My experience here has been a combination of the following:
1 rear tires too narrow for the compound being used and/or need to change tire compound to something more sticky. Put another way, there is not enough traction to redirect the torque into the pavement. The excess torque is then translated into loss of traction via wheel spin.
2 Transmission has either too few gears or too many gears for the speed limit set and their spacing needs adjusting.
3 Wheel spin is above 2.3%. Wheel spin is only suppose to be noticeable in BeamNG when up shifting. Most noticeable on an automatic or duel clutch transmission which itself is coupled to an engine who’s torque and horsepower curve closely match in their respective RPM ranges. Automation wants your wheel spin to be about .4% or less. However I think you can get away with a greater wheel spin percentage in BeamNG.

Hope this helps
Retro Age Motors
Parking Memories in the Driveway